PDA

View Full Version : If Losman is named the starter next week...

Crisis
11-15-2004, 07:56 PM
How many games do we win?

Keep in mind we have a very, very weak schedule for the 2nd half of the year.

Crisis
11-15-2004, 07:56 PM
How many games do we win?

Keep in mind we have a very, very weak schedule for the 2nd half of the year.

FTG
11-15-2004, 08:00 PM
He won't be. I saw MM interviewed on Channel 2 and he said Bledsoe is the starter next week. He did sound like Drew would get pulled if he plays like he did yesterday

Crisis
11-15-2004, 08:04 PM
He won't be. I saw MM interviewed on Channel 2 and he said Bledsoe is the starter next week. He did sound like Drew would get pulled if he plays like he did yesterday

Didn't see that, thanks for the update.

But, this thread is hypothetically...

The_Philster
11-15-2004, 08:05 PM
well...Miami...maybe either Cleveland or San Fran :idunno:

The_Philster
11-15-2004, 08:06 PM
why are you posting this thread twice? :huh: This is the second thread I've seen tonight that was duplicated.

BillsFever21
11-15-2004, 08:07 PM
I don't believe we would all of a sudden start winning games if he starts but we're not gonna win many with Bledsoe starting either.

There wouldn't be a difference in the wins but at least Losman would get some valuable NFL experience to build on for 2005.

Crisis
11-15-2004, 08:08 PM
why are you posting this thread twice? :huh: This is the second thread I've seen tonight that was duplicated.

my bad, went slow and i hit the button twice.

FTG
11-15-2004, 08:12 PM
I don't believe we would all of a sudden start winning games if he starts but we're not gonna win many with Bledsoe starting either.

There wouldn't be a difference in the wins but at least Losman would get some valuable NFL experience to build on for 2005.

Exactly! There is a misconception around here that the "bledsoe bashers" think JP will be a saviour and we will immediatly start winning. We want him to play now so maybe, just maybe...............we can be competitive NEXT year

Mr. Cynical
11-16-2004, 02:03 AM
To be honest, I don't care if we lose every game that he plays in. Seriously, as long as he is getting experience and getting better, that is ALL that matters to me. The season is lost record wise. Who cares what our record is - we're not getting to the playoffs and we lost the first pick. All that matters is to get JP the reps and see if this kid is the real deal as soon as possible.

Yeah, I would love it for them to win every game but we have to be realistic here. We weren't winning with a HoF, pro-bowl QB like Drew, so we can't expect to win with a raw rookie like JP. (cough)

djjimkelly
11-16-2004, 02:33 AM
To be honest, I don't care if we lose every game that he plays in. Seriously, as long as he is getting experience and getting better, that is ALL that matters to me. The season is lost record wise. Who cares what our record is - we're not getting to the playoffs and we lost the first pick. All that matters is to get JP the reps and see if this kid is the real deal as soon as possible.
)

i agree with you 100% losman playing this year isnt about winning or losing its about trying to get a cohesive unit for next year. the biggest parallel we can look at in the league right now is the bengals. yes carson palmer did look lost his first id say 5-6 games but in what ive seen from him over the last 2 weeks he is making strides. hes not playing at a pro bowl caliber by any means but he is steadily improving. another great example would be the jags with leftwich last year he gained tons of experience and this year so far it paid dividends( of course a diff qb played last week but im talking the weeks before that)

im not expecting losman to be a world beater this year hell prolly not even next. i just want to see that glimmer of hope that we are and he is for most part growing into becoming a real team!

Marvelous
11-16-2004, 02:53 AM
He is miles away grom being able to do anything imo. He looked like he had no clue. Granted he was a nervous wreck but imo he needs a few weeks practice, and maybe play a little here/there etc.

If we do dump Drew this offseason to me it's a HUGE priority to get a good backup. So what if he cost us $$. For a backup i'd like to get a Tony Banks or Mike Mcmahan, Jeff Blake. A QB that has the exp and has some mobility or the awareness to throw it quick. I can't deal with another season with the same ******ed QB problems :crazy: