PDA

View Full Version : I understand it was Losman's first action as a rookie

BillsFever21
11-15-2004, 09:25 PM
For starters let me say this isn't a Losman bashing thread. I had my heart set on Big Ben but we can't turn back time. This is our rookie 1st round pick and hopefully will be our future QB for the next 10 years.

Now that I have that out of the way lets get to the subject at hand which is about his interception last night. This may have been the most putrid interception in NFL history. I know it's the most pathetic one I can remember in my lifetime.

I don't care if it's a rookie seeing his first action there isn't any excuse I can possibly think of to justify that play. It doesn't take experience in the NFL for that play not to happen.

That's a play you might see in a High School football game if you're lucky. There wasn't any Bills player around him at all. He just flat out threw it right to him. There isn't any excuse in the world(and we've heard plenty of thim over the last 2.5 years with Bledsoe) that you could think of for breaking down that play.

Hopefully he was just freaked out as hell and was possessed by demons that he had no control over. I just hope this isn't a sign of things to come about his football intelligence and awareness as an NFL QB. We have seen enough dumb QB's over the last 6 years with Johnson and Bledsoe.

A smart QB with accuracy makes the best NFL QB's. A QB who can make smart decisions and have great accuracy to make the throws is the kind of QB I desire.

QB's like Manning, Brady and Pennington are a few that come to mind. There are many more physically talented QB's around that can't hold their jockstrap. They don't have the speed or arm strength as others but they are always prepared to play and study the game. These guys are football wizards that can think on the fly and knows where to throw the football and control the game.

Guys like Vick, Bledsoe, Jeff George and yes even Rob Johnson are certain players that are/were physical specimens but a big rock inside their head.

Losman has all the tools but will he have it upstairs? I guess only time will tell. Lets hope for the best.

DaBills
11-15-2004, 09:30 PM
J.P.'s INT was no more disgusting than Henry's fumbles his first year in key scoring drives.

Jeff1220
11-15-2004, 09:38 PM
That pick was pretty bad. I'd brush it off as him being completely freaked out. I think, was it, Bruschi was waving his arms and JP, for that second, might have thought he was a Bill :scared: Hopefully nothing even close to resembling that play will ever happen to JPL again.

finsrclowns
11-15-2004, 10:17 PM
That was a superior effort by a superior team last night. Man for man the only two guys I can think of that outplayed their counterparts were Moorman and Jonathan Smith. We lost every other matchup and I mean every other one. JP is raw and he was probably nervous as hell after having watched 4 quarters of that train wreck. If I was Mularkey the first thing I'd do Monday morning is do a ceremonial burning of that tape, start to finish, tell the players their coach was outcoached (he was) and then get back to work. Microanalyzing a garbage time handful of plays by a green rookie in a disaster of a game isn't too meaningful IMHO.

DaBills
11-15-2004, 10:19 PM
If that INT scared you, I cringed when Jim Kelly used to throw the shuffle pass in key situations, and a lot of those were INT's thrown right into the hands of defenders.

Ickybaluky
11-15-2004, 11:38 PM
Guys like Vick, Bledsoe, Jeff George and yes even Rob Johnson are certain players that are/were physical specimens but a big rock inside their head.

Dog Vick all you want, and admittedly there are times he looks completely lost, but his record as a starter is pretty good. It isn't like he has played for the NFL's best team.

Facts are:

- He carried Atlanta to the playoffs a couple years ago.
- He missed last year and the Falcons were awful
- He returns this year, and they are winning again

Granted, his numbers aren't always impressive, but the guy wins.

HAMMER
11-16-2004, 12:43 AM
That pick was pretty bad. I'd brush it off as him being completely freaked out. I think, was it, Bruschi was waving his arms and JP, for that second, might have thought he was a Bill :scared: Hopefully nothing even close to resembling that play will ever happen to JPL again.

I think that is exactly what happened, that is why Losman was laughing as he left the field, he knew it was a fluke, pretty funny if you ask me. But don't let anyone else here know that, they take every play VERY seriously. According to many here, he is already a bust! :roflmao:

Mr. Cynical
11-16-2004, 01:40 AM
And I thought I was cynical. :snicker:

Relax. Those few snaps meant absolutely nothing.