PDA

View Full Version : When should J.P. Losman's first start be?

chernobylwraiths
11-15-2004, 12:01 PM
Since many don't want Bledsoe in there, when should J.P. Losman's first start be?

Iehoshua
11-15-2004, 12:02 PM
Let's wait 3 years and make sure he's seen all he can see... 2007 sounds like a good year.

:rofl:

Put him in next week.

Ebenezer
11-15-2004, 12:03 PM
Since many don't want Bledsoe in there, when should J.P. Losman's first start be?
11/21.

chernobylwraiths
11-15-2004, 12:05 PM
11/21.

I still don't think he is ready. I want him to practice with the first team for a couple of weeks. Cleveland might not be a sellout and publically making J.P. the starter for that game might give the fans some excitement.

Earthquake Enyart
11-15-2004, 12:20 PM
I think Drew has next week and Seattle. If we lose both, it's JP time. If Drew looks bad in Seattle, he gets pulled for JP then, but the first start is 3 games from now.

Unless Drew lays a total egg next week and gets booed off the field.

Drewpac
11-15-2004, 12:36 PM
I think Drew has next week and Seattle. If we lose both, it's JP time. If Drew looks bad in Seattle, he gets pulled for JP then, but the first start is 3 games from now.

Unless Drew lays a total egg next week and gets booed off the field.

I think you're correct. Assuming we lose the next two games then JP takes the reins against Cleveland. If we win one or both of those games his start will be pushed back even further.

Michael82
11-15-2004, 12:42 PM
The only way JP starts against the Seahawks is if Bledsoe blows chunks next week against the Rams. If he doesn't start by the Seahawk game...then JP's first start will be at home against the Browns.

TedMock
11-15-2004, 01:14 PM
Unless the coaching staff sincerely believes that JP's the better option before hand, I say immediately after the 8th loss.

FTG
11-15-2004, 03:39 PM
Why wait until we have 8 losses. Pencil in the road games as automatic losses if Bledsoe starts.(yes, even Miami) May as well start Losman now

justasportsfan
11-15-2004, 03:41 PM
As soon as the doctor gives him the go signal.

Drive 4 Five
11-15-2004, 03:42 PM
Too many politicians here. :bad: Drew needs to sit. You're right about Losman not being ready but he is never going to be ready with Drew wasting all the reps at starting quarterback. He is so done. Not that J.P. could have done any better last night, (I did not see the part of the game where he came in because I turned it off), but why continue to waste time? We still have a good nucleus of players intact, and this will give him a nice learning curve to build on for next year.

Patti120
11-15-2004, 03:59 PM
Too many politicians here. :bad: Drew needs to sit. You're right about Losman not being ready but he is never going to be ready with Drew wasting all the reps at starting quarterback. He is so done. Not that J.P. could have done any better last night, (I did not see the part of the game where he came in because I turned it off), but why continue to waste time? We still have a good nucleus of players intact, and this will give him a nice learning curve to build on for next year.

I was at the game last night and after watching Bledsoe live on the field and on the side lines, I say sit his A$$ now, I feel bad for the guy but for the love of God, he needs to take a seat regardless of whether or not J.P. makes a fool of himself...

Drive 4 Five
11-15-2004, 04:04 PM
I was at the game last night and after watching Bledsoe live on the field and on the side lines, I say sit his A$$ now, I feel bad for the guy but for the love of God, he needs to take a seat regardless of whether or not J.P. makes a fool of himself...

I could not agree with you more. How much more humiliation can our fans take? I don't know about the rest of you, but I am ashamed...really ashamed.

Mr. Cynical
11-15-2004, 04:17 PM
Easiest decision in the history of man. JP starts next week.

FTG
11-15-2004, 04:38 PM
I can't believe 2 people actually think he should not start until next year :shakeno:

chernobylwraiths
11-15-2004, 04:41 PM
I can't believe 2 people actually think he should not start until next year :shakeno:

I can only assume they are being facetious.

The_Philster
11-15-2004, 07:05 PM
I'd rather him take the field first at home...but next week is too soon....either in Miami or against Cleveland