• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Willis McGahee - 2000yards??

I saw Tatonka's thread about trading his keeper (Portis) for McGahee...

He has some great home stats, I'll give you that...in fact he would be on pass for 1840 if all 16 games were played at home...let's hope he can keep performing on the road...this team seems to forget they are playing football when they leave RWS.

Similarly, 1840 behind this offense line and running on a surgically rebuilt knee...unreal.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

I actually traded Michael Clayton for McGahee two weeks ago.

McGahee is playing really well and looks good. My only concern is they are going to burn him out, as he is carrying the ball 67 times the last 2 weeks.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39

McGahee is playing really well and looks good. My only concern is they are going to burn him out, as he is carrying the ball 67 times the last 2 weeks.
      We are gonna need Henry to come in against the Pats if we are going to beat them. Drew will need the running game. In yersterdays game, bringing in Henry in the 3rd qtr. to give WM a rest was a good move. I knew we would need WM in the 4th.

Keep WM and TH against the Pats and wear down their DL .That also keeps Brady off the field.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• juice
        • Aug 2003

How is Dillon looking for this weeks game.. is he gonna play?

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• juice
          • Aug 2003

My fault I see he had over 100 Sunday.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

the kid wanted the rock...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Buffalofan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              We are gonna need Henry to come in against the Pats if we are going to beat them. Drew will need the running game. In yersterdays game, bringing in Henry in the 3rd qtr. to give WM a rest was a good move. I knew we would need WM in the 4th.

Keep WM and TH against the Pats and wear down their DL .That also keeps Brady off the field.
              Right on brother !! Lets just hope Mularkey is reading this too ...

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                • Jul 2003

I think the Pats would love if the Bills lined up and ran the ball a lot, given the condition of the secondary. Martz helped them yesterday by not trying to pass more. Even if the Bills have some success running the football, the Pats can win. I think their big concern right not on defense is not letting up the big play. They are going to allow some yardage, but they want to limit the damage by forcing FG instead of touchdowns and by getting turnovers.

Juice, Dillon will probably be questionable again this week. It was only decided Sunday morning that he would play this week. He actually left yesterday's game for a little while in the 3rd quarter when he took a shot in the thigh (he has a deep bruise in his left leg), but returned in the 4th quarter and finished strong (9 carries for 37 yards, running out the clock).

Keep an eye out Friday if Dillon practices. Before the Steelers game, he missed practice all week, including Friday. This week, he missed up until Friday, but then participated some on that day's preparation. I imagine the team will continue to rest him during the week, but if he practices Friday he is far more likely to play.

I think Deion Branch might have a shot at getting back, although he probably misses another week or two. The Pats have really missed him (he is their best WR), even though David Givens has stepped up his play. If Branch were to return, the Pats would be able to run much more multiple-WR stuff and spread the field, something they have not done much since early in the season when they had numbers at WR.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

I think the Pats would love if the Bills lined up and ran the ball a lot, given the condition of the secondary. Martz helped them yesterday by not trying to pass more. Even if the Bills have some success running the football, the Pats can win. I think their big concern right not on defense is not letting up the big play. They are going to allow some yardage, but they want to limit the damage by forcing FG instead of touchdowns and by getting turnovers.

Juice, Dillon will probably be questionable again this week. It was only decided Sunday morning that he would play this week. He actually left yesterday's game for a little while in the 3rd quarter when he took a shot in the thigh (he has a deep bruise in his left leg), but returned in the 4th quarter and finished strong (9 carries for 37 yards, running out the clock).

Keep an eye out Friday if Dillon practices. Before the Steelers game, he missed practice all week, including Friday. This week, he missed up until Friday, but then participated some on that day's preparation. I imagine the team will continue to rest him during the week, but if he practices Friday he is far more likely to play.

I think Deion Branch might have a shot at getting back, although he probably misses another week or two. The Pats have really missed him (he is their best WR), even though David Givens has stepped up his play. If Branch were to return, the Pats would be able to run much more multiple-WR stuff and spread the field, something they have not done much since early in the season when they had numbers at WR.
                  first play from scrimmage will be a pass to Moulds...it is every game...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

I think we will see far less carries against NE this week or atleast I hope so....Willis out of the backfield would be alot more logical, with his ability to make people miss and your depleted DB's it could be a long day for NE. I expect to see more of Henry next week 5-10 carries, and would like to see Willis get 20-25. I dont want to kill the kid but I think yesterday's game was his statement game that the knee is back and he can handle a load and boy did he ever come up big. I want to see it toned down some. If I was NE I would be more scared about Evans next week, he really had a big game last week and with his speed he could cause Belichek fits, esp if Brown has to play CB again. Should be a great game though, look for our D to be pumped.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

If we don't pound the Pats' DL and tire them out, we won't have a passing game.Drew will be harrased all day.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                      X