PDA

View Full Version : Wow

northernbillfan
11-15-2004, 03:12 AM
According to the results of the recent Bills Zone poll (http://www.billszone.com/) over half of you say that Bledsoe caused the loss.

*based on results as of 4:12A EST*

NapalmDeath
11-15-2004, 03:22 AM
Didn't see the poll, but I would have picked Outplayed by NE, since there was only 3 choices

The fourth choice should have been PISS POOR PLAY OVERALL AS A TEAM

northernbillfan
11-15-2004, 03:28 AM
Piss poor play indeed.

Yes it's true that receivers dropped balls and the running game stalled, but Drew is still the commander on the field.

As for the D, they held the Patsies to limited points on the first couple of drives. Buffalo failed to answer back.

NapalmDeath
11-15-2004, 03:51 AM
Piss poor play indeed.

Yes it's true that receivers dropped balls and the running game stalled, but Drew is still the commander on the field.

As for the D, they held the Patsies to limited points on the first couple of drives. Buffalo failed to answer back.

The D didn't look good until goalline,early. 30 yard run by Dillion
15 Yard run by Faulk

They Made the so called #3 D in the league look like the #30 ranked D

And the O played like the #3,000,000 ranked

Michael82
11-15-2004, 08:33 AM
Anyone who thinks the D played good and didn't help the Bills lose this game is fooling themselves. They were horrible. Missed tackles and no pressure on Brady killed them.

honey
11-15-2004, 09:22 AM
I personally thought we were outplayed by NE. :idunno:

What an awful game.

PS: I voted, nbf! :up:

Michael82
11-15-2004, 09:29 AM

What an awful game.

I agree.

LABillsFan
11-15-2004, 10:26 AM
A RB who runs the ball well can take the pressure of a QB and the passing game, however, the running doesn't always work so you need the opposite. Well we don't have a QB that can take the pressure of the running game or the Bills D for that matter. The line gets demoralized, the D is continually put back on the field after 4 plays and teams smell blood and go for it. I bet on the 4th of July when Drew lights a firecracker, they just fizzle and burn out.

TedMock
11-15-2004, 11:00 AM
The offense did it's part, that's for sure. My buddy was putting most of the blame on the QB, using the "defense is on the field the whole game" excuse. This held true late in the game when NE was able to pound the ball down our throats and kill the clock. What about them scoring on their first 4 possessions? The defense shouldn't have been tired by that point. I mean c'mon, seriously. They all sucked. I put a lot of blame on the QB, but not any more that I put on anybody else. They all came up with the worst team performance I've seen in ages.....and we've seen some pretty bad team performances over the last few years.

Hemlepp53
11-15-2004, 06:23 PM

What an awful game.

I think we were outplayed in the Coaching catagory, our D did not show up like I hoped, and Drew was Drew at his FINEST... What do we expect... Surely not JP to come out and throw for 3 TD's in 3 minutes... So give the Rookie a break... :pray: Hes surely not 100% mentally or phyically...

This is what I wrote in response to some crap about trading JP because of his performance Sunday against the Pats. :pissed:

Anyhow... I do think we were out played on everylevel. Our D failed to stop the RuN period. Dillion had his way with the D Line. We failed to apply the pressure like I was hoping we would. Our O Line didnt hold up against the Pressure. Our Recievers couldnt hold on to crap. Our ST looked remotely like an NFL team. I was disappointed but come Monday morning I awoke to head to work which is filled with Fin Fans prepared to take a beating.. And I Did... :roflmao:

Who cares Win or Lose I'm Still A NASTY OLE Bills Fan... Stuck in South Florida awaiting for my moment to gloat and piss on every FinFans cereal... Lets Go Buffalo Lets Go...

BillsFever21
11-15-2004, 07:07 PM
Wouldn't have mattered how well our defense played last night when our offense failed to make a 3rd down or put any points on the board.

This makes two straight games against the Patriots where our offense was held scoreless.

DaBills
11-15-2004, 09:25 PM
"I bet on the 4th of July when Drew lights a firecracker, they just fizzle and burn out."

