X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Vrabel added to the injury report...

Mike Vrabel was injured in practice and added to the injury report as "questionable" with a lower leg injury. Vrabel is one of the most underrated Patriots players and his missing would be a big blow for the team.

I'll say this, things really seem to be breaking right for you guys to win. I would not surprise me at all to see Buffalo win this week.
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

I won't turn my back on the Pats in any game.

The Denver game last year convinced me this team is possessed. The only way to beat the Pats is do what Buffalo did last year and the Steelers did this year- get up big early and play hard defense.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
      I won't turn my back on the Pats in any game.

The Denver game last year convinced me this team is possessed. The only way to beat the Pats is do what Buffalo did last year and the Steelers did this year- get up big early and play hard defense.
      I don't know about getting "up big", but playing ahead is very important. The Patriots are a team built on getting a lead and establishing their style of play. They are not built to play from behind. The Patriots have scored first in something like 16 straight games. By getting a lead they put pressure on the other team, which results in mistakes.

It will be interesting to see how this game plays out. There is little doubt Buffalo will have some success running the football, as the Pats safeties will be playing back to help out with the situation at CB. I don't think Buffalo running the ball well is enough, if those drives end up as FG. Obviously, turnovers and penalties can short-circuit drives and take Buffalo out of their run game.

The keys as I see it:

1) Buffalo will run, but can they score TDs instead of FG, and avoid penalties that kill drives (as they have recently).

2) Can Buffalo's defense, one of the NFL's best, keep the Pats offense down early? Dillon has been running with authority, but Buffalo is very stingy against the run (especially with Milloy back). Brady has had a QB rating in the 100's in 4 of his last 5 games against Buffalo. If Buffalo blitzes again, the Pats will hit some plays. However, if Buffalo plays coverage and limits big plays in the passing game, the Pats could struggle to score points.

This could be a real war, and a very good game. With injuries, specifically at CB and WR for NE, I think Buffalo is in a better position to beat the Patriots than any time since Bledsoe was traded.

Comment

• Cntrygal
        Visually stunning but camera-shy.
        • Jul 2002

I agree with Dozer.

While it looks like the stars may be aligning for us, the Pats are a dangerous team - no matter how many injuries they have. The Pats play to win when other teams play NOT to lose.
        Originally posted by notacon
        The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39
          I don't know about getting "up big", but playing ahead is very important. The Patriots are a team built on getting a lead and establishing their style of play. They are not built to play from behind. The Patriots have scored first in something like 16 straight games. By getting a lead they put pressure on the other team, which results in mistakes.

It will be interesting to see how this game plays out. There is little doubt Buffalo will have some success running the football, as the Pats safeties will be playing back to help out with the situation at CB. I don't think Buffalo running the ball well is enough, if those drives end up as FG. Obviously, turnovers and penalties can short-circuit drives and take Buffalo out of their run game.

The keys as I see it:

1) Buffalo will run, but can they score TDs instead of FG, and avoid penalties that kill drives (as they have recently).

2) Can Buffalo's defense, one of the NFL's best, keep the Pats offense down early? Dillon has been running with authority, but Buffalo is very stingy against the run (especially with Milloy back). Brady has had a QB rating in the 100's in 4 of his last 5 games against Buffalo. If Buffalo blitzes again, the Pats will hit some plays. However, if Buffalo plays coverage and limits big plays in the passing game, the Pats could struggle to score points.

This could be a real war, and a very good game. With injuries, specifically at CB and WR for NE, I think Buffalo is in a better position to beat the Patriots than any time since Bledsoe was traded.
          Man, if I didn't know you were a Pat's fan, I would now!
          We haven't been making the penalties (recently) as you pointed out. and Milloy has helped, but not the way you make it sound..we won (without him)..oh wait, was he only mentioned because he's an ex Pat? I don't like Bledsoe as a QB, but he hasn't even been the whole problem, our coaching has had plenty of faults..that's been fixed for the most part..oh wait, Bledsoe is another ex Pat Why don't you just admit that you are scared? You sure sound it, injuries are just excuses. Isn't that what Pats fans tell other fans when they do that?

Sorry, didn't mean to go off on you like that..you usually post some interesting things..but that was so (read between the lines) like, I couldn't help it! lol.
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Ickybaluky
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by mybills
            We haven't been making the penalties (recently) as you pointed out. and Milloy has helped, but not the way you make it sound..we won (without him)..oh wait, was he only mentioned because he's an ex Pat? I don't like Bledsoe as a QB, but he hasn't even been the whole problem, our coaching has had plenty of faults..that's been fixed for the most part..oh wait, Bledsoe is another ex Pat Why don't you just admit that you are scared? You sure sound it, injuries are just excuses. Isn't that what Pats fans tell other fans when they do that?

Sorry, didn't mean to go off on you like that..you usually post some interesting things..but that was so (read between the lines) like, I couldn't help it! lol.
            You have to be kidding. Tell me your kidding. Your looking for stuff that isn't there. My saying Milloy makes the Bills defense better is a slight? You'll have to explain that one to me. And I didn't even bring up Bledsoe or the coaching.

Seriously, this is completely out of left field. Scared? Of what, that the Patriots might lose? That doesn't effect me to any degree that it is something I stress about. Win or lose, I watch the games and enjoy them. I don't control the result. I am not scrared of anything.

Comment

• The Natrix
              • Jul 2002

You have to be kidding. Tell me your kidding. Your looking for stuff that isn't there. My saying Milloy makes the Bills defense better is a slight? You'll have to explain that one to me. And I didn't even bring up Bledsoe or the coaching.

Seriously, this is completely out of left field. Scared? Of what, that the Patriots might lose? That doesn't effect me to any degree that it is something I stress about. Win or lose, I watch the games and enjoy them. I don't control the result. I am not scrared of anything.
              She must be a bit drunk.

Byrd.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mybills

Mybills, he said we had been avoiding the penalties, and if he didnt Id still agree with him about avoiding them. Milloy makes this D better by alot, yea we won without him but he helps alot with the run D (case and point last week in shutting down CM and LJ). Bledsoe isnt the problem but he is part of it, he's looked good in the past 2 weeks, I dont know where you got this stuff from, but I saw it as a good analysis.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                  • Jan 2004

Mike Vrabel was injured in practice and added to the injury report as "questionable" with a lower leg injury. Vrabel is one of the most underrated Patriots players and his missing would be a big blow for the team.

I'll say this, things really seem to be breaking right for you guys to win. I would not surprise me at all to see Buffalo win this week.

Nah, we lose.

Regardless of the Patriots depleted secondary, I still see Bledsoe struggling badly.

He is a different player on the road.
                  You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

Working...
                  X