X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unpaid_bills
    • Nov 2004

A True Team Loss

Well I think all has been said. They lost this game as a team. Point the finger at Drew but EVERYONE takes part of this one. At times they are so predictable it is not funny. Even Joe Theisman called a TD play to their TE, before it happened.

Do the coaches and players not watch this on film? I know they work hard all week and bust their ass -- but at times it looks like they are totally lost, blown coverage, missed blocks, run the wrong route, horrible passes, dropped passes, you name it -- it happened.

This is very hard to watch for all us fans. Although I am not giving up on the season yet - I think the best thing for the team now that Losman is healthy let him in there get some experience. If not JP play Matthews. Drew needs a few games to rest and watch. He is playing with Zero confidence, making mental errors, throwing off his wrong foot, standing in the pocket way too long, making bad throws and bottom line not moving or motivating the team. They need many changes and it has to start with the QB. I like Drew as a person and he seems like a nice guy - they need someone with something to prove and play for the future.

At least make the game competitive and score a TD or two. They look horrific on offense. The worst part was when Troy Brown (a WR) picked off Bledsoe. They were minus their two starting DB's and Drew looked like a QB who had never played before.
    Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills .... Bills Mafia for life
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Agreed
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
      • May 2003

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by unpaid_bills
        Well I think all has been said. They lost this game as a team. Point the finger at Drew but EVERYONE takes part of this one. At times they are so predictable it is not funny. Even Joe Theisman called a TD play to their TE, before it happened.

Do the coaches and players not watch this on film? I know they work hard all week and bust their ass -- but at times it looks like they are totally lost, blown coverage, missed blocks, run the wrong route, horrible passes, dropped passes, you name it -- it happened.

This is very hard to watch for all us fans. Although I am not giving up on the season yet - I think the best thing for the team now that Losman is healthy let him in there get some experience. If not JP play Matthews. Drew needs a few games to rest and watch. He is playing with Zero confidence, making mental errors, throwing off his wrong foot, standing in the pocket way too long, making bad throws and bottom line not moving or motivating the team. They need many changes and it has to start with the QB. I like Drew as a person and he seems like a nice guy - they need someone with something to prove and play for the future.

At least make the game competitive and score a TD or two. They look horrific on offense. The worst part was when Troy Brown (a WR) picked off Bledsoe. They were minus their two starting DB's and Drew looked like a QB who had never played before.

welcome to The Zone.
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

Awesome 1st post! Your 100% right this was a team loss, things did not work from the coaching down. Play Calling was poor, passing was poor, run blocking poor, defense poor. The two bright points in this game was the the play of the O-Line in pass protection and Special Teams everything else was a bust.

I said it before the game and it stands true now.... Your going to be out coached when you play the Pats, the only way to beat them is for your players to step up and minimize that margin. We just blew. And BTW those of you who have been calling for Losman did you expect him to turn this team around himself? He is a rookie and he is going to make a bunch of mistakes, we need to prepare for us to go 1-4 these next five games anything better makes us fortunate. But its time for the kid to take his bumps hopefully Drew will remain classy and guide him through this transition. Although I dont think we have seen the last of Drew this season.
          Last edited by The King; 11-15-2004, 06:22 AM.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by unpaid_bills

Welcome to the Zone! Great post.

We were dominated at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. The only part of this game that wasn't absolutely embarassing was our special teams play.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

What I don't understand is how our defense could play so crappy. They had an extra long week to prepare for Brady and Dillon, they new Dillon would come out trying to cram it down their throats, and still, they weren't prepared. I don't get it, maybe they watched the wrong film??

Comment

• unpaid_bills
                • Nov 2004

Thanks guys. Its hard to watch for sure as a fan. At least as fans we have a place to vent. At least where I live there are no Bills fans so no one really razzes me.

Comment

• Drewpac
                  • Jul 2002

Oh man, this new guy didn't get the Billszone memo. This game was lost 100% because of Bledsoe's terrible performance. The Defense looked in Bledsoe's eyes after the first series and saw his pathetic expression so they didn't bother trying. You really can't blame this loss on them.

Comment

• The King
                    Without me it's just Awe so
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Drewpac
                    Oh man, this new guy didn't get the Billszone memo. This game was lost 100% because of Bledsoe's terrible performance. The Defense looked in Bledsoe's eyes after the first series and saw his pathetic expression so they didn't bother trying. You really can't blame this loss on them.
                    Yeah he did miss the memo... he was out of the office.... he spent last night in reality I believe.
                    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                    It was all
                    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Hounds
                      • Mar 2004

I think the Fullback Shelton and Sam Adams had a good game. The special team coaches espesially with the design of the punt return for a touchdown with Freddie catching it infront of Clements. Making the gunners go after Clements. But I dont think anyonelse had a good game. I cant belive that our defense gave Brady so much time and that Bledsoe was throwing passes like they were all up for grabs.

Comment

• TedMock
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Hounds
                        I think the Fullback Shelton and Sam Adams had a good game. The special team coaches espesially with the design of the punt return for a touchdown with Freddie catching it infront of Clements. Making the gunners go after Clements. But I dont think anyonelse had a good game. I cant belive that our defense gave Brady so much time and that Bledsoe was throwing passes like they were all up for grabs.
                        You forgot about Moorman. For three years he's been the best player on the team. He had another great outing. Sam Adams made some great plays, but he also was part of the lack of run-stopping. The team collectively played poorly. Bledsoe locked in on WR's all game and threw very weak passes. Not helping were the drops by the WR's or the OL getting pushed back so the QB's could step into the throws. Regardless, Bledsoe played his worst game of the year....no excuses for that. Losman? yuck. I won't hold this against him though. He hasn't played since summertime. Nowhere to run for Willis. The defense came up with it's worst performance of the year. The entire defense, not just one or two guys. Everybody got beat up. This was also the coaching staff's worst game.

So, QB's-failed, WR's-failed, O-line-failed, TE's-failed, RB/FB-?, Defense-failed, Coaching-failed, Special teams-not terrible.

I've just never seen them look so pathetic as a whole. I've seen players and even one side of the ball look terrible over years, but never the entire team collectively this god awful.
                        Last edited by TedMock; 11-15-2004, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• unpaid_bills
                          • Nov 2004

Yep it is totally disheartening as a fan. You dont want to say they gave up but it sure look like than from Tv. Played with no heart or energy. Losing becomes contagious I guess. The leaders on this team (Spikes, Fletcher, Moulds and yes Bledsoe) need to get in peoples face. The coaches need to make changes now if you f-up or dont perform ride the bench. The offense line is a mess the sad part is the backups are even worse -- Does JP even have a fighting chance?

They had a thing on the last game vs NE we blitzed the crap out of them. Did we blitz at all last night? Brady had all day, when he had to step out of the pocket he bought time.

You have to be friggin kidding me the Pats WR (Patten, Givens, Brown) and a bunch of so called 'No names" and 6th-7th rd picks look like Pro Bowlers. Meanwhile Moulds, Evans and Bledsoe and our group look like crap.

This may sound weird but it may be a blessing the Bills not having a #1 pick next year. They will have to develop the rookies and get some free agents. I think this also means they will have to cut loose Drew. The only thing here how much cap space will that cost?

We have a long way to go as a team. Everyone to a man has to look at their play. They are getting beat conisitently in most facets of the game. Special teams may be the lone bright spot this year with Morman, McGee and Clements. Beyond that I see no consistency.

Comment

Working...
                          X