PDA

View Full Version : Calling ALL "armchiar" "expert" coaches!

alohabillsfan
11-10-2004, 11:52 AM
What's the game plan to beat NE? De we
(a) Run the ball with them putting 8-9 men in the box? :scratch:
(b) Spread the field with 3 and 4 wide because they are really thin at DB? :jam:
(c) Blitz the hell out of Brady and hope we don't get burned? :tap:
(d) Play consevative on offense and hope the "D" and ST pulls it out? :doh:
(e) Cheat :crazy:

What do all the experts think?

juice
11-10-2004, 11:55 AM
Run the ball to set up the pass because their run Defense is highly suspect.. there is no way the load the box to stop the Run.. Moulds will destroy them on 12 yd patterns, and Bledsoe can hit those even in the freezing rain.

justasportsfan
11-10-2004, 12:16 PM
Offer a higher bribe than what the refs are getting from the Pats.

DraftBoy
11-10-2004, 12:22 PM
Normally id say the pound the ball early but in the 1st quarter I want the Pats to blitz us and be passing the ball even if its alot of screens. I wanna send out Evans, Moulds and whoever is the #3 out every play of the 1st quarter and pass almost everyone. NE is so thin in the secondary its scary. My ideal 1st play would be a play action bomb to Evans.

alohabillsfan
11-10-2004, 12:25 PM
Normally id say the pound the ball early but in the 1st quarter I want the Pats to blitz us and be passing the ball even if its alot of screens. I wanna send out Evans, Moulds and whoever is the #3 out every play of the 1st quarter and pass almost everyone. NE is so thin in the secondary its scary. My ideal 1st play would be a play action bomb to Evans.

Ya, I can buy iy I think it's time for Aiken to step up he's a big physical reciever who should be able to dominate in a 1 on 1 situation.

Also it's time for Campell or Euhus to be a player!

Pride
11-10-2004, 12:26 PM
They are going to have to drop a LB back into coverage to help the secondary in zone coverage. THat means the running game should be there... especially on sweeps.

I say... first play of game. Bomb to Evans. That will soften them up from the get go. Then heavy doses of McGahee around end all day long, or at least until we begin to wear them down.

DraftBoy
11-10-2004, 12:29 PM
They are going to have to drop a LB back into coverage to help the secondary in zone coverage. THat means the running game should be there... especially on sweeps.

I say... first play of game. Bomb to Evans. That will soften them up from the get go. Then heavy doses of McGahee around end all day long, or at least until we begin to wear them down.

Im worried about keeping Willis fresh still, this is still his 1st year back Id like to see a 15-5 pass-run ration in qtr #1. Id prefer Willis only get 20-25 carries this week.

The King
11-10-2004, 12:33 PM
Im worried about keeping Willis fresh still, this is still his 1st year back Id like to see a 15-5 pass-run ration in qtr #1. Id prefer Willis only get 20-25 carries this week.

Well thats supposed to be the beauty of having 2 top backs, but since Henry is satisfied being a butt sniffer, McGahee gets a bigger load.

Jayhawk
11-10-2004, 12:33 PM
e. Cheat like hell. The Pats do it.

don137
11-10-2004, 12:41 PM
The Pats will stuff the box so sweeps to WM and quick outs to the WR. Then when they stop crowding the box it opens lanes for runs between the tackles and may give Bledsoe more time for a big downfield play.
Also play a hurry up offense so they can not make personnel changes and time for a defensive playcall from the sideline. The Patriots defense is dangerous if you give them time to think and make changes...

Kenny
11-10-2004, 01:22 PM
I dont think option B will work.

The Rams tried it and failed miserably on Sunday (and they have a much better suited offense than ours to do it)

Voltron
11-10-2004, 01:26 PM
RUN RUN AND RUN!

The more you run, the longer you keep the ball out of Tom Brady's greasy little hands! I am more worried about Brady and Dillon then BB's D.

TedMock
11-10-2004, 01:41 PM
Patience with the run. They're going to stuff us. I just hope that we're stubborn because the more they crowd, the more opportunity we have for Willis to bounce one outside for a big gain. One or two of those can set up a heck of a lot more in the running and passing game. Of course, againgst NE's defense, this is much easier said than done. Persistence is the key, IMO.

