X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Willie Mac PrimeTime Back

Wiilis is attempting to do what very few others have done in this League, which is Rush for over 100 yds in his first 4 consecutive starts which happen to coincide with the Bills first 3 wins of the season, looking to make it 4 wins in a row. This feat would assure Willis of a place in League History in his young career.

Corey Dillon has been the workhorse that many around the League and in the Pats organization had expected when brought over as NE's premier FA aquisition.
    Dillon has been one of the top rushers in the conference and the Bills "D" can boast that it is one of the units strong enough to hold him under 100 yds as they did in the first matchup this year, even though Corey averaged over 4 ypc and the Pats ended up with the win.

Can the Pats "D" keep WM from running his way into the Record books in PrimeTime, which would go a long way towards making their middle of the pack run Defense look more like the SuperBowl contenders that everyone thought they would be before the injury to Rosevelt Colvin last year.

Or will Willis be able to expose the suspect run Defense and underachieving Seymour and Colvin as an ageing and damaged unit with a depleted secondary, up in FoxBoro in PrimeTime?

Can either team win without their stud RB being successful and becoming a major factor in allowing their team to control the ball and wearing down the opposing Defense?
    Last edited by juice; 11-12-2004, 11:37 AM.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

well said....I think we need to pass to set up the run, but if we can get them on their heels it will be BIG WILLIE TIME!
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Gunzlingr
      • Jul 2002

Whatever happened to Colvin. He still playing?
      You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• juice
        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
        Whatever happened to Colvin. He still playing?
        Colvin is playing but statistcally hasn't returned to anywhere near his Pre-Injury form and is currently 2nd on the depth chart behind McGinnest.

Remember Rosie was supposed to be the stud FA aquisition the year that we got Spikes, Colvin was rated much higher than TKO.

That Hip injury has drastically reduced his Tackles, Sacks, Pressure etc.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice
          Colvin is playing but statistcally hasn't returned to anywhere near his Pre-Injury form and is currently 2nd on the depth chart behind McGinnest.

Remember Rosie was supposed to be the stud FA aquisition the year that we got Spikes, Colvin was rated much higher than TKO.

That Hip injury has drastically reduced his Tackles, Sacks, Pressure etc.
          He is still recovering somewhat too, its taking alot longer than expected and he may never be in pre-injury form again, kinda sad bc the guy was a good player.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
            • Jul 2002

I think they use Willis's running to set up the pass. Moulds should have career day versus this secondary. None of their DBs can match up with Eric. If NE uses too many men on Eric, maybe Evans will have a big day.

Comment

• venis2k1
              Youboty can hope
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
              I think they use Willis's running to set up the pass. Moulds should have career day versus this secondary. None of their DBs can match up with Eric. If NE uses too many men on Eric, maybe Evans will have a big day.

Thats exactly what the rams fans said last week about Holt and Bruce.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                Next Question!
                • Nov 2004

Holt and Bruce

Martz... can't coach. He ran more than he did any other game this season, with a depleted secondary?

Who is gonna cover Moulds and Evans, Troy Brown?

Jon

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by Mudflap1
                  Martz... can't coach. He ran more than he did any other game this season, with a depleted secondary?

Jon
                  I'd definately talk Moulds or Evans any day in that matchup....let's hope it comes down to that and we make Belichek look like a fool for thinking it would work.
                  "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                  --Leo Durocher

Comment

• TedMock
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mudflap1

Jon
                    Martz is an idiot, but it's because he didn't run enough. We absolutely have to take advantage of the secondary when the opportunity allows. However, we also have to use our strength to set that up.

Bulger threw 33 times against NE, but Faulk only had 12 carries. The Rams as a team only had 19 carries. Even when they were "the greatest show on turf," Vermeil was running over 20 times per game. The Patriots on the other hand, ran 32 times and passed 32 times. Martz rode Vermeil's coat tails like nobody else.

Comment

• juice
                      • Aug 2003

Expect Willis to run like a Man-Possessed, for him to reach the century mark in PrimeTime puts him instantly into the elite class of runners in the League, and coupled with the win revives the entire year for the team also.. and dont think every player and coach in that lockerroom doesn't know it.

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                        • May 2003

Will Bellichick use five defensive lineman as he did to take Ricky Williams out of a crucial game last year?

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                          • May 2003

He might try that early and be very aggresive on offense to hope and catch the Bills out of discipline defensively on some gimmick play?

I know...

He is going to run the home-run throwback, but on offense, with Dan Klecko completing a lateral to Tom Brady, who will gallantly spring us the field for a 75 yard touchdown, because the entire defense swarmed to the opposite side of the field chasing...

Daniel Graham???

Comment

Working...
                          X