PDA

View Full Version : Bills- a Relocation Candidate

justasportsfan
11-12-2004, 09:45 AM
-- Add the Buffalo Bills to the short list of teams being mentioned as relocation candidates for Los Angeles. They join the Vikings and the Saints. Scratch the Colts, who, league sources say, are close to getting a deal done with the city of Indianapolis for a retractable-roof stadium near its current downtown home, the RCA Dome.

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/sports/10161537.htm

Jayhawk
11-12-2004, 10:07 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Patrick76777
11-12-2004, 10:17 AM
-- Add the Buffalo Bills to the short list of teams being mentioned as relocation candidates for Los Angeles. They join the Vikings and the Saints. Scratch the Colts, who, league sources say, are close to getting a deal done with the city of Indianapolis for a retractable-roof stadium near its current downtown home, the RCA Dome.

What a load! Did this guy just make this up out of thin air? It's crap!

Get the Saints out there now so I don't have to hear this crap anymore! Either that or ship the Chargers up the coast line!

FlyingElvis
11-12-2004, 10:31 AM
I find this hard to believe. The Bills have a solid fanbase. Although most of these relocations are due to bad stadium situations, isn't the Ralph all spruced up with the necessary luxury boxes? Does the Ralph own the Ralph? If not, whats the lease deal? Minnesota has the Vikings locked down to 2011, so I doubt it will be them. I'm betting on NO. They don't want to put up the money for a new stadium.

Mr. Miyagi
11-12-2004, 10:32 AM
No way we'd be relocated. If LA wants a team, they either have a new team or they move the lowly Cardinals, which hasn't had a game sold out in YEARS.

FlyingElvis
11-12-2004, 10:35 AM
No way we'd be relocated. If LA wants a team, they either have a new team or they move the lowly Cardinals, which hasn't had a game sold out in YEARS.Arizona is building a new stadium for the Cardinals. They aren't going anywhere. And the NFL wants to move an existing team, not create a new franchise.

generalmills
11-12-2004, 10:53 AM
I so sick of hearing about this type of stuff...new relocation rumours pop up once every couple of weeks... there is no point on getting worked up about it...we fill the stadium week after week (even when the team is not performing) From a fan perspective thats all we can do! Also Ralph is not a villian, he himself is very loyal to the city of buffalo and its western New York fanbase...His love for the team and this community should not be questioned...lets give the man that provided us years of devotion and loyalty some credit! (who's to say that he has not worked something out with his kids that will keep the bills in buffalo after his death?) the bills are not a small business like a small corner store. Ralph and his advisors have probably already decided what will be done with the bills and we have nothing that tells us that the bills will be leaving. This is Ralph Wilson we are talking about (one of the good guys) not Art Model!!! :jam:

G. Host
11-12-2004, 11:22 AM
Talk about it after Ralph dies; Ralph is not moving the team.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
11-12-2004, 02:25 PM
I say move the Jets or the Giants...they have to share a freakin stadium for cripes sake. What real team doesn't have their own stadium?

How Gay.

Jayhawk
11-12-2004, 02:31 PM
the NFL has such a hard on about LA

Forward_Lateral
11-12-2004, 02:55 PM
I will hang myself if this happens.

Typ0
11-12-2004, 03:20 PM
JETS are trying to get a stadium in the Bronx I believe.

justasportsfan
11-12-2004, 03:23 PM
No way we'd be relocated. If LA wants a team, they either have a new team or they move the lowly Cardinals, which hasn't had a game sold out in YEARS.I say Miami. finfans don't show up in their own games. They sell out because of opposing teams outnumbering finfans :dance:

Jan Reimers
11-12-2004, 03:27 PM
The Bills will remain in Buffalo at least as long as Ralph is on the right side of the grass.

Mr. Cynical
11-12-2004, 05:38 PM
JETS are trying to get a stadium in the Bronx I believe.Actually the proposal is for the west side (midtown) of Manhattan, along the Hudson river (facing NJ). Major political battle going on, i.e., the people against it are saying it will cost the city $400M without any benefits to the city (jobs, economy, etc.) and that that money should be spent elsewhere. The Jets and other proponents say that is BS, that the new city stadium will help jobs and create more revenue for the city.

I live on the west side and am all for it. Be kinda cool to be that close to a stadium, even if it is the Jets.

As for LA, my bet is the Aints.

RedEyE
11-12-2004, 05:53 PM
There would be a large riot and a work embargo in Buffalo if they move the Bills.

Dozerdog
11-12-2004, 07:39 PM
Saints, maybe the Chargers, Bills (if Ralph dies)

PUCKER
11-12-2004, 10:32 PM
Please let this just be a rumor! We are NOT moving!!!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-12-2004, 10:44 PM

Paaalllleeeesssseee!!! this is a Philly news :roflmao: they don't know what the're talking about the BILLS will be here for a long time we the 12th man won't let them leave and they'll be around even after Ralph Wilson passes away :dead:

clumping platelets
11-12-2004, 10:47 PM
Bills can leave right now through an out clause in the lease. After every season, the buyout decreases by $2 million and stands at $18 million. The buyout doubles if the team is sold, but if someone has $700 million (approx.) to buy the team, another $36 million (or less after every season) will not necessarily be cost-prohibitive :(

That's the bad news

Good news.....as long as the support continues to be strong....the Bills will not leave as long as Ralph is still alive or even after he's gone. The lease does state, I believe, that all efforts to find new owners that will keep the team here be exhausted before a new owner that would move the team be accepted.