LtBillsFan66
11-10-2004, 01:43 PM
As stupid and cliche-ish as this sounds, I think they need to not make many mistakes, don't turn the ball over, and get turnovers.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
11-10-2004, 01:50 PM
Our Blitz packages need to be varied. Throw the whole kitchen sink at them. Blitz from all angles, give them many different looks.

MAKE ADJUSTMENTS AT HALF TIME OFFENSIVELY.

Don't play two halves of football the same on offense.

Set up some big plays in the first half and USE the set up on them in the second half. Use them on 1st down if necessary but we have to use the plays that were set up in the first half.

The whole key to this game is QB rythm. Keep Bledsoe in rythm and take Brady out of rythm.

The Pats team, man for man is not any better than the Bills. They just scheme very well, prepare very well, and they are focused every week.

If we do the same it should be a very tight game....and I would give the edge to the Bills because of the chips on the players shoulders and the fact that the Bills season might hinge on this game. If the Pats lose the game....so what....but if the Bills win......it could be a real springboard.

Mad Bomber
11-10-2004, 01:58 PM
Offer a higher bribe than what the refs are getting from the Pats.

That won't work with the Brady Bunch (see avatar).

Drive 4 Five
11-10-2004, 03:00 PM
People...the Patriots have no chance of stopping us from running the ball down their throats. I'm sorry but their front seven is no better than the Jets. Without Ty Law, you know the Bills will be daring them to stack the line so that Evans and Moulds can have their way with that secondary. The only chance they have is to spread our defense out, and hope to get a good lead. That is the only way they will slow our running game. Logic would tell you that forcing our 4th and 5th corners onto the field is the only way to gain an advantage. I don't expect the Patriots to engage us in a grind it out/control the clock type game. They will look to the passing game for point sto take advantage of our young secondary. We clearly have the more physical team at this point. I know it is only three games, but I love what the Bills are doing and how they're playing. I don't belive that this a fluke and I like the Bills in a major upset over the patriots this weekend. Mark my words.

DaBills
11-10-2004, 03:35 PM
(a) Run the ball with them putting 8-9 men in the box?
maybe

(b) Spread the field with 3 and 4 wide because they are really thin at DB?
maybe

(c) Blitz the hell out of Brady and hope we don't get burned?
probably

(d) Play consevative on offense and hope the "D" and ST pulls it out?
no

(e) Cheat
maybe

if Big-Play Go Down-field Mad Bomber Drew shows up, and we go 3-and-out our first series, we are dead. 'Cuz Brady will come right back and drive down for 7. Then we're forced to play catch-up. We might run at that point, but if we fail to score in the Red zone on that second drive, now we are really ****ed.

We need to stick with the way we've played these past two games. WM running will soften up NE for the pass later. Belisuck is just itching to turn his dawgs loose and blitz. If we send Moulds & Co deep, there's no way Drew can stay upright while they run deep routes.

ON OFFENSE:

1) Beat NE at NE's game.
Quick slants, like step, 1-2 and fire. Their corners will be out wide like they usually are. Moulds CAN get open across the middle for the slant. No run-draws deep in the backfield. We have not beat many pass rushes this year with that stupid draw.

2) Steady diet of WM early — AND often.
NE is used to Henry banging straight ahead. They aren't ready for WM. Belisuck thinks by shutting down our run, it will force us to go to pass, and all he has to do is blitz. This won't work though if we run WM successfully.

ON DEFENSE:

1) We absolutely MUST jam and intimidate their WRs at the line.
Brady has one of the quickest releases next to Martino or Favre. He will step back 1 step, turn and fire that stupid quick out to his WR. If McGhee is laying off his usual 10 yards, we are ****ed. NE will then have beaucoup YAC all day.

2) Shut down Dillon.
He went for 112 last week. Not great, but it helps support their pass. They had a balanced attack against the cards, 31 passes and 32 rushes. If we shut him down, Brady has to go the air.

3) Force 3-and outs early to disrupt their rythm.
We can not blitz or pressure Brady with just 5. Our front line is not a dominating front like Tampa's Sapp team was. If we rush just four or five, Brady will have all day. Coupled with our weaker secondary, someone will end up being open for him.

4) Cheat.
Ok, maybe not cheat. But Belicek has his guys hit late and they NEVER get called for it. Watch when Moulds goes across and DB throws an inc. They don't let up. They still hit guys.

