PDA

View Full Version : Moulds

Crisis
11-15-2004, 07:51 PM
Can someone post some figures on what his contract figure looks like next year, along with the Bills chances of trading/keeping him/re-working his deal.

Any help would be appreciated, want to know where we stand next year.

casdhf
11-15-2004, 08:26 PM
He'll be a Buffalo Bill

BillsFever21
11-15-2004, 08:43 PM
I don't know the exact numbers but his salary cap figure should be very high. It will definitely outweigh his value at this point in his career.

It doesn't matter to me either way whether he returns or not. If he does that's cool and if he doesn't oh well.

I wouldn't mind having him for one more year though to help out Losman in 2005 so he's not throwing to nothing but inexperienced players.

I guess it all depends on how much it would cost to release him compared to keeping him. If we have a chance to sign a good young player with the money he would be paid or get a helpful draft pick then go for it. If not then it doesn't make any sense just dumping him for nothing.

If I remember correctly he received a 6 or 7 year contract with a 12 million dollar signing bonus 4 years ago.

Going by that means he has either 2 or 3 years left on his contract. If it's 2 years then it would cost 4 million dollars in dead money to get rid of him. If it's 3 years then it would cost around 5.2 million in dead money.

My estimated guess is his salary cap number will be around 7 million this year. We could save around 3 or 4 million by getting rid of him but then you gotta add in the cost of replacing him with somebody else too.

I'm sure Clump has a close number of what he will make next year. I'm sure he'll let us know after he reads this thread.

Jeff1220
11-15-2004, 08:52 PM
I wouldn't mind if Moulds left. He's been a good team player for the Bills, but if releasing him means saving money for other needs, and allowing EM to get a chance w/ a contender, then I'm all for it. His play is not worth the money now, but at the same time, he deserves more than the Bills will be able to give him (as far as being a contender). I'd like to see him get a chance at a ring and, during the span of the next few years, that's not likely going to be in Buffalo.

DaBills
11-15-2004, 09:39 PM
I'm not saying Moulds is a bust, but more a dissapointment. Where does the blame lay? It looks like he had more chemistry with Flutie. 2 1/2 years in with Drew and they look like it's the first day of camp sometimes.

For once, I'd LIKE to see Moulds get on Drew like TO did with McNabb. There's no life there it seems. And, it's almost like they don't where to line him up. On one hand you could say he's versatile, but it looks more like they've given up on him as the #1 deep threat in favor of 10-yard slant a-palooza.

Why open him up for those kind of hits across the middle when Evans or Shelton should be doing that?

tampabay25690
11-16-2004, 12:20 AM
I guess its just me, but I love E moulds and I think he is the best player on this team!!!!! Of course this is my opinion. Ih he had a good QB throwing to him, I think he would be in the top 3 WR in the League...