• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Well, you wanted to see Losman play...

and you said it couldn't get worse...

it got worse...against a defense with no secondary and 5 backups in the game...hope you enjoyed the "excitment"...

1 for 2...5 yards, an INT, 1 carries for 5 yards and a fumble...

now, he probably should not have been brought in yesterday but that is beside the point...

all that being said, I think he should suit up and start Sunday...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer

it got worse.....
    No it didn't. His performance was just as bad as Drew. One could at least come up w/ a ton of excuses for his performance while others can't come up w/ anything for Drew.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Drewpac
      • Jul 2002

it got worse...against a defense with no secondary and 5 backups in the game...hope you enjoyed the "excitment"...

1 for 2...5 yards, an INT, 1 carries for 5 yards and a fumble...

now, he probably should not have been brought in yesterday but that is beside the point...

all that being said, I think he should suit up and start Sunday...
      Yeah, you have to admit that it's pretty funny. I was one of the "It can't get any worse than Bledsoe" crowd and I was proven wrong last night. JP's performance had me lol.

Comment

• BillsRockSOMUCH
        Exhausted of Losing
        • Mar 2004

I would've felt a little better if Losman wasn't quite as bad.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          No it didn't. His performance was just as bad as Drew. One could at least come up w/ a ton of excuses for his performance while others can't come up w/ anything for Drew.
          in mop up time against a field worth of reserves and he gets happy feet? not a good sign...this kid needs work.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

in mop up time against a field worth of reserves and he gets happy feet? not a good sign...this kid needs work.
            No one will deny he needs work. He's a rookie who just came off an injury for pete's sake. He's the least thing the bills need to worry about. I'm more worried about the Headcoach not being able to make gameday adjustments against a team w/ a depeleted line-up. Can you say Glibride?

I'm almost 100% BB can make Losman look like a probowler.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Iehoshua
              • Jan 2003

If coaches placed final judgement on every QB after their 1st NFL performance, most of the greats would never have survived. I'm not saying Losman's showing wasn't very rough, but to condemn him and his future for it is pure idiocy.

I'd think lots here would be able to appreciate crappy QB performances. Plenty here are still in love with Drew and he's had more bad outings than I can count.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

Unfortunately, I went to bed before Losman came in as I couldn't take the pain anymore, so I didn't get to see his performance. However, to judge a QB who's only recenlty been back practicing, on his first time back is wrong. I think the coaches have 2 choices for the rest of this season. Either a.) throw Losman to the wolves for the rest of the year so he gets some experience and hopefully learns for next season or b.) stick with Drew, pray that they win out and make the play offs.

I don't know what option the coaches will take, maybe give Drew one more loss and then they'll go to plan A.

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

Look on the bright side. Not one of his passes failed to be caught.

Seriously, I don't put any weight on his performance at all, however, I think he needsmore time, and an opportunity to practice, not as the opposing team QB but with first or second teamers, before I'd ask him to do anything but mopup duty.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

I think he looked incredibly awful last night, and had way too happy of feet to early. I will not defend him bc I dont defend Drew. He was carelessly carrying the ball down the field with one hand which you are taught in Pop Warner ball not to do, he was too quick to scramble, and his pick was at Banta-Cain and nobody else. I still like the kid alot and thought it was unfair to put him last night in prime time as we were getting massacred when he's only bee 100% practicing for a week or 2. Bledsoe needs to play at least 3-4 more weeks and then Id like to see JP start. Id like to see JP get time though in a game where we are up 2 scores. To put him in last night was unfair. Ok so maybe I defended him a little bit.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Buffalofan
                      • Jul 2002

Losman neds a ton of work, but he is still a rookie. People have way to high expectations for this kid. Let him play a whole season before we pass judgement and stop expecting miracles. Everyone keeps saying how bad Drew is, but JP didnt look any better last night. He actually looked worse than Drew. The kids not ready to take the job just yet. Drew will start the rest of the season.

Comment

• jbisset
                        • Oct 2002

Yes it was bad....however, he will get better with time....You can not tell much from last night except he needs more time and a good Oline.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

He needs experience. The season is lost. Might as well get him in there.

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                            • May 2003

I think the best point made here was: why in the world would you put J.P Losman in that type of situation? Clearly that was stupid. I'm sure J.P. never dreamed he would be tossed into that hell hole of a situation. He obviuosly was not ready, but whose to say he can't play? Why in the hell does it make sense to continue to put Bills fans through the horror that is the play of Drew Bledsoe? I will not watch another game until he is gone.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                              Maybe?
                              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan

Pos rep coming.

Comment

Working...
                              X