PDA

View Full Version : Saban says he's not interested in the Dolphins job

DraftBoy
11-11-2004, 06:16 PM
BATON ROUGE, La. -- In a statement released hours after Miami Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt announced his resignation, LSU head football coach Nick Saban said Tuesday he is not interested in changing jobs....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1919424

:jam:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-11-2004, 06:41 PM
The Bears wanted him before they chose Lovey Smith as the're head coach and he turned them down and the Bears we're offering more than LSU was.

TigerJ
11-11-2004, 06:41 PM
Jim Hofher. He's be a great match for Miami. I know his team has won only a total of three gamse over the last three seasons, but this would be a great match. I'm sure Jim could continue his outstanding work in the pros.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-11-2004, 06:46 PM
How about Paul Pasqualoni he may be looking for a new job very soon if Syracuse doesn't beat Temple this weekend or BC next weekend

OpIv37
11-11-2004, 07:32 PM
I'm not surprised that the Dolphins are having a hard time finding a
candidate. It's going to take at least this season and next for them to start clawing their way back up- I don't think anyone wants to touch it right now. Maybe they should give Spurrier more thought- his stint in Washington was so bad that the only way he'll ever get back into the NFL is by default.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-11-2004, 07:41 PM
I hate to say this but I think the Dolphins want Weiss from the Pats

nodnarb
11-11-2004, 08:08 PM
saban and belichick are great friends. the last thing the billls needed was

a. a stronger AFC East by virtue of coaching (Herm Edwards has never impressed me...they will falter, as usual.)
b. saban and belichick in cahoots, strategizing on the phone as they look at film simultaneously over netMeeting.
c. another sharp strategist in the division

go spurrier.

Michael82
11-11-2004, 09:26 PM
There's a big problem with the Dolphins job. The salary cap and the age of the defense is starting to get to the Dolphins. Whoever takes over that team is going to need to build an offense and squeeze a couple years out of their old defense as they rebuild that.

UCFWithdrew
11-11-2004, 10:35 PM
His was the standard, "I cant say I am interested because its the middle of the season" Speach. About a month ago he showed interest in another coaching job in an interview. We will see what happens after the season.

Tatonka
11-11-2004, 10:41 PM
why would any coach want the dolphins job.. the defense is old, slow and overpaid.. the offense has zero talent other than chambers.. mcmichael will get the hell out of there..

are you kidding me?

seriously.. whatever coach take the job is going to be under such ridiculous expectations to win.. most people realize that you cant turn chicken **** into chicken salad.

generalmills
11-11-2004, 11:48 PM
I hate to say it but I thinking it will be one of the New England coordinators. From Miami's persepective they both have superbowl rings and have worked under one of the best...it also takes one of the legs out from under their divisional rival whom they can take advantage of 2 times a year. (just another log to throw on the fire)

Tatonka
11-12-2004, 08:20 AM
why would a NE cordinator take that job? they are living the life of kings in NE right now.. they get paid more than some head coaches..

i am certainly not convinced that either of them would jump at the miami job.. you are destined to fail in that place.. they just have too much to rebuild.

CajunBillsBacker
11-12-2004, 08:42 AM
His was the standard, "I cant say I am interested because its the middle of the season" Speach. About a month ago he showed interest in another coaching job in an interview. We will see what happens after the season.

Why is it, year after year, everytime Saban says he's happy at LSU and is not going to the NFL, people don't believe him? It's happened for the past 5 years now, and it's always been the same result, why will this go around be any different?

DraftBoy
11-12-2004, 11:18 AM
the offense has zero talent other than chambers.. mcmichael will get the hell out of there..

Boston, McMicheal, Chambers, Booker....Granted I dont know their contract status and if they are up in a year or two then the Phins are in trouble but Im pretty sure Chambers, and Boston are locked up for 2-3 more years. Either way the offense has talent just alot of holes to fill.

Tatonka
11-12-2004, 11:26 AM
Boston, McMicheal, Chambers, Booker....Granted I dont know their contract status and if they are up in a year or two then the Phins are in trouble but Im pretty sure Chambers, and Boston are locked up for 2-3 more years. Either way the offense has talent just alot of holes to fill.

booker is old and nothing special.. chambers is sweet but not dominating.. boston is a total piece of crap who cant stay healthy, and beats up old men in airports in his spare time.. a total waste of talent... mcmichael is a FA after this season and there is no way he goes back..

and they have no qb at all to throw the ball anyways... none..

and their running backs? yeah.. the morris/minor/henry/gordon/white guy from chicago - 5 headed monster just strikes fear into everyone.

the fish are in serious trouble.. the suck worse than anyone in the league.

DraftBoy
11-12-2004, 11:31 AM
booker is old and nothing special.. chambers is sweet but not dominating.. boston is a total piece of crap who cant stay healthy, and beats up old men in airports in his spare time.. a total waste of talent... mcmichael is a FA after this season and there is no way he goes back..

and they have no qb at all to throw the ball anyways... none..

and their running backs? yeah.. the morris/minor/henry/gordon/white guy from chicago - 5 headed monster just strikes fear into everyone.

the fish are in serious trouble.. the suck worse than anyone in the league.

Chicago has..............

My point is they got plenty of talent just bad holes (QB and HB) and bad coaching....The right coach could come in here and have them playing .500 ball next season for sure. You give them to little credit.

dolfan25
11-15-2004, 10:12 AM
I read this thread last week and found it quite humorous as to how some Bills fans regard the Fins job. I think there is bias on both sides. As a Fins fan I see the Fins job as one of the premiere jobs in the league. Again of course I am bias as I said before.

What's funny to me is that some people look at the talent that is on the Fins and say why would you want to take a job there. To me that is exactly one of the reasons a guy would take the job. I don't think that there is any doubt that to take a HC job in the NFL you have to have a pretty good ego and believe you could turn anything around.

I'll cut it short but basically this link says it all.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/10183782.htm