PDA

View Full Version : I didn't expect much from JP Losman in his first outing....

OpIv37
11-14-2004, 10:37 PM
but two turnovers in 5 plays? TD better know something that the rest of us don't.

Drewpac
11-14-2004, 10:38 PM
Well, he's no Big Ben. He looked a little freaked out out there. He needs a lot of reps in practice over the next few weeks. Remember, this guy was considered extremely raw coming out of college so it is going to take him some time to adjust to the NFL.

BAM
11-14-2004, 10:39 PM
I was at least expecting him to throw to the correct team... :D

BAM
11-14-2004, 10:40 PM
Nice pass though, at least he'll be able to hit a RB on the screen. :snicker:

FTG
11-14-2004, 10:41 PM
Start him next week. Time to see if he can do the job. Bledsoe obviously can't

Mr. Cynical
11-14-2004, 10:44 PM
1. This was his first regular season game of his career.
2. He got in when the game was already lost, 29-6, with only a few mins left.
3. Since Drew has been a fixture at starting, I'm fairly certain he wasn't fully prepared to come in. Not an excuse, but it is what it is.

Unlike Drew, he doesn't have 11 years behind him with tons of mistakes, so I'm giving the kid the slack he deserves for a while. Like FTG said, let's see how he plays with a week to prepare as the starter. And he better start.

TacklingDummy
11-14-2004, 10:48 PM
He reminds me of someone else. So his new name will be R.J. Losman.

Demon
11-15-2004, 12:36 AM
Well, he's no Big Ben. He looked a little freaked out out there. He needs a lot of reps in practice over the next few weeks. Remember, this guy was considered extremely raw coming out of college so it is going to take him some time to adjust to the NFL.

Big Ben wasn't really that great against Baltimore in his first outing either. Only difference is, he had much more time to work with and all they did was pass. He took like 2 sacks and threw 2 INT's.

I'm not worried about Losman. Everybody will stuggle. I would prefer him to stuggle tonight in a blow out game then next Sunday when it's 0-0 and the game is in his hands for the taking.

ArcticWildMan
11-15-2004, 12:44 AM

Yeah, he's earned that nickname after such a long a illustrious career. :rolleyes:

Glad to see the tackling troll has returned.

NapalmDeath
11-15-2004, 04:59 AM
Start him next week. Time to see if he can do the job. Bledsoe obviously can't

:jam:

2 turnovers in 5 plays.

That will work wonders for the Bills against the Rams.

Nice post

Didn't see ya for the last couple weeks.

NapalmDeath
11-15-2004, 05:01 AM
so I'm giving the kid the slack he deserves for a while. Like FTG said, let's see how he plays with a week to prepare as the starter. And he better start.

So after 2 weeks, when he is placed on IR, will you guys finally complain about the OL?

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-15-2004, 05:03 AM
Some of you are going to throw Losman under the bus already? He has been out for how many weeks, it was the first time he was in a game, and he played against one of the top teams in the league and he is now RJ Losman?

Mad Bomber
11-15-2004, 06:56 AM

:down: It's WAY too early to pass judgment on JP.

BAM
11-15-2004, 07:00 AM
Nice post

Didn't see ya for the last couple weeks.

A lot of them were M.I.A. those last couple weeks, but BOY have they returned in mass!

casdhf
11-15-2004, 07:01 AM
Rookie or not, that INT to that LB was aweful. I hope Losman isn't ******ed like Travis Henry

BAM
11-15-2004, 07:02 AM
Yah. :(

that was pretty bad. I think he'll be fine though... I hope.... :pray:

Jayhawk
11-15-2004, 07:10 AM
man he's allowed to screw up, he's young. If he's still doing this stuff two years from now, yes I will be mad!

OpIv37
11-15-2004, 08:08 AM
man he's allowed to screw up, he's young. If he's still doing this stuff two years from now, yes I will be mad!

If he's still doing this stuff two GAMES from now, I will be mad. Rookie jitters are one thing, but hitting a 250 lb linebacker in the numbers is just pathetic.

Don't get me wrong- I'm not dumb enough to give up on him after two bad plays against a good team in his first start. I'm just saying that this type of moronic play better disappear quick.

Michael82
11-15-2004, 08:25 AM
A lot of them were M.I.A. those last couple weeks, but BOY have they returned in mass!
Are you surprised? They only show up in droves after Drew blows chunks. However, when he actually does something and doesn't **** up, the Drew HATERS will hide and not give him any credit. :shakeno:

Drewpac
11-15-2004, 08:42 AM
Are you surprised? They only show up in droves after Drew blows chunks. However, when he actually does something and doesn't **** up, the Drew HATERS will hide and not give him any credit. :shakeno:

That's not true at all. I'm a Drew hater and I always give him props when he plays a decent game. The thing is, over time, Bledsoe has proven that he just cannot get it done: a) in big games; and b) on the road. That's why we hate him so much. There is just no hope with the dude in at QB, and that's why we flip out so much when he lays his usual road stinker.

Michael82
11-15-2004, 08:44 AM
That's not true at all. I'm a Drew hater and I always give him props when he plays a decent game. The thing is, over time, Bledsoe has proven that he just cannot get it done: a) in big games; and b) on the road. That's why we hate him so much. There is just no hope with the dude in at QB, and that's why we flip out so much when he lays his usual road stinker.
Umm, I'm talking about all the other Drew HATERS that have suddenly come back to dance on his grave, yet were completely silent for the last couple weeks.

illusionone
11-15-2004, 09:16 AM
:down: It's WAY too early to pass judgment on JP.

I disagree, I have stated many times on this board....JP Losman thinks he is JP Vick and Runs first, passes 2nd. I was at the game last night and I was hoping he would have learned his lesson from the pre-season. Hasn't this coaching staff told him to try and stay in the pocket.

This kid is our bridge to the future *ugh*

I'm not making that statement based off of last night, but what I have seen from him in pre-season and the lessons not learned after the broken leg.

If you want JP on the IR list, start him, because that's where he will be if he continues to run around like a fool (exactly what he looked like last night.

Michael82
11-15-2004, 09:30 AM
I disagree, I have stated many times on this board....JP Losman thinks he is JP Vick and Runs first, passes 2nd. I was at the game last night and I was hoping he would have learned his lesson from the pre-season. Hasn't this coaching staff told him to try and stay in the pocket.

This kid is our bridge to the future *ugh*

I'm not making that statement based off of last night, but what I have seen from him in pre-season and the lessons not learned after the broken leg.

If you want JP on the IR list, start him, because that's where he will be if he continues to run around like a fool (exactly what he looked like last night.
Maybe Vincent should have hit him harder? :idunno: