X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • london59
    • Dec 2003

One Big Problem With Our O-Line

I have been watching tape from the last few Bills games and the one consistant weekness that sticks out time after time is Mark Campbell. That guys gets beat or misses his block allowing penetration into the backfield which gets the play blown up. The line as a whole is looking better but we are really hurting with Campbell as a blocking TE. I think Euhus does a better job but I really think we need a major upgrade at this position. With Mularky being a former TE himself, I see us improving this position in the offseason.
  • generalmills
    • Sep 2003

if the bills do go looking for a TE in the draft (although Jason Peters could change that with some solid play from now till the end of the season). If anyone saw the final drive of the Pitt v. ND game yesterday, there was a very impressive and clutch TE named Erik Gill who made some very key receptions (and made some people miss) to keep the winning drive alive. He is down as a 6'5 270lb senior. Does anyone of you draft guys out there know where he is projected to go... and whether his blocking is up to NFL ability? he certainly caught my attention yesterday

Comment

• BillsFanInMass
      The Stoner Zoner
      • Feb 2003

Dude i think your onto something here they just activated Jason Peters to our 53 man roster he is a 300+ pound monster who can block and catch.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by generalmills
        if the bills do go looking for a TE in the draft (although Jason Peters could change that with some solid play from now till the end of the season). If anyone saw the final drive of the Pitt v. ND game yesterday, there was a very impressive and clutch TE named Erik Gill who made some very key receptions (and made some people miss) to keep the winning drive alive. He is down as a 6'5 270lb senior. Does anyone of you draft guys out there know where he is projected to go... and whether his blocking is up to NFL ability? he certainly caught my attention yesterday

That game pissed me off- the refs handed it to Pitt with their one-sided pass interference calls. Then I had the end of it on the radio- the score was 41-38 and ND had one second to return the kickoff. So what do the announcers start talking about? The 1993 ND-BC game that ND lost by the same score, which cost them the national championship, and the Bills-Titans Music City Mirage game. Arggh- hopefully today will be a better sports day than yesterday.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• generalmills
          • Sep 2003

I thought Pitt had very poor clock management at the end of that ball game... with only enough time for a field goal they called a time out with 6 seconds left.. I know the whole ideology about "if the snap goes bad" etc.... but the game was tied and 6 seconds are far to much time for the ball to go through the up-rights with time expiring off the clock...it left time for a kickoff... this might just be "post music-city miracle" talking but seriously 6 seconds.. if they had called the time out with 4 seconds left a return does not even take place...I guess im just nut always worrying about the "what if's"

Comment

Working...
          X