Calling ALL "armchiar" "expert" coaches!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alohabillsfan
    • Sep 2003

Calling ALL "armchiar" "expert" coaches!

What's the game plan to beat NE? De we
    (a) Run the ball with them putting 8-9 men in the box?
    (b) Spread the field with 3 and 4 wide because they are really thin at DB?
    (c) Blitz the hell out of Brady and hope we don't get burned?
    (d) Play consevative on offense and hope the "D" and ST pulls it out?
    (e) Cheat

What do all the experts think?
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Run the ball to set up the pass because their run Defense is highly suspect.. there is no way the load the box to stop the Run.. Moulds will destroy them on 12 yd patterns, and Bledsoe can hit those even in the freezing rain.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Offer a higher bribe than what the refs are getting from the Pats.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Normally id say the pound the ball early but in the 1st quarter I want the Pats to blitz us and be passing the ball even if its alot of screens. I wanna send out Evans, Moulds and whoever is the #3 out every play of the 1st quarter and pass almost everyone. NE is so thin in the secondary its scary. My ideal 1st play would be a play action bomb to Evans.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• alohabillsfan
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          Normally id say the pound the ball early but in the 1st quarter I want the Pats to blitz us and be passing the ball even if its alot of screens. I wanna send out Evans, Moulds and whoever is the #3 out every play of the 1st quarter and pass almost everyone. NE is so thin in the secondary its scary. My ideal 1st play would be a play action bomb to Evans.
          Ya, I can buy iy I think it's time for Aiken to step up he's a big physical reciever who should be able to dominate in a 1 on 1 situation.

Also it's time for Campell or Euhus to be a player!

Comment

• Pride
            • Jul 2002

They are going to have to drop a LB back into coverage to help the secondary in zone coverage. THat means the running game should be there... especially on sweeps.

I say... first play of game. Bomb to Evans. That will soften them up from the get go. Then heavy doses of McGahee around end all day long, or at least until we begin to wear them down.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride
              They are going to have to drop a LB back into coverage to help the secondary in zone coverage. THat means the running game should be there... especially on sweeps.

I say... first play of game. Bomb to Evans. That will soften them up from the get go. Then heavy doses of McGahee around end all day long, or at least until we begin to wear them down.

Im worried about keeping Willis fresh still, this is still his 1st year back Id like to see a 15-5 pass-run ration in qtr #1. Id prefer Willis only get 20-25 carries this week.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• The King
                Without me it's just Awe so
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                Im worried about keeping Willis fresh still, this is still his 1st year back Id like to see a 15-5 pass-run ration in qtr #1. Id prefer Willis only get 20-25 carries this week.
                Well thats supposed to be the beauty of having 2 top backs, but since Henry is satisfied being a butt sniffer, McGahee gets a bigger load.
                I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                It was all
                true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
                  • Aug 2004

e. Cheat like hell. The Pats do it.
                  http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• don137
                    • Jul 2002

The Pats will stuff the box so sweeps to WM and quick outs to the WR. Then when they stop crowding the box it opens lanes for runs between the tackles and may give Bledsoe more time for a big downfield play.
                    Also play a hurry up offense so they can not make personnel changes and time for a defensive playcall from the sideline. The Patriots defense is dangerous if you give them time to think and make changes...

Comment

• Kenny
                      • Aug 2004

I dont think option B will work.

The Rams tried it and failed miserably on Sunday (and they have a much better suited offense than ours to do it)

Comment

• Voltron
                        • Jul 2002

RUN RUN AND RUN!

The more you run, the longer you keep the ball out of Tom Brady's greasy little hands! I am more worried about Brady and Dillon then BB's D.
                        Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                        - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                        -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                        - Mark Twain

Comment

• TedMock
                          • Jul 2002

Patience with the run. They're going to stuff us. I just hope that we're stubborn because the more they crowd, the more opportunity we have for Willis to bounce one outside for a big gain. One or two of those can set up a heck of a lot more in the running and passing game. Of course, againgst NE's defense, this is much easier said than done. Persistence is the key, IMO.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                            • Jul 2002

As stupid and cliche-ish as this sounds, I think they need to not make many mistakes, don't turn the ball over, and get turnovers.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                              • May 2004

Our Blitz packages need to be varied. Throw the whole kitchen sink at them. Blitz from all angles, give them many different looks.

MAKE ADJUSTMENTS AT HALF TIME OFFENSIVELY.

Don't play two halves of football the same on offense.

Set up some big plays in the first half and USE the set up on them in the second half. Use them on 1st down if necessary but we have to use the plays that were set up in the first half.

The whole key to this game is QB rythm. Keep Bledsoe in rythm and take Brady out of rythm.

The Pats team, man for man is not any better than the Bills. They just scheme very well, prepare very well, and they are focused every week.

If we do the same it should be a very tight game....and I would give the edge to the Bills because of the chips on the players shoulders and the fact that the Bills season might hinge on this game. If the Pats lose the game....so what....but if the Bills win......it could be a real springboard.
                              "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                              --Leo Durocher

Comment

Working...
                              X