Another positive is that money continues to be spent on improving the stadium, so hopefully this bodes well of all of us

:pray:

Demon
11-12-2004, 10:54 PM
Let's face reality. Bills have a solid fan base, but arn't our tickets one of the cheapest in the NFL?

When Ralph Wilson dies, he gives the entire team to his doughter, who has stated she has no interest in keeping it. What will she do? Who knows?

Sell it to a local buisnessman or sell it to the biggest offer?

If she's in it for the money, the biggest offer will definetly come from out of State thats for sure.

This is no "suprise" and local media has been talking about this kind of possibility for years so it's not just a "Philly reporter" making things up.

Ralph is not in the best health. We just need to pray for the best.

Cntrygal
11-13-2004, 10:11 AM
Where did you hear his daughter isn't interested in keeping the Bills?

Demon
11-13-2004, 10:14 AM
Where did you hear his daughter isn't interested in keeping the Bills?

It's been reported all the time by local media. WGR, WNSA (back when) and Buffalo News all had stories or some sort stating she won't keep the team and will sell it.

Michael82
11-13-2004, 10:16 AM
Bills can leave right now through an out clause in the lease. After every season, the buyout decreases by $2 million and stands at $18 million. The buyout doubles if the team is sold, but if someone has $700 million (approx.) to buy the team, another $36 million (or less after every season) will not necessarily be cost-prohibitive :(

That's the bad news

Good news.....as long as the support continues to be strong....the Bills will not leave as long as Ralph is still alive or even after he's gone. The lease does state, I believe, that all efforts to find new owners that will keep the team here be exhausted before a new owner that would move the team be accepted.

Another positive is that money continues to be spent on improving the stadium, so hopefully this bodes well of all of us

:pray:
Yeah, how about the new unprecedented youth football field? :up:

Charlieguide
11-13-2004, 10:42 AM
We've talked about this before . . . but it's always worth bringing up.

Don't forget Jacksonville. Even though they're a new team, and they've not been terrible, they have a real problem selling out. I recently heard something like they've failed so sell out 13 of their last 18 home games. This is a legitimate team! If a team can't sell tickets when they have a decent record, it's time to consider a move.

On Buffaol, don't worry about where an offer to buy the Bills comes from. If someone has $200million to spend, they aren't concerned about moving their investment, they're concerned about making money on it, or possibly just enjoying it. So if the Bills keep selling tickets, why would any investor move?

Also along the lines of investment: why does the NFL want to go back to LA??? Granted, it's one of the biggest TV markets in the nation, but they had TWO teams their a decade ago, and both left!!!! I contend that LA is not a football town: of all American cities, it is the least blue-collar, and the most ritzy. That's not where NFL fans come from.

chernobylwraiths
11-13-2004, 11:04 AM
I always heard that it is stipulated in Ralph's will that the team will be sold upon his death, not passed on to his daughter. And, like another poster said, there is to be every effort to keep the team here in Buffalo. There are plenty of rich people in this area. Tom Golisano included.

Michael82
11-13-2004, 11:34 AM
I always heard that it is stipulated in Ralph's will that the team will be sold upon his death, not passed on to his daughter. And, like another poster said, there is to be every effort to keep the team here in Buffalo. There are plenty of rich people in this area. Tom Golisano included.
I will say this though....when Ralph dies and if Golisano is interested...be prepared to kiss the Sabres goodbye in order to keep the Buffalo Bills in Buffalo. If this happens...I say....

:bigwave: Sabres

Demon
11-14-2004, 02:49 AM
I will say this though....when Ralph dies and if Golisano is interested...be prepared to kiss the Sabres goodbye in order to keep the Buffalo Bills in Buffalo. If this happens...I say....

:bigwave: Sabres

I honestly don't think Golisano would sell the Sabres to keep the Bills. Assuming there is a new CBA agreement in place of course.

Golisano is a rich and smart buisnessman, he's not a god.

colin
11-14-2004, 04:24 AM
see, i know LA is a huge market, but the TV contract is very well divided, so a team makes money on how it can sell its brand (merchandise and what not), which will be good for LA for sure, certainly stronger than the Bills in Blo, and how it can fill the gate, which LA has failed at twice. I could see buying the ain'ts and moving them, because naw'lins is a hell hole and hard to make money in, but why would you spend more on the bills and throw away a very big strength?

also, i think the clevend situation was very bad for the NFL, and they basically HAD to jump to get in a new team for them, so I don't think they want to hear the ill will that might come from a football happy town like Blo. New Orleans really isn't a big pro sports city, especially for an NFL team.