PDA

View Full Version : NFL warns Browns' Warren over comment

Cntrygal
11-13-2004, 10:48 PM
The NFL warned Browns defensive tackle Gerard Warren for comments he made about trying to hit Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in the head in their Week 10 game.

"We notified the team, including Gerard Warren, that if a player commits a flagrant foul after making such a statement, it may be a decisive factor supporting the suspension of the player, depending on the entire set of circumstances," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said. more (http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/CLE/7881448)

OpIv37
11-14-2004, 12:42 AM
definite dumbass move on the part of Warren. It's one thing to play tough football and take shots when the opportunity presents itself- it's another thing to go into a game looking to destroy a certain player. As much as I'd love to see the Bills wreck Brady, I'd be disgusted if they premeditated it or took cheap shots at him.

Cntrygal
11-14-2004, 09:33 AM
Yep, injuries are going to happen in this sport. I have no respect for anyone that would go out and intentionally hurt another player. Even though I may be yelling "get him or kill him" during the heat of the moment :couch: . Now there are a few players that if they were to get hurt, I wouldn't really feel all that bad - but I wouldn't want anyone to go out an intentionally do it. (players that have a history of taking dirty shots)