LMAO.

Oh, but wait, it's not Drew's fault — it's the matche's fault.

Dump on the D all you want gang, but the reason they were 3RD to this point is because they kept the team in games to this point. A letdown was not out of the question.

So Drew gets a pass all year, (actually, since LAST year), and the D plays average, and THEY’RE the problem? Please. I saw two passes that were dropped that could have been caught. The rest were thrown at feet, behind or over receivers.

And Drew had plenty of time on most bad throws. What, is he supposed to have an 8-yard cushion around him? Funny, Brady, or pretty much every other QB that doesn't suck is able to get rid of it when guys are 2 feet away.

Watching last night, more time might actually be BAD for Drew — he ends up thinking too much.

coywire27
11-15-2004, 11:50 PM
Frustration
<HR style="COLOR: #000000" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I am just frustrated with the whole season - I mean, I can't watch a game without thinking the Bills are going to screw up in some facet of the game - I am always on edge - I tell you what, I went to the game last night and all I got from Pat fans was sympathy - they all reminded me of the days when Kelly, Reed and Thomas would kick the butts of the Pats on a cosistant basis - they all said how Bledsoe is a good guy but just doesn't have it anymore - I don't know - I want to blame someone, but I just don't know who - the negativity I read on the sites is frustration - I will always stick with the Bills, but it just is never easy

northernbillfan
11-16-2004, 04:01 AM
Frustration
<HR style="COLOR: #000000" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I am just frustrated with the whole season - I mean, I can't watch a game without thinking the Bills are going to screw up in some facet of the game - I am always on edge - I tell you what, I went to the game last night and all I got from Pat fans was sympathy - they all reminded me of the days when Kelly, Reed and Thomas would kick the butts of the Pats on a cosistant basis - they all said how Bledsoe is a good guy but just doesn't have it anymore - I don't know - I want to blame someone, but I just don't know who - the negativity I read on the sites is frustration - I will always stick with the Bills, but it just is never easy
:bf1: Best post today!

SABURZFAN
11-16-2004, 04:40 AM
Frustration
<HR style="COLOR: #000000" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I am just frustrated with the whole season - I mean, I can't watch a game without thinking the Bills are going to screw up in some facet of the game - I am always on edge -

i hear you.you sit there and wait for the next F up.

TedMock
11-16-2004, 08:28 AM
"I bet on the 4th of July when Drew lights a firecracker, they just fizzle and burn out."

LMAO.

Oh, but wait, it's not Drew's fault — it's the matche's fault.

Dump on the D all you want gang, but the reason they were 3RD to this point is because they kept the team in games to this point. A letdown was not out of the question.

So Drew gets a pass all year, (actually, since LAST year), and the D plays average, and THEY’RE the problem? Please. I saw two passes that were dropped that could have been caught. The rest were thrown at feet, behind or over receivers.

And Drew had plenty of time on most bad throws. What, is he supposed to have an 8-yard cushion around him? Funny, Brady, or pretty much every other QB that doesn't suck is able to get rid of it when guys are 2 feet away.

Watching last night, more time might actually be BAD for Drew — he ends up thinking too much.

I don't think anybody's giving him a pass anymore. Whether it's mental, physical, or both; he's just not doing it. The defense has definitely kept us in games and I think they'll continue to be fine. Unfortunately, they were just as bad (okay, almost as bad) as the offense. It's only one game, and it's bound to eventually happen. Drew seemed like he was playing efficiently in recent weeks, but against a quality opponent, he went back to the 'deer in headlights' look. My earlier point was just that people didn't seem to be giving the defense any blame. I'm in total agreement that Drew was the worst performer on the team, but let's face it...NE scored 20 points in it's first four possessions. The defense is partially responsible. It really sucks that we have to look forward to next year already, but that the way goes lately. I don't care if it's the draft or free agency; just get some OL in here. Losman's a young guy who could use protection early on. Evans and Willis were able to get some valuable experience this year. Hopefully the defense stays in tact and we somehow turn the corner next season. On paper, this team is not bad. It's just so frustrating.