We need to as well. Brady's already injured right shoulder needs to hit the deck a few times on a cold night to send a message. 15 yards for unsportsmanlike, my bad. Sorry. Won't happen again ref.

;-)

Plays we must not run:

THE DAMN REVERSE.

THE RUN DRAW ON 3RD AND LONG.

Patti120
11-10-2004, 03:43 PM
Offensively, Run the damn ball, spell Willis with Henry when he needs a break and hope to all hell that Henry (when given the ball) and DB don't turn the ball over. (keep penalties to a minimum too.)

Defensively, Stop Dillon and give Bledsoe a # of looks to hopefully keep him off balance. We also might need to tighten up coverage at times so they don't hit this short slants that they like to, and most importantly force some damn turnovers

Drive 4 Five
11-10-2004, 03:46 PM
I like your assessment DaBills. The best point you made is the fact that the Bills don't need to change anything on offense. They are playing balanced, team effort football right now and that spells trouble for any opponent. We gotta do what we do best and let the chips fall where they may. The only change I would like to see is Jerry Gray sending the house. 4 & 5 man rushes ain't gonna get it done. We need to physically whip their ass and I think they are up to the task.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-11-2004, 06:47 AM
What?!?!?! There are proclaimed "experts" on this board?

chernobylwraiths
11-11-2004, 07:19 AM
I think it is time to break out the naked bootleg again.

Hemlepp53
11-11-2004, 07:40 AM
(a) Run the ball with them putting 8-9 men in the box?
maybe

(b) Spread the field with 3 and 4 wide because they are really thin at DB?
maybe

(c) Blitz the hell out of Brady and hope we don't get burned?
probably

(d) Play consevative on offense and hope the "D" and ST pulls it out?
no

(e) Cheat
maybe

if Big-Play Go Down-field Mad Bomber Drew shows up, and we go 3-and-out our first series, we are dead. 'Cuz Brady will come right back and drive down for 7. Then we're forced to play catch-up. We might run at that point, but if we fail to score in the Red zone on that second drive, now we are really ****ed.

We need to stick with the way we've played these past two games. WM running will soften up NE for the pass later. Belisuck is just itching to turn his dawgs loose and blitz. If we send Moulds & Co deep, there's no way Drew can stay upright while they run deep routes.

ON OFFENSE:

1) Beat NE at NE's game.
Quick slants, like step, 1-2 and fire. Their corners will be out wide like they usually are. Moulds CAN get open across the middle for the slant. No run-draws deep in the backfield. We have not beat many pass rushes this year with that stupid draw.

2) Steady diet of WM early — AND often.
NE is used to Henry banging straight ahead. They aren't ready for WM. Belisuck thinks by shutting down our run, it will force us to go to pass, and all he has to do is blitz. This won't work though if we run WM successfully.

ON DEFENSE:

1) We absolutely MUST jam and intimidate their WRs at the line.
Brady has one of the quickest releases next to Martino or Favre. He will step back 1 step, turn and fire that stupid quick out to his WR. If McGhee is laying off his usual 10 yards, we are ****ed. NE will then have beaucoup YAC all day.

2) Shut down Dillon.
He went for 112 last week. Not great, but it helps support their pass. They had a balanced attack against the cards, 31 passes and 32 rushes. If we shut him down, Brady has to go the air.

3) Force 3-and outs early to disrupt their rythm.
We can not blitz or pressure Brady with just 5. Our front line is not a dominating front like Tampa's Sapp team was. If we rush just four or five, Brady will have all day. Coupled with our weaker secondary, someone will end up being open for him.

4) Cheat.
Ok, maybe not cheat. But Belicek has his guys hit late and they NEVER get called for it. Watch when Moulds goes across and DB throws an inc. They don't let up. They still hit guys.

We need to as well. Brady's already injured right shoulder needs to hit the deck a few times on a cold night to send a message. 15 yards for unsportsmanlike, my bad. Sorry. Won't happen again ref.

;-)

Plays we must not run:

THE DAMN REVERSE.

THE RUN DRAW ON 3RD AND LONG.

:scratch: Great Post... Cant Say I Don't Agree With You... Makes Perfect Football Sense To Me. Don't Fix the Offense If It Aint Broke & Play Defense Like The Game Plan Is Designed!!! Good STuff.. Thanks For The Outlook!!! :jam: