PDA

View Full Version : Can you guys help me out with a R. Williams question

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-09-2004, 12:16 PM
This guy I work with claims I have "manure on the brain" to think there is no way a GM in the NFL can waste a 1st round draft pick on Ricky Williams. I said that the Dolphins will be lucky to get a 3rd, extremely lucky to get a 2nd for him. Am I crazy to think that Ricky will not command a 1st round pick?

Ebenezer
11-09-2004, 12:22 PM
This guy I work with claims I have "manure on the brain" to think there is no way a GM in the NFL can waste a 1st round draft pick on Ricky Williams. I said that the Dolphins will be lucky to get a 3rd, extremely lucky to get a 2nd for him. Am I crazy to think that Ricky will not command a 1st round pick?
Al Davis does a lot of weird things...I can see him giving up at least a 1st rounder for him.

Pride
11-09-2004, 02:50 PM
I can see a late first rounder for him... assuming he passes a physical.

He will get a very incentive laiden contract tho. Like, he must suit up for 14 out of 16 games to get any money kind of thing.

Regardless of my dislike for him personally. He is a fantastic RB, and with having a year off, will have fresh legs to boot

Patrick76777
11-09-2004, 02:53 PM
Al Davis does a lot of weird things...I can see him giving up at least a 1st rounder for him.

True, but Davis will have a top 10 pick!

LtBillsFan66
11-09-2004, 02:53 PM
I think Ricky is worth a first rounder.

generalmills
11-09-2004, 03:03 PM
what do you think Al Davis will have at the top of his shopping list this april around draft time?? T. Henry who he would likely get for a 2nd or 3rd rounder or Ricky Williams (and what do you think he would have to give up for him)?
also is Shawn Alexandre a free agent at the end of this year??

DaBills
11-09-2004, 03:12 PM
It's not his legs that are the problem, it's his head.

:doh:

Forward_Lateral
11-09-2004, 03:22 PM
Don't forget that as soon as he comes out of retirement, Ricky has to serve a 4 game (I think it's 4) suspension for his violation of the NFL drug policy. So basically you'd be givinf up a 1st round pick for a guy who's going to miss a quarter of the season for sure, maybe more if he decides he wants to smoke a bowl or two again.

Marino13Phins
11-09-2004, 06:20 PM
I'm pretty sure Miami can grab a #1 pick for him, especially if dealing with that weirdo Davis. His physical skills can't deny him a #1 pick. But I want to unload him no matter what. He doesn't deserve to be part of the phins (besides having the losing record.... he deserves that). The only thing the team that gets him has to worry about is his head, which was mentioned above. That's one reason I don't want him back on the phins, and because he basically turned his back on us.

imbondz
11-09-2004, 06:39 PM
what? :smoke:

Marino13Phins
11-09-2004, 06:40 PM
:(

finsrclowns
11-09-2004, 08:37 PM
3rd rounder at best is the correct answer.
Why you ask? Because Ricky himself was recently quoted as saying he only wanted to play one more year. You're going to give up a 1st for that? Even if he's not totally serious that just adds to the quite valid perception that Ricky is a nut job head case that cannot be trusted. He's already let one team's season go "up in smoke". Why not another? 1st rounder my ass! :loser: