• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Calling out Drew Bledsoe...

so, in three of the last four games, Bledsoe has done what was asked of him: nothing spectacular, but he played consistent, mistake free football. That will beat the Dolphins, the Cardinals and the Jets, but I don't think it will beat NE.

Belichek knows Drew and our O-line struggles too well. He will also be eager to shut down McGahee, who won't be taking teams by surprise anymore. I expect to see 8 in the box. NE has some injuries in the defensive backfield- if we're going win, Drew needs to make them PAY and do it early. Normally, the run is used to set up the pass, but I think in this instance it needs to be the opposite. If Drew completes a few throws early, it will force the D to back off and open some holes for McGahee. Otherwise, expect a long day of blitzes and a lot of turnovers.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

I see why you think that... but I disagree

I think belichek knows that to beat DB you have to blitz him. It is hard to blitz when you have a RB fast enough to run a sweep. Henry wasnt fast enough to do it.. but McGahee is.

You dont blitz an offense that can run outside of the tackles.

THAT is what I think will keep us close in this game.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Pride
      I see why you think that... but I disagree

I think belichek knows that to beat DB you have to blitz him. It is hard to blitz when you have a RB fast enough to run a sweep. Henry wasnt fast enough to do it.. but McGahee is.

You dont blitz an offense that can run outside of the tackles.

THAT is what I think will keep us close in this game.

If this is the case, do you trust Mularkey and Clements to run the sweep? I'm really sick of being out-coached by NE. Either way, I think Belicheck will blitz until our O proves we can beat it.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Pride
        • Jul 2002

after seeing the run 37 times against the jets... and having success doing so... yes I do. I think the pats are easier to run against than the Jets..

Now... as far as who makes better half time decisions... I still go with Belicheck

Comment

• generalmills
          • Sep 2003

I think that Willis is the key to the game on sunday (indirectly)
          If the bills are able to establish the running game to the outside (as you both have suggested) it will kill their blitz....
          However, I think the NE staff will see this, hold back the blitz and play conservative.. stuffing eight in the box in attempt to stop the run...This would put the game in the hands of DB exactly what they want (even with a banged up secondary)...DB knows that this is the final "defining" game for his career... a loss back in Boston at this time in the season will kill him for good... I think Drew is to proud of a player (and somewhat of a head case)to let himself fail... this could cause him to force the ball and turn it over...and over and over again.. (as we saw in Baltimore+the first Bills NE meeting in buffalo 2 years ago)
          I think that if the bills win the turnover battle on sunday they will win!!

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

I think the key to this game is the "they" rather then just Drew. If the line and the back hold up against the blitz this will give Drew time to exploit a beat up secondary, but you need to stretch the field against NE they have too many LB's capable of making big plays on the pass. I think the keys are run and run often then when get the opportunity heave it long.

Also Brady is great under pressure thats no secret but as soon as Brady experiences failure he tends to shut down. We need to take the 5 step drop away from him and force him to rush his throws.

Finally we need Ninja kicks!! Lots of defensive celebrations... I think it will take the NE crowd right out of the game which I think is just as important as creating turnovers.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Pride
              after seeing the run 37 times against the jets... and having success doing so... yes I do. I think the pats are easier to run against than the Jets..

Now... as far as who makes better half time decisions... I still go with Belicheck
              While Belichick is definitely the better coach at this point, I am very impressed with what the Bills defense has been able to do lately in second half adjustments. In the last four games especially, the opposing team has done nothing. I look forward to this game. I remember in the first game that a lot of what we did offensively, hinged on where Rodney Harrison was playing. If he was up near the line, we passed with some success, and when he was playing back, we ran the ball. I think we moved the ball OK against them in the first meeting, but that was when we were having a real hard time in the red zone.

I wouldn't mind seeing McGee return another one against them.

Comment

• Patti120
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by MBBedard
                Finally we need Ninja kicks!! Lots of defensive celebrations... I think it will take the NE crowd right out of the game which I think is just as important as creating turnovers.
                I'll be there doing my best from the stands, to take them out of the game. So if you see a rather upstate looking guy getting his a$$ kicked or tossed out at any point during the game then your assumption that it was me will probably be correct. Just kidding, but maybe not, probably depends on how good of a game it is and how much alcohol I consume.

