PDA

View Full Version : So, let's get this out of the way.

chernobylwraiths
11-15-2004, 11:48 AM
Whether you want to see Matthews now or throw J.P. in there now or whatever, who wants to see Drew playing for Buffalo next year as the starter?

Iehoshua
11-15-2004, 11:50 AM
Jake the Snake Roberts? Who is JAKE?

chernobylwraiths
11-15-2004, 11:54 AM
Jake the Snake Roberts? Who is JAKE?

Oops, changed.

chernobylwraiths
11-15-2004, 11:57 AM
For some reason, I think this poll will be unanimous. I think I will make another one that won't be.

Iehoshua
11-15-2004, 11:57 AM
Damn, I wanted to see the DDT out on the field!

http://www.tuttowrestling.com/roberts.jpg

Ebenezer
11-15-2004, 11:59 AM
Whether you want to see Matthews now or throw J.P. in there now or whatever, who wants to see Drew playing for Buffalo next year as the starter?
I don't want to see DB as the starter on Sunday, let alone next year.

BAM
11-15-2004, 12:00 PM
Not it!

Patrick76777
11-15-2004, 12:03 PM
It's funny because about 3 or 4 posters still think this place is loaded with Bledsoe lovers. When in fact I don't think there are any left.

Hell even this morning a few of the bashers were calling out the Bledsoe fans and getting mad at them. But there aren't any here!!!

chernobylwraiths
11-15-2004, 12:07 PM
It's funny because about 3 or 4 posters still think this place is loaded with Bledsoe lovers. When in fact I don't think there are any left.

Hell even this morning a few of the bashers were calling out the Bledsoe fans and getting mad at them. But there aren't any here!!!

They were mad at me. I was needling them about Losman. But I never was apologizing for Bledsoe's poor play, just calling out the defense for their poor play as well.

chernobylwraiths
11-15-2004, 12:13 PM
VERY unpopular vote MBB. I make all my polls open so that everyone can see who voted for what. I know you like Drew, but you can't be serious that you want him to start for us next year unless you are a closet NE fan. :;

The King
11-15-2004, 12:15 PM
I dont know why I clicked yes. I guess I think we are so close and I want to see Drew succeed here not elsewhere.

I know the situation and I know hes gone but theres just a part of my that wants to see him hoist that silver above his his head with the bills uni on. Bring on the torment.

I dont really have an arguement I know he isnt the best thing for the system but I just cant help but feel that he has something left in the tank. I do feel like it will Parcells that cleans him off and makes him shine again.

BTW I had no plans on being anonymous, I was typing this as you posted Cherny.

chernobylwraiths
11-15-2004, 12:20 PM
I dont know why I clicked yes. I guess I think we are so close and I want to see Drew succeed here not elsewhere.

I know the situation and I know hes gone but theres just a part of my that wants to see him hoist that silver above his his head with the bills uni on. Bring on the torment.

I dont really have an arguement I know he isnt the best thing for the system but I just cant help but feel that he has something left in the tank. I do feel like it will Parcells that cleans him off and makes him shine again.

BTW I had no plans on being anonymous, I was typing this as you posted Cherny.

In a small way I agree with you. I don't feel his skills are completely gone, but this team cannot give him the protection he needs. He just can't win here and for that I don't want him on this team anymore after this year.

Nothing wrong with how you feel. I just think that his time here is over. And I think this even if (brace yourself) we winout the rest of the season. I just don't think it will ever happen for him here.

The King
11-15-2004, 12:37 PM
I agree with you I think he is gone, and I am ok with that. This team does need to move foward and we have a 1st round QB to do it with. But in a perfect world I would liek to see Drew lead this team to the playoffs thats my preference you didnt say I couldnt be hopeful in the poll.

Michael82
11-15-2004, 12:39 PM
They were mad at me. I was needling them about Losman. But I never was apologizing for Bledsoe's poor play, just calling out the defense for their poor play as well.
GREAT POST! :bf1:

Cntrygal
11-15-2004, 12:42 PM
I'm tired about hearing about Bledsoe circling the Pats game on his calendar when the schedule comes out. Maybe if he would look at it like a normal weekly event in his pro career.... he'd play better.

justasportsfan
11-15-2004, 12:45 PM

BTW I had no plans on being anonymous, I was typing this as you posted Cherny.You haven't learned you lesson with Rob Johnson? I am not willing to wait another year to find out if Drew can succeed. Time to move on. Drew has a great arm and so does JP. JP will make rookie bonehead mistakes that Drew is also doing.

