• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Enough is enough...

Fact is this.

Bledsoe sealed this game for us. He brought us back from a deficit against one of the best teams in the league, in horrible conditions.

When you look at his stats think of this.

McGahee ran the ball 37+ times. Henry and Burns had a couple carries, so we ran the ball over 40+ times today.

Drew did what he needed to do to win. We played the same defense that Tom Brady put 13 points up against. Drew made some great throws, great decisions, and even made great moves in the pocket multiple times. He did not have an average day.

Drew is doing his job and winning. We're actually playing the "smashmouth football" that has been promised since the day of MM's hiring. Drew is contributing to that offense, and while he didn't single-handedly win the game, he was a significant part of it for people to say he had an average day.

Really, pull out all the stats you want about his yardage, attempts, comp %. The only stats that matter are:

0 INTs, 0 sacks, no turnovers, no mistakes.

Granted, Drew has had some bad games this year, and deserves criticism for them. BUT, whenever he has a good game, people can't admit that the guy who they've cussed out on a online forum, the guy that they have come to hate in their heart, actually did good for the team.

Sorry, I just went through the board and found a bunch of posts with some geeks using stats to judge Drew's game.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.
  • BAM
    • Sep 2003

You must not read this forum often.

Comment

• Crisis
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BAM
      You must not read this forum often.
      I just read about 10 threads where the same people posting Bledsoe's stats and saying he only had an average day.

I'm not the biggest Bledsoe fan, but to say he had an average day is just stupid...

You cant base performances off stats.

Just because some guys are mad that Bledsoe lost them their fantasy football matchup doesn't mean he had a bad day.

Comment

• Iehoshua
        • Jan 2003

I dislike Drew as a player and still highly anticipate Losman's rise, but I also agree with you, Crisis...

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

drew had an ok day.he doesn't need to do much when we can run the ball like we did.i didn't hear too many people criticize his play when he threw for under a 100 yards last week either.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• ajsdx
            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Crisis
            I just read about 10 threads where the same people posting Bledsoe's stats and saying he only had an average day.

I'm not the biggest Bledsoe fan, but to say he had an average day is just stupid...

You cant base performances off stats.

Just because some guys are mad that Bledsoe lost them their fantasy football matchup doesn't mean he had a bad day.
            First of all, no one has Bledsoe on their fantasy team. Or at least, no one who's competitive in their league. I think a lot of the problem stems from DB's salary. I am one of DB's "supporters" in the sense that I think people are giving him too much blame. The people who sit back and "wait for him to start to suck" and then mercilessly beat his ass when he does are using Drew as a scapegoat. QB's usually are, in anycase. However, I do agree with the Bledslow faction in that DB makes bank for doing unspecial things. If we were winning, it wouldn't be a problem. But since we suck, a lot of people say, "well we could use that 6 mill we're paying DB and get some OL, or DL, or Buffalo Wings." I'd say Losman takes the field next year no matter what. Kitna, Palmer, and Cincy last year set a precedent which the Bills and Chargers will follow next year.

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

Let's face it...when a person doesnt understand what he's watching, he sticks to stats to tell the "story"
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Crisis
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ajsdx
                First of all, no one has Bledsoe on their fantasy team. Or at least, no one who's competitive in their league. I think a lot of the problem stems from DB's salary. I am one of DB's "supporters" in the sense that I think people are giving him too much blame. The people who sit back and "wait for him to start to suck" and then mercilessly beat his ass when he does are using Drew as a scapegoat. QB's usually are, in anycase. However, I do agree with the Bledslow faction in that DB makes bank for doing unspecial things. If we were winning, it wouldn't be a problem. But since we suck, a lot of people say, "well we could use that 6 mill we're paying DB and get some OL, or DL, or Buffalo Wings." I'd say Losman takes the field next year no matter what. Kitna, Palmer, and Cincy last year set a precedent which the Bills and Chargers will follow next year.
                I mostly agree with you...

But, lately Drew is doing what he is getting paid for...to win. That may not of been the case earlier in the season, but it is lately - but people are still criticizing him when hes a huge part of a win over a 6-1 team.

Comment

• ajsdx
                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Crisis
                  I mostly agree with you...

But, lately Drew is doing what he is getting paid for...to win. That may not of been the case earlier in the season, but it is lately - but people are still criticizing him when hes a huge part of a win over a 6-1 team.
                  Yeah, I agree with you there. But after all, we are creatures of habit...

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Play action is a zillion times more effective when you can actually run the ball. McGahee makes Drew better.

Plus Drew is one of the few QB's who can throw a long ball with all that wind.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Drew played his PART in beating the jets. So did, Milloy, WM, Kelsay ,MM ,etc. and especially the janitor. It was a victory by the entire team.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                        • Jan 2004

When was the last time Drew played well on the road?

If he plays well this week, I'll shutup about him but, until he plays well on the road against a good team, he shouldn't be quarterbacking this team.
                        You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Drew makes way to much money to warrant his huge salary. Bottom line.

Comment

• casdhf
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                            Drew makes way to much money to warrant his huge salary. Bottom line.
                            Wanna try that one again?
                            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by casdhf
                              Wanna try that one again?
                              No why?

Comment

Working...
                              X