Comment

• don137
                  • Jul 2002

I think Drew has to release the ball very quickly when he passes. Bellichick knows the two keys is to stop Mcgahee and put pressure on Bledsoe. NE will want to keep 8 players in the box with maybe one of the players spying on WM. Willis is very fast to the outside so NE will want to change up the players often to keep them fresh and fast.
                  Buffalo needs to couter attack with quick passes because with the NE corners hurt and the aggressive defense of NE a few successful quick throws could slow down the blitzing as well as maybe not put so any players in the box. NE corners could be exposed by quick throws if they jam the box. Buffalo also needs to work on their hurry up offense this week. With NE wanting to keep players fresh working a hurry up offense could prevent NE switching players thus making them susceptable to big plays out of WM, Moulds and Evans.

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

I think NE will still try to blitz Drew, but the presence of McGahee will force them to be a lot more careful about it. They will have to try and disguise things. Two more things that make Buffalo less vulnerable are: Buffalo is getting better at blitz pickup (McGahee's blocking ability helps) and Bledsoe seems to be gaining confidence in his hot read. Broadcasters noticed that in the last game, pointing out that when he was blitzed and his primary receiver was covered, Drew was able to shift to his hot read with no hesitation. He knew the guy would be there.

This is also important. Buffalo coaches have been drilling Drew hard on footwork, particularly on sidestepping to avoid the hard rush. Now you can argue that a nine year veteran QB shouldn't need such coaching, but in any case it seems to be working. The confidence that he can do that if necessary is making Drew more decisive and giving him more pocket presence. It's hard to imagine Drew running 17 yards for a first down a year ago.

Bill Belichick is going to be a severe test for Drew and the Bills since they are still fairly early in this transformation, but if everyone (and especially Drew) keeps their heads screwed on straight they should be very competetive in the game.
                    Last edited by TigerJ; 11-10-2004, 08:20 AM.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                      • Sep 2004

Dont forget that we have to stop the Pats offense. It isnt anything great but they can really move the ball, and alot of teams have trouble slowing them down. Our defense needs to come up huge for us too. Also Lee Evans needs to have a even better game and make the DB's of NE look silly. You know they'll key on Moulds and that should open things up for Evans. Will Josh Reed play? If he does, he could also have a very big game if he does what he needs too.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

If the key to a victory against NE is Drew, than Bellichick will kill us. He knows how to stop Drew by getting in his head. However, BB knows that if McGahee can run like he did the last 2 games, there's no stopping Drew from connecting long balls. BB gameplans is to put pressure on Drew and eventually he'll commit mistakes.

First option, run. 2nd option run. 3rd option, throw to where TY Law has left a hole. Moulds should have a field day if the run is able to open up the pass and Evans take some heat away from Moulds.

We almost beat the Pats the last game without WM running like he did the last 2 games. We can win this game.

I predict an upset. The D will step up this game.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• TedMock
                          • Jul 2002

I think it's going to be a matter of us getting to the outside. NE is a tough defense no matter how you slice it. They're the most disciplined team in the league, hands down. It'll be difficult to find them out of position. I don't think I'd call their LB'ers "fast," though. They're very intelligent, and disciplined. IF our OL can prevent a push up the gut (be it DL or LB's), Willis may be able to bounce a few outside. I'm not putting him up on the "elite" back list or anything, but he does have one advantage over most...speed. All RB's are fast, but how many run low 4.3's? That could very easily keep the DT's and blitzing backers cautious enough to provide the passing game with an extra second or two. I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Comment

• bledslow
                            • May 2004

37 carries for 132 yards last week,thats suppose to be good?

he averages 3.7 ypc

bills got NO chance

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bledslow
                              37 carries for 132 yards last week,thats suppose to be good?

he averages 3.7 ypc

bills got NO chance
                              Huh, what are you talking about? There were 25+ MPH winds last week making it impossible to throw. Considering the defenses knew both teams were going to run the ball WM did a very good job. Martin had less than 70 yards rushing.

Comment

Working...
                              X