Of all the 3-5 teams, which roster would you rather have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EDS
    • Jan 2003

Of all the 3-5 teams, which roster would you rather have?

Parity is definitely the name of the game in the NFL these days. So many 3-5 teams I thought it would be interesting to hear opinions on this question: Out of all the teams 3-5 or worse, which roster would you prefer to have both for this season and the future?

Me, I have to go with the Bills as they have a solid defense and special teams, and some promising talent on the offensive side of the ball. Alot depends on whether Losman can play, but there certainly is hope for the future. Offensive line can easily be fixed by signing some mid-level free agents and a 2-4th round draft pick or two.

What are your thoughts?
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

I will stick with the Bills roster.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

what other teams are 3-5?
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Cincy
        Cleveland
        Tennessee
        KC
        Oakland (3-6)
        Dallas
        Washington
        Chicago
        New Orleans
        Tampa
        Arizona

I'd stick with us too.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Maybe KC, but their D is just horrid.

Comment

• EDS
            • Jan 2003

For just this year or if I had to win one game then KC would be my choice too. But for the long term outlook, factoring in player development, cap situation, free agents, etc., the Bills seem to be in as good of shape if not better then the rest of the bad teams in the league. Factor in that the Bills have a rookie head coach who will also be gaining experience and acumen and there is hope for this franchise.

I am not saying that a super bowl is imminent or that the Bills will even come close to having a winning record this season, but there is reason for optimism. I think TD has positioned the Bills well for success, but there is alot of football yet to be played.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
              Maybe KC, but their D is just horrid.
              KC's offense with our defense...

Comment

• Iehoshua
                • Jan 2003

With a different QB and another solid receiver in the mix, I think our offense could be as potent as any... Screw KC.

Comment

• northernbillfan
                  Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                  KC's offense with our defense...
                  I like how you follow the rules. You have to select the entire teams roster.

I'd go with the Bills as well. All the other 3-5 teams are shooting themselves in the foot. It took the Bills a while to gel, but it's happening. As Mularkey said "The Jacksonville game haunted the team for a few weeks. Now that it's well behind us the team is playing much better."
                  When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• The King
                    Without me it's just Awe so
                    • Jun 2004

REMOVE THE BAG!!! Its ok now.
                    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                    It was all
                    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by northernbillfan
                      I like how you follow the rules. You have to select the entire teams roster.

I'd go with the Bills as well. All the other 3-5 teams are shooting themselves in the foot. It took the Bills a while to gel, but it's happening. As Mularkey said "The Jacksonville game haunted the team for a few weeks. Now that it's well behind us the team is playing much better."
                      I'll stay with the Bills...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Darth Buffalo
                        With a different QB and another solid receiver in the mix, I think our offense could be as potent as any... Screw KC.
                        We've got our QB and WR of the future.

O-line, O-line, O-line.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Darth Buffalo
                          ANOTHER wr??

sheesh, look at kc's wrs.. they stink.. ours are way better..

the major difference between their offense and our is the qb and the oline.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Iehoshua
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                            ANOTHER wr??

sheesh, look at kc's wrs.. they stink.. ours are way better..

the major difference between their offense and our is the qb and the oline.
                            I still believe adding (or creating) a 3rd receiving threat would open up our O as is. I do agree the line should be addressed. I also agree KCs receivers are garbage.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                              • May 2004

I'll trade our entire roster for the Browns entire roster if I can keep our coaching staff, front office, and ownership.
                              "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                              --Leo Durocher

Comment

Working...
                              X