PDA

View Full Version : Does Glenn Parker still watch football?

OpIv37
11-09-2004, 08:28 PM
I just saw him on Playbook (NFL Network). They were ranking the best defensive lines in the league, and he said the Jets. Did he watch the game on Sunday? Zero sacks against the most-sacked QB in the league and they gave up 137 yards to a (technically) rookie RB. Meanwhile the Bills have not allowed a 100 yard rusher all season and shut down two of the best backs in the game in consecutive weeks. Not saying they're the best line in the league- just saying they've definitely outplayed the Jets D-line over the last few games.

Side note: They showed Kelsay's sack as part of their Big Hits reel, but they also showed Moorman getting decked.

The_Philster
11-09-2004, 08:30 PM
going into the game, they really were one of, if not the best, in the league...they were calling themselves Fear Factor

OpIv37
11-09-2004, 08:37 PM
going into the game, they really were one of, if not the best, in the league...they were calling themselves Fear Factor

I know they ate Buffalo alive in the first game, but I think the most recent performance has to count for something. If they come back strong against the Ravens this weekend, it can be blown off as an off day. But I don't know how he can pick them as the best in the league after Sunday.

G. Host
11-09-2004, 08:39 PM
Jets defensive line did not live up to reputation but they have been one of the best front four in league this year. If they continue to play well this game will be considered a great game by our offensive line and the game plan otherwise they will be considered overrated.

don137
11-10-2004, 07:26 AM
While the Jets do have a good front four they also have not gone against top shelf RB's in the first few weeks except for maybe Dillon and McGahee and I don't really consider him top shelf. He is more tier II. I would put Barlow, Dillon, R Johnson and Henry in the tier II rb's...They also played Miami twice. I would put Miami RB's more in pop warner class. While WM YPC was not overly impressive it was impressive when you think that the Jets knew the Bills were going to run due to the weather but still could not stop him.
Like it was said above. If they shut down Jamal Lewis then they will earn more respect.
I also think big market teams are always given more hype then small market teams. Not many outside of western NY cares to hear about Buffalo's defense.