PDA

View Full Version : WHEN Jerry Grey gets fired.....

BillC
11-15-2002, 02:32 PM
Who do you want to replace him?

I looked at some coaches on the hot seat this season who might be looking for work in 2003.

Dick LeBeau has cobbled together a decent defense considering the complete lack of rescources the Bengals have.

I know Chicago is struggling, but i think Jauron is safe for another year. I wouldn't mind him in here either if they decide to cut him loose.

BillC
11-15-2002, 02:36 PM
...and Jauron was a DB coach here in Buffalo in 1985.

I did notice that Chuck Bullough is his LB coach.

Hey EE, isn't he Hank's boy? His Bio shows he was raised in Orchard Park where he played HS football.

Earthquake Enyart
11-15-2002, 02:59 PM
1. Jauron is not safe. He will be waxed at the end of the season.

2. I do remember Hank having a kid or kids that played LB. Hope he takes after his mother.

TacklingDummy
11-15-2002, 06:13 PM
As much as I hate to say it we should bring Wade back.

Wade did 4 things wrong in Buffalo.....

1) Didn't wear a headset
2) Saying we were out of the playoff hunt on MNF against Indy.
3) Let Ralph Wilson step in and made him start Johnson.
4) His replay challenges were not much better then GW's.

His overall record in Buffalo was pretty good. And the Defense always played well. Im glad Wade got a chance in Atlanta. He got a bum rap here in Buffalo.

The_Philster
11-15-2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by TacklingDummy
As much as I hate to say it we should bring Wade back.

Wade did 4 things wrong in Buffalo.....

1) Didn't wear a headset
2) Saying we were out of the playoff hunt on MNF against Indy.
3) Let Ralph Wilson step in and LET him start Johnson.
4) His replay challenges were not much better then GW's.

His overall record in Buffalo was pretty good. And the Defense always played well. Im glad Wade got a chance in Atlanta. He got a bum rap here in Buffalo.

He was wishy-washy on the whole QB thing the whole time.

Buffarama
11-15-2002, 06:56 PM
I guarantee you, on both sides of the issue, Wade will never come back to Buffalo.

losman2evans
11-15-2002, 07:35 PM
haslett-wishful thinking
dungy-wishful thinking
cotrell-wishful thinking
fisher-wishful thinking
marvin lewis
cowher
herman edwards

if any are fired?

TacklingDummy
11-15-2002, 07:46 PM
Cowher?? You must be smoking crack. TD lost his job in Pitts. because of power struggles with Cowher. Plus theres no way he will be getting fired in Pitts.

Herman Edwards: No thanks
Lewis: No thanks

ublinkwescore
11-15-2002, 11:15 PM
Marvin Lewis did state that he wanted to leave Washington after this season - I'd say we bring him in for a look at least, let him get a look at the team we'll be fielding, let him have a lot of weight in this year's draft - if and ONLY if our offense ever wakes up again (our recent RZ performance has been crappy and almost suspect). I do miss Ted Cottrell though - if he would have been willing to part with Cowart. I know Cowart is playing good ball right now, but for how long will he be playing like this - I know he's in the middle of what should be his prime, but he probably won't stay healthy for the rest of the season.

Earthquake Enyart
11-16-2002, 04:50 AM
Marvin Lewis could have had the Bills job, but he didn't want to move to Buffalo. He heard rumors of the Batavia move, and didn't like it one bit.

losman2evans
11-16-2002, 09:33 AM
no crack here

I guess I never understood that the reason TD left was due to the power struggle between him and Cowher. All the names listed are better defensive coordinators then Gray. Gray is a good db coach but was not ready to be a defensive coordinator.

Mr. Miyagi
11-16-2002, 09:49 AM
Cowher won't lose his HC job in Pitt, first of all.
Wade? No thanks. I hate Fat Wade.
Lewis would want to be a HC somewhere.
Edwards will keep his job in NYC too.
Knowing GW, he'd lobby for another guy from Tennessee.
Knowing TD, he'd bring another guy in from Pittsburgh.

Jim Mora Sr? :laughter: NOT!!!

losman2evans
11-16-2002, 09:52 AM
The article is who do you want to replace him with- not who do you think they will replace him with : )

TypicalBill
11-16-2002, 01:09 PM
what about lovie smith from the rams??

Dozerdog
11-16-2002, 01:23 PM
I think we are looking for viable candidates that

1) Aren't Defensive coordinators already
2) Either got fired, or are looking for promotion

No succesful DC under contract is going to move laterally. The NFL does not allow it. It needs to be an assistant looking for a promotion, or a Head coach that got canned (like Wade Phillips this year with Atl) going back to a DC job in which he was previously succesful.

Typ0
11-16-2002, 01:57 PM
Since when is Cowart playing well? He had one good game againsts the Fins (Ricky Williams spy) the rest has been a bust. He better step it up every week before we declare him as playing so well.

Marvin Lewis could have had the Bills job, but he didn't want to move to Buffalo. He heard rumors of the Batavia move, and didn't like it one bit.

Now that's funny.

RedEyE
11-16-2002, 04:31 PM
Highly Feesible:

I think that TD should attempt to lure Mike Archer , the linebacker coach from the Pittsburgh Steelers. He has proven year after year that he is capable of establishing a winning team, and has a remarkable knack of turning ordinary players into Pro-Bowlers.

His bio:

http://www.steelers.com/team/general.cfm?cont_id=50197

TD hired him for the Steelers ~ maybe he can lure him to Buffalo.

.... here is a little teaser that proves that he is worth more then a look:

"....He graduated from Miami in 1975 and began his coaching career as a graduate assistant for the Hurricanes in 1976, serving under Lou Saban from 1977-78."

Dozerdog
11-16-2002, 04:35 PM
I like that, Red!

Wasn't Haslett once the Pittsburgh LB's coach?

RedEyE
11-16-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
I like that, Red!

Wasn't Haslett once the Pittsburgh LB's coach?

Defensive Coordianator and ironically enough Haslett was hired a year after Archer was hired. This guy is more then ready to take on a professional defense of his own.