Time to move on. Drew was a class act but not good for this team.

justasportsfan
11-15-2004, 12:55 PM
the blue states are winning this time :lol:

Ed
11-15-2004, 02:48 PM
I voted yes, but to be honest, after last nights game I could have just as easily voted no. Whatever the decision is, I know I'll put a positive optomistic spin on it for myself like I do every offseason.

I'm definitely excited to see what JP can do, but I guess a big part of me still feels like Bledsoe gives us the best chance to win next year. I mean JP's about a week younger then I am, and I just can't realistically see someone my age leading a proffesional football to the playoffs, but then you look at what Roethlesberger is doing and who knows.

Even if Bledsoe is still the starter for the rest of this year and next year, I'd still like to see JP worked into the games for certain plays and situations. I don't think making him wait until 2006 to become the full time starter would slow down his learning process though. I don't really agree that QB's need to go through growing pains as a starter during their first couple years in order to develop.

I guess I'm just a nice guy who just really wants to see another nice guy in Bledsoe succeed and finish his career on a high note because of how much respect I have for him. I am losing my faith and patience though, and I'm tired of being at sports bars and hearing everyone thinking he's such a bum and laughing every time he gets sacked or makes a bad play.

No matter what, I'll support whoever. Ask this question again though, at the end of the year. I'll probably have a better idea.

The King
11-15-2004, 02:50 PM
I voted yes, but to be honest, after last nights game I could have just as easily voted no. Whatever the decision is, I know I'll put a positive optomistic spin on it for myself like I do every offseason.

I'm definitely excited to see what JP can do, but I guess a big part of me still feels like Bledsoe gives us the best chance to win next year. I mean JP's about a week younger then I am, and I just can't realistically see someone my age leading a proffesional football to the playoffs, but then you look at what Roethlesberger is doing and who knows.

Even if Bledsoe is still the starter for the rest of this year and next year, I'd still like to see JP worked into the games for certain plays and situations. I don't think making him wait until 2006 to become the full time starter would slow down his learning process though. I don't really agree that QB's need to go through growing pains as a starter during their first couple years in order to develop.

I guess I'm just a nice guy who just really wants to see another nice guy in Bledsoe succeed and finish his career on a high note because of how much respect I have for him. I am losing my faith and patience though, and I'm tired of being at sports bars and hearing everyone thinking he's such a bum and laughing every time he gets sacked or makes a bad play.

No matter what, I'll support whoever. Ask this question again though, at the end of the year. I'll probably have a better idea.

Ed, Great post I feel the same way. POS REP coming your way.

FTG
11-15-2004, 03:02 PM

Don't worry..........He is not going to succeed elsewhere either.

chernobylwraiths
11-15-2004, 03:53 PM
I honestly didn't expect to see ANY yes votes.

IMO, he CAN'T win here. He would be much better off being on another team.

unpaid_bills
11-15-2004, 04:05 PM
No not next year - the Bills may lose what fans we have left if left to endure another season like this. DB needs to hang it up. He is a great guy, good in the community, nice guy, etc. but all this is getting us is losses each week. All the Drew bashing is not going to help us win a game.

PS - how about passing some blame to Donohue and the personnel staff. They are making alot of these decisions. I cant take much more of this mediocrity (that may even be a stretch). Time for heads to roll and start over again. I dont like blaming the QB for all that is wrong -- but that goes with the territory. Hopefully at this time next year we are not trying to run Losman out of town. I think Todd Collins is still available.

This may sound crazy, are there any decent QBs in the Arena League or CFL? The Rams picked Warner out of Arena, maybe a diamond in the rough. Unless they dip into the FA market next year.

Drew was a #1 pick overall - Brady a 7th rd. Enough said about the draft. That is all just potential and what the experts think.

FTG
11-15-2004, 04:14 PM
IMO, he CAN'T win here. He would be much better off being on another team.

No team is going to sign him as a starter. Not unless they hire you as thier GM

Mr. Cynical
11-15-2004, 04:16 PM
I don't know how many times I can say this, but....Drew sucks.

I also don't see how this is even a debate at this point. Season is over.. Drew is not the future (or even the present). JP is raw and needs to start getting the reps so we can have a chance next year. IMO this is one of the easiest decisions a coach could make.

FTG
11-15-2004, 04:19 PM
I don't know how many times I can say this, but....Drew sucks.

I also don't see how this is even a debate at this point. Season is over.. Drew is not the future (or even the present). JP is raw and needs to start getting the reps so we can have a chance next year. IMO this is one of the easiest decisions a coach could make.

some people think we can keep doing the same thing and somehow get differant results.

The_Philster
11-15-2004, 06:57 PM
My hope, when we drafted JP, was that he would be brought along under Drew for two seasons slowly..the way McNair was brought along. Drew just doesn't have enough left, IMO