PDA

View Full Version : Define a true fan

northernbillfan
11-11-2004, 01:14 PM
In the thread that asks about the most useless Bill, someone was saying that you can't be a true fan if you don't know the entire roster.

I find that a slight to the fans who root for the team and can't remember names and roles.

To me a true fan is anyone who is still cheering for the team, especially after these past couple of years of disappointment.

Cntrygal
11-11-2004, 01:18 PM
In the thread that asks about the most useless Bill, someone was saying that you can't be a true fan if you don't know the entire roster.

I find that a slight to the fans who root for the team and can't remember names and roles.

To me a true fan is anyone who is still cheering for the team, especially after these past couple of years of disappointment.

I agree with ya nbf!

LtBillsFan66
11-11-2004, 01:19 PM
I've learned that fans come in all shapes, sizes and knowledge.

Pride
11-11-2004, 01:21 PM
I think anyone who questions the devotion of another fan is full of ****.

There are many different levels of being a fan.

I, for one, do not have the roster memorized. I have the first 40+ memorized, but I could care less who is on the practice squad. I think that **** is for stats junkies. People who feel that knowing the names, numbers, weight, height, 40 time, favorite color, and middle names of a 6th string DB make you a better fan, are usually the same ones who don't fully understand the game of football.

I spend more time analyzing what is going on the field, between starters.

Also, you cannot guage this, simply by the fact fans like me live in central PA. We do not have the bills on TV, unless we see them on satellite. And even then, it is just the game, and no post game interviews, no post game analysis, and no weekly updates (minus billszone).

To me a fan is someone who follows there team (no matter how strongly) week in and week out. If my wife (if I were married) knew whether or not the bills won the previous week, even if she didnt know who they played... I would consider her a fan!

juice
11-11-2004, 01:26 PM

To me a true fan is anyone who is still cheering for the team, especially after these past couple of years of disappointment.A True fan doesn't turn on the teams starting QB at 0-3 when there is no player on the active roster that gives the team a better chance to win.

Forward_Lateral
11-11-2004, 01:30 PM
A true fan? Any fan that remains a fan of their team after it loses 4 straight superbowls. How's that for a definition?

pcnorth22
11-11-2004, 01:32 PM
someone who wakes their ass up at 8:30 on a Sunday to shower...then drive through San Francisco city traffic, and struggle for 45 minutes to find parking so he can watch the game with other Bills fans...and drink bloody mary's...

or...

someone who thinks that the day the Bills win the Superbowl will probably rank up there with weddings and kids being born as the happiest days of their life

Bills 4 life
11-11-2004, 01:34 PM
IF YOU NEVER HEARD OF JON DORENBOS...U.....R.....NOT.....A DIE HARD BILLS FAN...PERIOD.

THE GUY HAS BEEN ON THE TEAM A FEW YEARS NOW..C'MON.

carybillsfan
11-11-2004, 01:40 PM
IF YOU NEVER HEARD OF JON DORENBOS...U.....R.....NOT.....A DIE HARD BILLS FAN...PERIOD.

I disagree, although I could probably rattle off the entire teams lineup and probably most players since the mid 80's. I don't think you have to know everyone's name to be a die hard fan. My wife gets just as worked up as I do but she probably doesn't know who's on ST.

I think the stupidest thing is when fans of a a team who argue over who is a the biggest fan. Give me a break, we're all in it together.

imbondz
11-11-2004, 01:42 PM
what's ST?

carybillsfan
11-11-2004, 01:48 PM
what's ST?

Special Teams

Jayhawk
11-11-2004, 01:51 PM
a fan is a person that will go to a game in december take their shirt off when it's bellow 20.

Bills 4 life
11-11-2004, 01:59 PM
OK.OK.OK.

I APOLOGIZE TO ANYONE I OFFENDED. US BILLS FANS HAVE TO STICK TOGETHER. WE'RE ALL WE GOT! :)

Gunzlingr
11-11-2004, 02:04 PM

I have his autograph :couch:

Damn I miss B-gal :sadwalk:

northernbillfan
11-11-2004, 02:15 PM
OK.OK.OK.

I APOLOGIZE TO ANYONE I OFFENDED. US BILLS FANS HAVE TO STICK TOGETHER. WE'RE ALL WE GOT! :)
I don't think you offended anyone, I just wanted to point out that true fans come in all shapes, sizes and levels of knowledge.

THATHURMANATOR
11-11-2004, 02:38 PM

I agree.

Kolbiss
11-11-2004, 02:42 PM
I live in Coeurdalene Idaho. I flew over to watch the Bills play the Dolphins with Alex Van Pelt playing QB, in GW's first year as head coach at the tail end of a 3-13 season, and Eric Moulds as the only real noteable player, just to watch the Bills give that game to the fish at the end........And I loved it!!! One of the best days ever. :jam:

did I mention I am one of probably 12 Bills fans in the whole state!!! :D

TedMock
11-11-2004, 02:52 PM
I've learned that fans come in all shapes, sizes.

Especially in towns like Buffalo! Those chicken wings sure do get the best of a lot of us.

Iehoshua
11-11-2004, 02:53 PM
I say, on top of all the things said here, someone who attends at least one game in Buffalo can be defined a true fan.

finsrclowns
11-11-2004, 02:56 PM
OK.OK.OK.

Good point. Now will you stop shouting?

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-11-2004, 03:08 PM
A true fan in my book is one that wants the Bills to win. The same person that will give me a high five when the Bills score.

Jeff1220
11-11-2004, 07:52 PM
A true fan in my book is one that wants the Bills to win. The same person that will give me a high five when the Bills score.

Good assessment!

Pride
11-11-2004, 08:11 PM
I say, on top of all the things said here, someone who attends at least one game in Buffalo can be defined a true fan.
What about Typical Bill? He is in Kuwait, has never been to a bills game. Is he not a true fan?

northernbillfan
11-11-2004, 08:18 PM
There is also a legion of Bills fans in Italy who haven't made it yet.

I also met one from Australia. We have Fabulous Paul who hails from South America somewhere.

Lunatic lives in Halifax. Several of the Bills fans I know in Edmonton have never been. Heck most of the football fans here haven't been to an NFL game at all.

SABURZFAN
11-12-2004, 06:18 AM
What about Typical Bill? He is in Kuwait, has never been to a bills game. Is he not a true fan?

what happened to TB?he hasn't been on in a while.i miss my Kuwaiti buddy. :sad:

SABURZFAN
11-12-2004, 06:21 AM

:hi5:

alohabillsfan
11-12-2004, 07:05 AM
Anyone willing to show up at Joe Robbie Stadium and route for the hometown dolphins right now is A TRUE FAN! Also any season ticket holder for the Bengals or Cardinals would also be characterized as a true FAN!

chernobylwraiths
11-12-2004, 07:25 AM
Most of the people in here (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=59298) are true fans. :snicker: