PDA

View Full Version : Patriots Piss me off!

Patrick76777
11-12-2004, 10:44 AM
Now let me just say that I’m NOT saying that this team is NOT Good! They are good. They’re very good. Not to mention well coached. But still and all, you can’t win 21 games in a row unless you are DAMN LUCKY.

They might be the luckiest team in the history of the league! I get so sick of watching their games because you just know that at the end of the game something is going to happen or the ball will bounce their way and they’ll win! Every time!

When is this luck going to run out????

TedMock
11-12-2004, 11:01 AM
As you said, they're well coached. They're also well disciplined. I can totally understand your point. I don't believe in luck, though. They catch breaks and lucky bounces because they are in the right positions. The more guys you have playing disciplined football, and getting around the ball, the more "luck" you have. Having said that, I still hate them. I hope to god that they sleep on us a little and that we pull off the upset of the year on national TV! We win Sunday night, our confidence goes even higher (although it's pretty good right now) and I really believe that we end up with one heck of a 2nd half of the 2004 season.

Mr. Miyagi
11-12-2004, 11:33 AM
It also helps when they have the refs on payroll, hence "The Tuck".

FlyingElvis
11-12-2004, 11:34 AM
I don't believe in luck, though. They catch breaks and lucky bounces because they are in the right positions. The more guys you have playing disciplined football, and getting around the ball, the more "luck" you have. Well said. Luck has nothing to do with it. It just looks like luck unless you understand what makes this team tick.

I have been going to training camp several sessions a year now. Why? Its amazing to see what these guys work on. Everyone was laughing at Belichick for using Troy Brown in preseason as an extra DB. What is he thinking? It makes no sense right? Well, the Pats have both starting corners go down and then Samuel goes down early in the Rams game. Troy Brown comes in and MAKES PLAYS.

Same thing with Mike Vrabel, a LB, making an acrobatic TD catch in the same game. Someone asked Belichick how a LB can make that catch. "Because we discovered in camp that he has soft hands." How many other coaches are doing this? Brown catches a TD pass in a FG formation. The kicker throws it. The Rams are all looking at each other. They weren't prepared for any of this.

The Pats are simply the best prepared football team that is made up of a bunch of players who just want to play football.

And they don't say stupid things to the media, like Joey Porter after the Steelers game. "Boy do I hope we get those guys again." That puts a smile on everyone's face in the NE organization.

Calling it luck is nonsense.

Gunzlingr
11-12-2004, 11:38 AM
Not luck at all. Just bad calls.

mybills
11-12-2004, 11:38 AM
They're lucky they have Vinateri so they can win SB's!

FlyingElvis
11-12-2004, 11:42 AM
They're lucky they have Vinateri so they can win SB's!LOL. That pass he threw looked like ass, but it didn't matter because no one was within 15 yards of Brown.

Afterwards, Martz blasted his players. "What did they think he (Brown) was out there doing? Going to the john?". Way to throw your players under the bus Martz. I bet they are going to play real hard for you now. What an idiot.

Mad Bomber
11-12-2004, 06:17 PM
Now let me just say that I’m NOT saying that this team is NOT Good! They are good. They’re very good. Not to mention well coached. But still and all, you can’t win 21 games in a row unless you are DAMN LUCKY.

They might be the luckiest team in the history of the league! I get so sick of watching their games because you just know that at the end of the game something is going to happen or the ball will bounce their way and they’ll win! Every time!

When is this luck going to run out????

They also get plenty of help from the Brady Bunch (see avatar).