PDA

View Full Version : But do the Bills even believe they can win?

Drev8
11-10-2004, 02:46 PM
Hey guys -

I'm new to the forum but thought I'd give my two cents. Bledsoe in particular has talked about the huge challenge that lays ahead of them this weekend. I'm not sure our team believes they can beat New England. Is confidence a factor more than anything else this weekend?

Drev

Drive 4 Five
11-10-2004, 03:04 PM
I don't believe confidence is an issue at all. Call me crazy but I think that the Bills believe that they can take on anyone right now, and why shouldn't they? This team is finally playing like a TEAM. They are clicking on all cylinders. I don't want to argue about the opponents they have won against because no team is easy to beat in the NFL today. Besides, we all know that our team, as sorry as they have played at times, could easily be
6-2 or even 7-1 right now.

Patti120
11-10-2004, 03:27 PM
I definitely think they have the confidence to win but they are very aware of the fact that they are playing NE at home who is 7-1 and they recognize the magnitude of the challenge.

I don't think they lack the confidence, they just realize that they will need to bring their A game if they want to win this one. We have to play an error free game on both fronts in order to succeed.

BillsRockSOMUCH
11-10-2004, 03:36 PM
How many straight home games have the Pats won? Just wondering if we can break a streak...

Pride
11-10-2004, 03:41 PM
They need to stop with the "We need to beat the Pats" mentality, and start thinking like "We need to beat this 7-1 team"! If they focus on the fact its the pats, they may lose site of the fact that they could play spoilers 2 weeks in a row.

TedMock
11-10-2004, 03:52 PM
I think they absolutely have confidence right now. There's more now than there has been for quite some time. Something finally clicked and they're playing physical, confident, and with a swagger. Willis has helped tremendously. He's trying to pump the crowd up while we're on offense! The guys on both sides of the ball have seemed to "caught" that swagger bug, and they're all playing with a little more attitude. Campbell spiking the ball, Evans doing a first down point, Tucker not backing off Abraham after the assault, Pat Williams saying "we kicked their asses" after the game, Moorman laughing after getting jacked up. All this stuff is goofy, but added up it means a lot. They're starting to have fun and realizing that they are a good team. Will they win this week? Maybe. Either way, I bet they don't play soft or intimidated. They're finally taking pride in their work. That hasn't always been the case. Between McGahee's spark, and McNally finally getting to the OL, this offense has become fun for fans again. And just think, it's "boring," smash-mouth football!