X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaBills
    • Sep 2004

Can we beat NE with our running game?

It seems to me with the new found success of WM in the picture, that if we stick to a grind it out attack with him, we can keep Brady & Co. off the field.

I don't like the prospects of a Drew vs. Brady shootout. In pass situations, Bellisuck knows DB too well. He'll just line up 7 and blitz the hell out of him.

I'm confident we can stop their running game with Dillon, (if he's even playing?), with our front. But Brady throwing his quick outs and slants always seems to give our DBs fits.

The NE crowd will be amped and I think an initial Bills' drive based on the run will take them out of it. A three-and-out just plays into their hands and if we end up playing catch-up, that will kill us.
    “The Bills: better than the record indicates.”
  • BuffaloJayhawk
    • Aug 2004

I beleive in Willis, so yes
    http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• BillsFever21
      • Aug 2004

These last two wins have been great but we don't stand a chance in hell in Foxboro.

Comment

• TedMock
        • Jul 2002

I don't see us pulling this one off, but ya never know. I'll be hoping to god we do. Although Pittsburgh's the hottest team going right now, I still think NE is the best team. These next three games (NE, Rams, Seahawks) should be our toughest stretch. 1-2 would actually be a success. If this team continues to grow, they could go 1-2 in the next three and conceivably be 8-7 going into the final game against Pittsburgh. The problem is that we'd have to string together at least 4 games in a row, and then beat Pittsburgh. That's assuming the following: We beat EITHER NE, Rams, or Seahawks; THEN we win at Miami, home vs. Cleveland, at Cincy, and at San Fran. That's a tall order, but it's not that far-fetched.

Pittsburgh just played (and won) it's too toughest games of the year. If the stars are aligned properly, they should win 5 of their next 7. Baltimore's 2nd in that division, down by 2 games, and has a slightly tougher schedule ahead of them. So, Pittsburgh could potentially come into Buffalo with at least a 2 game cushion in the division and a 12-3 record. That would mean that the Bills game is a meaningless game for them, but a 9-7 overall game for us. Keep the faith people.

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

Coaching will win or lose Sundays game.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• The Natrix
            • Jul 2002

It would be the best win since the snow game, but I don't see it happening. Our wierd away unis coupled with playing at Foxboro with DREW ON THE ROAD spells disaster, I think.

Byrd.

Comment

• The Natrix
              • Jul 2002

..and with all the hillarious ESPN talk about the Steelers being the best team in football, Pats will be fired up to prove they are the best.

Byrd.

Comment

• TedMock
                • Jul 2002

Don't forget the way we usually look on nationally televised, night games. Sure, we've won a few over the years, but it seems like we blow even more. Win we lose at night, we really lose.

Comment

• The Natrix
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TedMock
                  Don't forget the way we usually look on nationally televised, night games. Sure, we've won a few over the years, but it seems like we blow even more. Win we lose at night, we really lose.

I did forget. Thanks for reminding me.

Byrd.

Comment

• EDS
                    • Jan 2003

In the NFL, any team can beat any other team on any given sunday.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by TedMock
                      Win we lose at night, we really lose.
                      Must be some new Chinese proverb I've never heard before.

Comment

• helmetguy
                        Touch the helmet for luck
                        • Sep 2002

Actually, Ted, I can quite reasonably see us going 2-1 over that stretch. As the weeks wear on, the Rams and 'Hawks tend to look as much like pretenders as they do contenders; consistently inconsistent. Road games have bitten us in the ass over the last few years, sure. However, from what I've seen lately, MM and Co. are finally making sense out of the mess left behind by their predecessors. Yeah, we have a long way to go, but you have to learn to walk first before you run.
                        Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                        And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• John Doe
                          Florida Man
                          • Jul 2002

We have a chance to win, but we would have a much bigger chance if Mike Williams plays.

Comment

• Billsrules101
                            • Nov 2004

also if we arent able to keep them off the field i think our D shold do a good job of stopping the brady bunch...

oh and im new to the boards so hello everyone!
                            http://www.ripway.com/members/getfile.asp?file=\2004-6\127842\thenrysig%2Ejpg

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                              Maybe?
                              • Oct 2003

Well, if we don't beat NE with our running game, we won't beat NE period. Except for Game 1 last year, Drew has been at his worst (which is really, really bad) when playing against Belichick. Not to mention is his performances on the road against winning teams. So if WM doesn't have a stellar game, we don't have a chance IMO.

Welcome to the Zone Billsrules101!

Comment

Working...
                              X