PDA

View Full Version : Key to Sunday Nights game

THATHURMANATOR
11-11-2004, 04:39 PM
We need to establish a running game early and we will have a chance. I know that NEs secondary is banged up but we need to run the ball.

Drive 4 Five
11-11-2004, 06:23 PM
This Bills must continue to play the same style of offense that has earned them 3 of the last 4 games. Set up the passing game with the power running game. Control the clock. Efficiency on offense...meaning no turnovers. Take what is given. The special teams and defense will put the offense in positions to succeed.

Easier said than done. You must be able to capitalize on those opportunities when they arise. Willis McGahee was the missing piece. We are no longer a one dimensional team. Before, we were unable able to run against a defense keying on the run, meaning that we could not protect a lead, forcing the offense to put the game in the hands of Bledsoe and the passing game which has demonstrated to be a risky proposition.

Previously, defending the Bills offense was quite simple. All teams had to do was concentrate the rush on the middle. The Bills lacked the speed to break runs to the outside. This exposed Bledsoe's immobility more than ever. The pressure was tremendous. No longer....

Defensively, the Bills are in great position in this game. The Patriots will rely heavily on the running game with their depleted recieving corp. This plays to the strength of our defense. The best way to attack our defense is to spread the field, forcing us to put our young defensive backs on the field where a very smart quarterback like Brady can take advantage of their inexperience. When we can play our base packages and have our best players on the field, teams are in big trouble.

Keeping this in mind, expect the Bills to really come after Tom Brady like the Steelers did. That spells bad news for Brady and company. Personally, I would have loved for the Patriots to be playing at full strength, but we'll take it any way we can get it. I love the Bills chances right now.

THATHURMANATOR
11-11-2004, 06:58 PM
I concur.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-11-2004, 09:12 PM
This Bills must continue to play the same style of offense that has earned them 3 of the last 4 games. Set up the passing game with the power running game. Control the clock. Efficiency on offense...meaning no turnovers. Take what is given. The special teams and defense will put the offense in positions to succeed.

Easier said than done. You must be able to capitalize on those opportunities when they arise. Willis McGahee was the missing piece. We are no longer a one dimensional team. Before, we were unable able to run against a defense keying on the run, meaning that we could not protect a lead, forcing the offense to put the game in the hands of Bledsoe and the passing game which has demonstrated to be a risky proposition.

Previously, defending the Bills offense was quite simple. All teams had to do was concentrate the rush on the middle. The Bills lacked the speed to break runs to the outside. This exposed Bledsoe's immobility more than ever. The pressure was tremendous. No longer....

Defensively, the Bills are in great position in this game. The Patriots will rely heavily on the running game with their depleted recieving corp. This plays to the strength of our defense. The best way to attack our defense is to spread the field, forcing us to put our young defensive backs on the field where a very smart quarterback like Brady can take advantage of their inexperience. When we can play our base packages and have our best players on the field, teams are in big trouble.

Keeping this in mind, expect the Bills to really come after Tom Brady like the Steelers did. That spells bad news for Brady and company. Personally, I would have loved for the Patriots to be playing at full strength, but we'll take it any way we can get it. I love the Bills chances right now.

That's what I've been trying to say all along I agree with you 100% :up: :clap: :jam: great post :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: (five stars)

Patti120
11-11-2004, 10:08 PM
Great post Fan atic, if we can do what everyone else is expecting us to try to do (run the ball) then it will be a huge sign that this team has turned the corner.

Billz_fan
11-11-2004, 10:15 PM
The key to this game for the Bills is mistakes. If the Bills turn the ball over or get alot of dumb penaltys they are doomed.

The need to establish the run and Drew has to manage the game in a way that minimizes offensive errors. If he plays as he did the last 2 games we got a good shot.

Stay out of 3rd and long !

I gotta be honest though I don't feel good about this game simply because it's a road game and a prime time game. This team has peformed poorly during prime time on the road :/

helmetguy
11-12-2004, 07:19 AM
Key to the Game?

SCORE MORE THAN THEY DO!!!!!

alohabillsfan
11-12-2004, 07:37 AM
I believe we are in prime position for the upset, yes we have not performed well on the road or in prime time but when was the last time we were in prime time? This could be the stage for the Willis break out of 200+ yards?

(1) The key is we cannot afford to fall behind early.

