X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NapalmDeath
    • Aug 2004

Bills Away Games

I have been to Bills games in Rich Stadium/The Ralph since 1986, and I have only been to 1 Bills away game ever.

I used to work at Tops when I was in high school. Well, the owner of the store (at one time back then, Each Tops store had an owner, before it went coorporate) took all the male employees on a road trip to Cleveland.

The Bills destroyed them 42 - 0 and coach BELLICHEK whined and complained about Marv after the game.(This was back in 1991 before he was considered a GOD.. LMAO)

Anyways I know that some of you guys on here have gone or are going to an away Bills game.

How many have you been to, and what have been your best memories from them?

There's truth to the saying Buffalo is a drinking town with a football problem, where a passionate fan base believes it has more answers than Ken Jennings on "Jeopardy."
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Great thread.

This upcoming Seattle game will be my first away game for Buffalo. I've been to the shrine only twice before, living in northern Canada makes it a long trek.

The times that I have seen the Bills have both been losses. First time in '87 (NE Dec), second time wasn't until 2001 (Indy Nov). I hope this game atones for both of those.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Patti120
      • Aug 2004

Since I now live in RI I usually all of my Bills games are away and in Foxboro. I've been to about a dozen Bills home games but since I went to college I haven't been to a Bills home game. It's been about 11 years now so for me I am dying to get back to a game at the old Ralph Wilson Stadium. So I get to about 1 game a year in Foxboro.

Unfortunately my games at Foxboro haven't been to memorable over the last few years b/c we have gotten absolutely destroyed. I have also come very close to getting killed a few times because I wear my old Thurman Thomas jersey to their games and the fans out here in NE F with you and F with you hard. The last game I went to they were screaming at a kid with a DB (Buffalo) jersey on. The kid was like 12 and there with his parents and I wanted to kill the drunk Pats fans who were giving him ****. They also gave me **** but the heckling of the kid really got to me.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Comment

• mybills
        81 st zoner
        • Jul 2002

Gillette is the worst place to see a game even if you're a Pats fan. They are ignorant to each other, never mind the opposing team. I could not believe they wouldn't allow other Pats fans to cross through the beer line in the tunnel. "Go AROUND!" is what they shout with their (pissed off even though they're winning) face. Much like sox fans burning cars because they won.
        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Gunzlingr
          • Jul 2002

I saw the Bills play in Minneapolis in 2000 and 2002.
          You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

The only away game I've ever been to is the Baltimore game this year at M&T Bank Stadium. The stadium itself is great- steep, but very modern, great sound (even in the nosebleed section), tons of TV's around the concession stands and bathrooms, etc.

The Ravens fans were really cool with me- they even shared their whiskey with me after security confiscated mine (I posted about this in the TZ). In fact, the only people who talked smack the whole weekend were two Pats fans that I ran into around the city.

My one complaint: Purple camoflage is popular amongst Ravens fans. WTF?
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• northernbillfan
              Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
              I saw the Bills play in Minneapolis in 2000 and 2002.
              Cool. Was it loud in the Dome?
              When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• BiLLSRuLE
                • Dec 2003

I've only been to 3 Bills games, cuz I'm still pretty young. All the games were at the Ralph. Went to the Philly game last year, the Miami game this year and a Tennessee and another Miami game a few years ago.

I was gonna goto the Baltimore game this year, but I had school the next day.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                  • Jul 2002

Giants Stadium 5 times. 4 against the Jets, 1 against the Giants.

Comment

• pcnorth22
                    • Mar 2003

against Oakland this year...

hopefully against SF on Dec. 26th...decided to stick around here for Christmas...hopefully scalped prices will be crazy low for that game...

last home game I went to was Kelly's last against Jacksonville...

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

So far, I've been to two if you count preseason...last year in Baltimore. As for regular season, I went back to Baltimore last month and will also be heading out to Seattle Thanksgiving weekend
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

Miami this year will be my first away game. I can't wait. There are going to be more Bills fans there than fins fans.

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

Ive seen the Bills each time they've come to Atlanta since the Falcons first drafted Deion Sanders.

I've also have seen the Bills in Foxboro twice, once in Arizona, once in San Diego, once in Tampa and once in Nashville. I should have seen a Jax/Bills game last year, but something broke down with that set up. I'll probably make it to the Bills at Carolina the next time they play, and wouldn't mind hitting KC, NY and Baltimore for a game.

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
                            Baltimore for a game.
                            You missed that last month
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                            X