PDA

View Full Version : Wanna love Willis even more?

Michael82
11-08-2004, 03:06 PM
I was looking around for a highlight video of him and I came across his final play in college football. The hit that changed his life...BEWARE, this is graphic footage and some of you may not be able to handle it. But after seeing it, it really makes me respect him even more. I didn't know how bad he was it, but after seeing it...WOW!

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/mcgahee.html

Michael82
11-08-2004, 03:08 PM
By the way...look at how he holds onto the ball the whole entire time. :eek:

:clap:

Iehoshua
11-08-2004, 03:10 PM
Awwhhhh gawd.... Its painful to watch that!!

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
11-08-2004, 03:10 PM
yeah ya gotta love modern medicine. In the old days that boy would never have walked without a cane.

Kenny
11-08-2004, 03:51 PM
I'll admit it. If it wasnt for that injury, I dont think I'd be as big of a fan of his as I am right now.

He not only recovered, but IMO is the main reason we've got our 3 wins this season.

Iehoshua
11-08-2004, 03:52 PM
If he wasn't injured, he'd not be playing for us. Period.

ajsdx
11-08-2004, 04:01 PM

Exactly. Despite his whining and his terrible agent (well, not terrible for McGahee), he'd be gone top 5 if that hadn't happened. We had to wait for a year, but IF HE PANS OUT LIKE IT LOOKS LIKE HE WILL essentially what we did was trade our #23 one year for a #5 the following year. Not bad, especially since we have him locked up for 6 years (although if he keeps improving you can bet he'll want a new contract by the end of next year).

tomdonahoe
11-08-2004, 04:04 PM
The difference between that injury and other common knee injuries is that Willis suffered a triple detachment of the ligament from the bone in his knee. So all three ligaments never tore or ripped. This helped him recover somewhat quickly because the ligaments didn't have to mend themselves together because they were always intact. That's why he was squatting and running before the draft and that is the main reason he still was drafted in the first round. If he would have suffered a tear in all three ligaments, I don't think the Bills or anyone else in the first couple rounds would have taken him.

Mr. Cynical
11-08-2004, 06:37 PM
Agreed.

THATHURMANATOR
11-08-2004, 06:37 PM
That video doesn't make me love Willis anymore than before.

BAM
11-08-2004, 07:29 PM
As I stated in another thread... Willis, http://pages.prodigy.net/hauxfan/Signs/Text_in_Bubble/7.gif

Drive 4 Five
11-08-2004, 07:37 PM
Man, what was Tom Donahoe thinking drafting a running back when we had other more desperate needs to fill? Someone should fire his ass. He obviously is like the worst GM in the entire league. What a bonehead that Donahoe guy is, huh?

I know football is the ultimate team game but it is quite amazing what one guy can do for the team. This guy is clearly the spark that we lacked on offense.

Drive 4 Five
11-08-2004, 07:39 PM
Three games with 100+ rushing yards=3 victories. Hard to argue with that.

MyDumpsAreABigLoad
11-08-2004, 07:40 PM
yeh

BAM
11-08-2004, 07:43 PM
Dude that's ***** nasty!!!!!

Drive 4 Five
11-08-2004, 07:45 PM
My Dumps...that is just ****ing nasty bro. You should be banned for that ****. :roflmao:

MyDumpsAreABigLoad
11-08-2004, 07:45 PM
One of my own little beauties

Michael82
11-09-2004, 10:57 AM
The difference between that injury and other common knee injuries is that Willis suffered a triple detachment of the ligament from the bone in his knee. So all three ligaments never tore or ripped. This helped him recover somewhat quickly because the ligaments didn't have to mend themselves together because they were always intact. That's why he was squatting and running before the draft and that is the main reason he still was drafted in the first round. If he would have suffered a tear in all three ligaments, I don't think the Bills or anyone else in the first couple rounds would have taken him.
Good post, Mr. Donahoe. :up:

NC-BILLS44
11-09-2004, 02:18 PM

It would have been worse if his foot was planted at the time of the hit. You can see in the video that the knee hyperextends before his foot reaches the ground. If he had had his weight on the knee when it hyperextended, it would have tore the ligaments. IMHO Check it out.

Drewpac
11-09-2004, 03:02 PM
I just lost my lunch watching that.

Marino13Phins
11-09-2004, 06:21 PM
I remember watching that game and seeing it happen live. That was crazy. Everyone was cheering about the run and I'm sitting there just with my jaw down. I was like "did anyone just see his leg do that?"

Marino13Phins
11-09-2004, 06:30 PM
I was looking around that site mikey, did you see this? It's so stupid it's kind of funny. :rofl:

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/eow.html

Mad Bomber
11-09-2004, 06:49 PM
Watching his knee bend backwards like that was as bad as watching LT break Theisman's leg....... :puke:

Michael82
11-10-2004, 09:35 AM
Watching his knee bend backwards like that was as bad as watching LT break Theisman's leg....... :puke:
I agree. It was rather disturbing. :ill:

Michael82
11-10-2004, 09:39 AM
I was looking around that site mikey, did you see this? It's so stupid it's kind of funny. :rofl:

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/eow.html
:roflmao:

It was really stupid...but I'm still laughing at it. :snicker:

The King
11-10-2004, 10:05 AM
Speaking of willis anyone have a pic of his throat tattoo?