(2) We need to methodically ram it down their throats on offense, additionally; I hope we have a couple of plays to defeat the inpending NE up the middle blitz! (I would like to see some kind of quick pitch to Willis, since we seem to struggle with the screen play)

(3) We need to put intense pressure on Brady, give him time and he will pick us apart, Blitz, then Blitz again and the throw the kitchen sink blitz at him!!! I want to see Brady pay every time he drops back and for Gods sake DB's do not lay off for 10-15 yards get up tight!

Well thats it sound simple enough!

don137
11-12-2004, 10:28 AM
You know what I would like to see in the game is to bring in Henry and McGahee and then have McGahee go in motion and line up as a receiver thus creating a linebacker to cover McGahee. I loved it when Thomas lined up in the slot and a linebacker had to cober him..

carybillsfan
11-12-2004, 10:35 AM
This game is gonna be all about big plays. Nickel and dime stuff will get you yardage but not points. We need Evans to be huge downfield, McGahee to rip off some those 10+ yd runs. And hope our D can get a couple of TO's. If we can rattle Brady early maybe get a pick, or a few sacks we will win this game.

FlyingElvis
11-12-2004, 10:39 AM
I believe we are in prime position for the upset, yes we have not performed well on the road or in prime time but when was the last time we were in prime time? This could be the stage for the Willis break out of 200+ yards?

(1) The key is we cannot afford to fall behind early.

(2) We need to methodically ram it down their throats on offense, additionally; I hope we have a couple of plays to defeat the inpending NE up the middle blitz! (I would like to see some kind of quick pitch to Willis, since we seem to struggle with the screen play)

(3) We need to put intense pressure on Brady, give him time and he will pick us apart, Blitz, then Blitz again and the throw the kitchen sink blitz at him!!! I want to see Brady pay every time he drops back and for Gods sake DB's do not lay off for 10-15 yards get up tight!

Well thats it sound simple enough!Brady kills the blitz. You are better off dropping guys into coverage.

Drive 4 Five
11-12-2004, 03:03 PM
You know what I would like to see in the game is to bring in Henry and McGahee and then have McGahee go in motion and line up as a receiver thus creating a linebacker to cover McGahee. I loved it when Thomas lined up in the slot and a linebacker had to cober him..

:jam:

Better yet, how about a package with McGahee & Henry each flanking Shelton, add in two tight-ends...

Wasn't that what Marv called the "Ace" back in the day?

justasportsfan
11-12-2004, 03:19 PM
That's what I've been trying to say all along I agree with you 100% :up: :clap: :jam: great post :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: (five stars)He forgot to say..... pay the refs :tongue:

Mad Bomber
11-12-2004, 06:15 PM

:bf1:

finsrclowns
11-12-2004, 06:29 PM
I hate to put any extra pressure on him, but I think we'll be able to tell a lot about our new coach after this game.

I remember thinking last year going into the Chiefs game which was a Sunday nighter that it was do or die for Gregg Williams and it was die. I had pretty much written off GW/Killdrive 2 weeks earlier when they laid an egg preparing for the Jets in the Meadowlands, but at 4-3 the team was still alive. Only they never showed up. Nobody on either side of the ball played well. It was sickening and embarrassing.

Now the Chiefs were a tough opponent at Arrowhead last year, but were they any tougher than NE this year which hasn't lost a home game in over a season and a half? The difference? GW and KG were assclowns. On the other hand I think Mularkey is going to be good. If the team responds well this week and pulls off the upset, this could be the beginning of a very exciting ride. I concede NOTHING to NE. Let's go in there and rip there freakin' heads off! :pissed:

Drive 4 Five
11-12-2004, 08:58 PM
I hate to put any extra pressure on him, but I think we'll be able to tell a lot about our new coach after this game.

I remember thinking last year going into the Chiefs game which was a Sunday nighter that it was do or die for Gregg Williams and it was die. I had pretty much written off GW/Killdrive 2 weeks earlier when they laid an egg preparing for the Jets in the Meadowlands, but at 4-3 the team was still alive. Only they never showed up. Nobody on either side of the ball played well. It was sickening and embarrassing.

Now the Chiefs were a tough opponent at Arrowhead last year, but were they any tougher than NE this year which hasn't lost a home game in over a season and a half? The difference? GW and KG were assclowns. On the other hand I think Mularkey is going to be good. If the team responds well this week and pulls off the upset, this could be the beginning of a very exciting ride. I concede NOTHING to NE. Let's go in there and rip there freakin' heads off! :pissed:

That's what I'm talking about bro! :punk: