PDA

View Full Version : They were our big three as little as two years ago.

chernobylwraiths
11-15-2004, 12:11 PM
Yes, I think we should try and trade Eric Moulds as well. This team needs to work with its young players and develop some more young players and not overpay for a receiver that probably won't see our return (if that happens) for another couple of years.

Ebenezer
11-15-2004, 12:14 PM
Yes, I think we should try and trade Eric Moulds as well. This team needs to work with its young players and develop some more young players and not overpay for a receiver that probably won't see our return (if that happens) for another couple of years.
Losman is far from ready...this team is not making the playoffs next year, imo, unless he settles down and starts to be a QB and not a DF/Slash/Vick wannabe...big debate on whether to trade Moulds...Moulds for a 1st rounder?? at least.

OpIv37
11-15-2004, 12:17 PM
I disagree- I think we need Moulds around so JP has at least one veteran receiver as a go-to guy. He's not going to learn to pay in the NFL throwing to Josh Reed and Sam Aiken.

chernobylwraiths
11-15-2004, 12:22 PM
I disagree- I think we need Moulds around so JP has at least one veteran receiver as a go-to guy. He's not going to learn to pay in the NFL throwing to Josh Reed and Sam Aiken.

I think we could get a decent veteran for a reasonable amount of money and trade Moulds to a contender for a first rounder/second rounder.

justasportsfan
11-15-2004, 12:39 PM
Nope, Moulds is suffering from Drew throwing to him. Drew tends to telegraph his intentions that he is throwing to Moulds. It also isn't Moulds fault that he is running 5-10 yd patterns because Drew doesn't have the ability to buy time for Moulds to go down the field. Granted that the OL is also at fault.

For the most part, Moulds has come down w/ the ball when Drew throws it up for a jumpball. That's how flutie made a living and Moulds having the best season of his career and the playoff record.

carybillsfan
11-15-2004, 01:17 PM
Yeah lets trade our best player on offense that'll solve all of our problems!!

TedMock
11-15-2004, 01:20 PM
I think we should keep Moulds around. While I think that he's way overrated by the local fans, I also think he's a very good WR. He's veteran and he's a good team player. Plus, we really need to see how well Evans comes along after a year. You never know what may happen in the offseason or if some stud WR is somehow available in the draft, etc. Henry and Bledsoe have seen their time as Bills, so I say get whatever we can for them through draft picks or trades. Although, I believe Drew's going to retire if we tell him that we're not keeping him.

mybills
11-15-2004, 01:30 PM
Stupid idea. If they trade Moulds, I'll die. Don't you want me to live? :ill:

chernobylwraiths
11-15-2004, 01:34 PM
Stupid idea. If they trade Moulds, I'll die. Don't you want me to live? :ill:

:scratch:

mybills
11-15-2004, 01:35 PM
:rofl:

chernobylwraiths
11-15-2004, 01:37 PM
You give some tough questions. :D

EDS
11-15-2004, 01:58 PM
I say no to the trade of Moulds. A quarterbacks development can really be hindered by an inexperienced or untalented receiver corps. A good quality number 1 receiver can help take some pressure off. Look at Boller in Baltimore, he is really held back by the lack of receiver talent. Alternatively, Leftwich benefits from the presence of Jimmy Smith. Sure the talent of the quarterback is important, but a quality receiver can make a big difference. There are only a handful of true number 1 receivers in the league. Moulds, despite his faults, is one of them.