PDA

View Full Version : Does MM's calm, casual demeanor bother anyone else?

Jeff1220
11-15-2004, 08:57 PM
I like to keep hoping that he can be a very good coach in the future, but it kills me to see him in interviews. He really seems to lack intensity and fire. You'd think that, after a game like last night, he'd be a bit more fired up. Of course, he might be like that behind closed doors, then turn it off for the media, but who knows?
I guess Bill Bilichek doesn't really seem like a ball of fire either, and he seems to be doing okay.

imbondz
11-15-2004, 09:00 PM
I guess Bill Bilichek doesn't really seem like a ball of fire either, and he seems to be doing okay.

that's cuz he's winning

TacklingDummy
11-15-2004, 09:01 PM
This offense makes me miss the GW/ Kevin Gilbride coached teams.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-15-2004, 09:17 PM
This offense makes me miss the GW/ Kevin Gilbride coached teams.

If you want to see Gregg Williams go to Washington!!! If you want to see Killdrive go to NY!!! I think Malarkey is doing an excellent job for what he's got to work with he's better than Gregg Williams and Kevin Killdrive!!!!

Crisis
11-15-2004, 09:20 PM
Gregg is an amazing defensive coordinator, but that's all he'll ever be.

finsrclowns
11-15-2004, 09:57 PM
I like to keep hoping that he can be a very good coach in the future, but it kills me to see him in interviews. He really seems to lack intensity and fire. You'd think that, after a game like last night, he'd be a bit more fired up. Of course, he might be like that behind closed doors, then turn it off for the media, but who knows?

After a game like last night, there are no words that seem meaningful, no matter how they are spoken. Mularkey is doing the best he can in interviews. This is a new thing to him and he's not a colorful personality to begin with, not that I think that matters much.

You're right about Belichick. He's as boring as Nascar. But he had his team incredibly well prepared for what we wanted to do on offense. Their goal was to force McGahee inside on the run, jump the short pass routes and double the deep ball. What would have been open is the intermediate routes, but Bellichick knew full well the Bills have given up on those routes after giving up like 100 sacks in the first month of the season because we can't pass block for 4 seconds unless we max protect. So we were completely blown up.

Regrettably, as has happened before with BB, other teams will see this blue print and defense us the same way. Bledsoe played terrible, but the biggest problem on this team is the OL and that problem is unfixable this year.

unpaid_bills
11-15-2004, 10:56 PM
Yeah makes me mad as hell. I think they need a tough no nonsense guy. Who rips a new one into these guys. They need to start playing like their jobs are on the line. I see no consistency or fire in these guys, and this is their job and livliehood.

Dannyboy
11-15-2004, 11:17 PM
Malarkey just got raped in public. He is in shock :shocked:

Mr. Cynical
11-16-2004, 01:50 AM
Yes, his demeanor bothers me. He doesn't have the fire like guys like Del Rio, Cowher, etc., so we can only hope he has that "quiet genius" of a Belichick. However, so far I have not seen any genius to his calls and the team certainly is not playing disciplined or inspired ball....two things that reflect heavily on the coach. He is a rookie so he gets some slack. But to be honest, if we don't see some improvement by the end of the season I really wish Ralph would flush the TD regime down the ****ter and start over. After 4 brutal years, it has got to stop.