I really know that Travis Henry is the backup...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

I really know that Travis Henry is the backup...

cause I actually get nervous when they put him in...anybody else get that same feeling?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • BuffaloJayhawk
    • Aug 2004

I do to, he seems to be a Chicago runningback to me. just lost it this year.
    http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Drewpac
      • Jul 2002

I don't get nervous. But I don't get excited either. I figure he'll run straight ahead for a yard or two and fall down.

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
        • Aug 2004

or just fall down
        http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

i dont get worried either..

but i dont expect much.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
            • May 2004

I sat there thinking the same thing and wondered if I am crazy or what....I was a big Henry guy but man, he just doesn't look the same this year. Probably figures he ain't gonna kill himself for a team that has very slim chance for playoff and is gonna trade him in the offseason.
            "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
            --Leo Durocher

Comment

• finsrclowns
              • Apr 2004

Or have the only ball thrown to him go right through his hands. T Hen's reaction to the challenge of WM is the most pathetic thing I've seen in sports. He looks like he's going through the motions out there and IMO we'd be 5-2 right now if WM had started all year.
              finsrclowns

Comment

• mush69
                • Jan 2003

Every time he checked in Mikey and I were saying here comes a pass play!
                Don't Mistake Lack Of Talent For Genius

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

I love it when they open holes for Henry. Key word when.
                  You guys are too tough on him.
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mybills
                    I love it when they open holes for Henry. Key word when.
                    You guys are too tough on him.
                    Point is, that he needs those pre-defined holes and can't cut back when it closes and another opens up.
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

How can you get nervous when our backup has ran for well over 1000 yards the last 2 years. I am very comfortable with Henry.

Comment

• TedMock
                        • Jul 2002

I still love Henry between the tackles, when the hole is obvious. He showed yesterday by his feet-churning that he can still run hard. However, a lineman and fullback can still have nice blocks without being able to show that well defined hole. McGahee seems to have better vision than Henry. Yesterday, there were a few times when the Jets LB's blitzed. Shelton met them right in the hole and stopped them cold. Instead of trying to force through, McGahee was able to bounce outside. That's where he has the advantage. Henry seems to run into the backs of the OL and FB more so. McGahee wasn't just bouncing straight to the outside either. He was reading the blocks and moving over just one hole, here and there as well. His vision is his biggest strength. I know that's saying a lot seeing how physically gifted he is, but that vision is allowing him to showcase his physical talent.

Comment

• mybills
                          81 st zoner
                          • Jul 2002

I am too, Thurm. He showed us the same driving leg power that WM showed. I have nothing bad to say about him.
                          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Anyone notice Henry's reaction when McGahee ran in for the TD yesterday? Henry looked pissed as hell. That was certainly not a team player kind of reaction.

Comment

• TedMock
                              • Jul 2002

Nobody should have anything bad to say about Henry. The guy is a very good running back, and he's a true warrior. He plays tough, and through injury. I personally respect the heck out of him. I actually feel for him because of what's going on, but the truth is that as good as he is, McGahee's playing better. Henry has easily been my favorite player the last couple of seasons, but I would start McGahee too, if I was the coach.

Comment

Working...
                              X