PDA

View Full Version : Bills Switching Back to Old Colors!

ajsdx
11-10-2004, 11:39 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=2852

K. Echols (Buffalo, NY): Is there any possibility of the Bills to incorporate a red alternate jersey to accentuate the helmet for some of the home games?
TD: We have certain rules that we have to follow in the National Football League with regard to jerseys and equipment. We have made it known that next year we are in the process of developing a throwback jersey that we will use next season after League approval.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7871001

Reader Bob Doling of Arlington, Va., notes Buffalo general manager Tom Donahoe declared that next season the Bills will wear a "throwback" of their previous red, white and flag-blue jerseys. Tom, just junk the incredibly hideous new Bills look and return to the beautiful old look: All will be forgiven! Buffalo is 17-23 since abandoning red, white and American flag blue -- not to put too fine a point on it, but the single-most successful color scheme in world history -- for its current hideous regalia based on Nineteenth Century Rusting Russian Dreadnaught Aft Bulkhead Cyanic.

YAAAAAAYY!!

Ebenezer
11-10-2004, 11:41 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=2852

K. Echols (Buffalo, NY): Is there any possibility of the Bills to incorporate a red alternate jersey to accentuate the helmet for some of the home games?
TD: We have certain rules that we have to follow in the National Football League with regard to jerseys and equipment. We have made it known that next year we are in the process of developing a throwback jersey that we will use next season after League approval.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7871001

Reader Bob Doling of Arlington, Va., notes Buffalo general manager Tom Donahoe declared that next season the Bills will wear a "throwback" of their previous red, white and flag-blue jerseys. Tom, just junk the incredibly hideous new Bills look and return to the beautiful old look: All will be forgiven! Buffalo is 17-23 since abandoning red, white and American flag blue -- not to put too fine a point on it, but the single-most successful color scheme in world history -- for its current hideous regalia based on Nineteenth Century Rusting Russian Dreadnaught Aft Bulkhead Cyanic.

YAAAAAAYY!!
AMEN! Especially the road uni...just plain bad.

Gunzlingr
11-10-2004, 11:43 AM
I like the home unis :sadwalk:

Michael82
11-10-2004, 11:43 AM
AMEN! Especially the road uni...just plain bad.
I like the road uni jersey...but the navy blue block has to go. and how about add something on the jerseys that tell which team it is? A name or even logo? :idunno:

lordofgun
11-10-2004, 11:44 AM
The old blue sucked.

Patrick76777
11-10-2004, 11:45 AM
The old blue sucked.

Sucked is a bit harsh but the new blues are much better!

Jayhawk
11-10-2004, 11:46 AM
the home ones are cool, but Iwould love to see the old away ones, and the old white helmets.

Michael82
11-10-2004, 11:47 AM
I agree.

lordofgun
11-10-2004, 11:48 AM
sucked!

Michael82
11-10-2004, 11:49 AM
Besides...since when is the old royal blue the flag blue? Isn't the blue on American flags more like a navy blue? I see a bunch of flags with the darker blue. Not that royal crap.

Patrick76777
11-10-2004, 11:50 AM
sucked!

lol

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
11-10-2004, 02:14 PM
I second LOG's opinion that the old blue absolutely sucked. I hated every minute of it. YES EVEN DURING THE GLORY DAYS. I don't like the current unis either. I like the old 70s unis.

Drive 4 Five
11-10-2004, 03:51 PM
I really like the new uniforms. The only change I would make is the helmet . How about a royal blue Helmet with a silver Buffalo? Change the design of the Buffalo too. The Buffalo looks fat. He should be cut and sharp and powerful looking. Like he is cut from steel.

ajsdx
11-10-2004, 04:26 PM
Well it's not a permanent change, just a throwback. Probably just to make a few quick and easy bucks. And I prefered the royal blue unis over the ones we have today. The dark blue monotone isn't cutting it.

THATHURMANATOR
11-10-2004, 04:28 PM
I second LOG's opinion that the old blue absolutely sucked. I hated every minute of it. YES EVEN DURING THE GLORY DAYS. I don't like the current unis either. I like the old 70s unis.

Kiss ass!

Bill Brasky
11-10-2004, 04:34 PM
the home ones are cool, but Iwould love to see the old away ones, and the old white helmets.

if they changed the helmet I would kick somebody's ass. We have the best helmets in the leauge, besides Cincy.

Mr. Cynical
11-10-2004, 05:10 PM
I really hope they make some PERMANENT changes, not just throwback ones.

Yes, our away jerseys are awful.

But ever more pathetic is that the stripes on the blue pants are digustingly bad. How many ***** stripes do you need...and they don't match up to the side of the jerseys AT ALL. Take a look around the league. They either match them up, or they only have a stripe on the jersey or the pants (not both). Everytime I see this I cringe. This is a good shot of it. Seriously, does ANYONE think this looks good? :idunno:

Match them up using a single stripe of the same color top to bottom, or remove one of them (jersey or pants). My vote would be to lose the one on the jersey, since it is a bit too close to Denver anyway.

Bills 4 life
11-10-2004, 05:48 PM
The road uni's are decent. What I don't understand is .....why do the home uni's have navy blue combined with that red line across the back...THEN..a different shade of blue for the #..Sometimes, simple is good!

Marvelous
11-10-2004, 07:05 PM
I have a white road Fletcher and i'm used to it now. I would LOVE to have a alternate red one though. I liked the old red alternate one we had. I had a moulds in that style. But some thug ripped it when i busted him for petty shoplifting :jam: IMO th eroad jersey would be perfect if that blue chest plate was just white. And the red was the same red as the helmet........

im4bflo
11-10-2004, 07:25 PM
I'd like to see us stick with either the navy or the royal, both looks bad, and get rid of the boring Gray, what have we got, about 6 different colors in our uni's now?
Tone it down a little, I love the idea of a Throwback jersey, I find myself buying EVERYTHING I see with the standing buffalo(throwback), on it, I'm so old school!
GO BILLS!!! :jam:

PUCKER
11-10-2004, 10:30 PM
I miss the old jerseys,but I do like our current away jerseys. I didnt like them when they first came out,but they grew on me. To me,they are way better than the old ones. It will be nice to see a throwback next year,though!

NapalmDeath
11-10-2004, 11:52 PM
I would like the throwback uni's to be from the 60's. With the red standing buffalo helmet!

ShadowHawk7
11-11-2004, 11:03 AM
Reader Bob Doling of Arlington, Va., notes Buffalo general manager Tom Donahoe declared that next season the Bills will wear a "throwback" of their previous red, white and flag-blue jerseys.

YAAAAAAYY!!

You mean for the whole season or just a game? I'd like it for 2 home games, but I like the new unis a bit more. Also the old away unis were terrible.

Jayhawk
11-11-2004, 11:12 AM
as long as that red and white helment comes back.

BAM
11-11-2004, 11:44 AM
The title of this thread is a bit misleading. :mad: