PDA

View Full Version : Quotes from MM and Drew

unpaid_bills
11-15-2004, 10:50 PM
Quote of the Day from Mullarkey on Bledsoe

"I think he just threw some poor balls. He did not play as well as he needed for us to win." Well that explains it for me.

Bledsoe quote of the day "I know its not my first rodeo" (about being possibly benched for Losman) --- What the F**k is that mean? He looked like a rodeo (or at least something at the rodeo) = cow****.

Talk about beating around the bush. Mularkey needs to grow some nads. Speak the truth, that was possibly the worst performance ever for a QB. That is saying alot considering the horrible games Drew has had here in his tenure.

I am curious at what point Takeo, Fletch or someone calls him out, and starts the finger pointing. I honestly feel bad for Drew, it is sad to see such a one time great player go out like this. Kind of like watching Thurman play on the Dolphins.

cordog
11-16-2004, 12:15 AM

"I think he just threw some poor balls. He did not play as well as he needed for us to win." Well that explains it for me.

Bledsoe quote of the day "I know its not my first rodeo" (about being possibly benched for Losman) --- What the F**k is that mean? He looked like a rodeo (or at least something at the rodeo) = cow****.

Talk about beating around the bush. Mularkey needs to grow some nads. Speak the truth, that was possibly the worst performance ever for a QB. That is saying alot considering the horrible games Drew has had here in his tenure.

I am curious at what point Takeo, Fletch or someone calls him out, and starts the finger pointing. I honestly feel bad for Drew, it is sad to see such a one time great player go out like this. Kind of like watching Thurman play on the Dolphins.

MM grow some nads? Come on. Would you rather have a guy like Mora Sr. who goes nuts?

Mr. Cynical
11-16-2004, 01:46 AM
I agree unpaid. I'm starting to get more than a little concerned with MM's lack of a spine.

northernbillfan
11-16-2004, 04:23 AM
It's typical mumbo jumble from anyone who does a post game press conference. They say the same old cliches over and over again.

don137
11-16-2004, 06:21 AM

Players and coaches don't and shouldn't call out players and finger point publicly. Keep it behind closed doors. It does no good whatsoever except to appease a few fans.

pats-were-right
11-16-2004, 06:53 AM
Bledsoe's post game comments (not just the ones above but the several others I've heard) sound eerily familiar to the ones he used to make after a bad game here. I mean, the bottom line is this guy just never advanced beyond the "he's learning" stage, yet he's 33 *******ing years old.

Beginning in the late 90's (the point where "he's still learning" was no longer a valid excuse) he's gone from potential hall of famer to a poor man's Vinny Testaverde, and I'm sorry for you guys, and whatever sucker team gets him next year (no it won't be Dallas - contrary to media mumblings Parcells has never considered him).

StillLurkin
11-16-2004, 08:28 AM
IMO, drew is a class individual, and was one hell of a QB, but his time has passed. Its time for a change, it's time to turn the reigns over to JP. the season is pretty much tanked, let the rookie get some good game experience, so maybe he'll be further along next year. its just sad to see drew going out the way he is.

TedMock
11-16-2004, 08:40 AM
I think MM's just kind of riding this through. To question his coaching tactics and whether or not he has a set of marbles is a little crazy. I mean I understand it, but all we're seeing is the same old rhetoric that most coaches give at the podium. We have no idea what he's saying in closed practices, meetings, etc. I'm willing to bet that he's not telling everybody that they're doing well and trying hard. Parcells uses the media to motivate, but most others don't. I really don't know why, but I have a feeling that MM will get this turned around. I actually like his demeanor. He's not a screamer, but he doesn't come across as soft either. Jacksonville was 3-6 at this point last year under rookie head coach, Jack Del Rio. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that Mularky is cut from the same mold.

TigerJ
11-16-2004, 08:49 AM
I'd love to know what MM is really thinking. He can't be as sanguine as his postgame comments make him sound. The question really is, what does he do behind closed doors. If he is as noncommital there as he is when talking to the press, then I agree, he has to grow a spine. We're never going to know, however, until or unless he takes some definitive action that reveals his true thoughts. I don't particularly mind his "coachspeak" at news conferences, knowing how common it is across the league, but is sure would be refreshing to hear a "Parcells" once in a while. "We stunk."

OpIv37
11-16-2004, 09:01 AM
I am curious at what point Takeo, Fletch or someone calls him out, and starts the finger pointing.

For 5 of the six losses, anyone on the defense would have had the right to do this (except McGee- the guy can't cover). However, the D blew this game just as much as Drew did. Again, I'm not trying to make excuses for Drew- he flat-out sucked against the Pats. Just saying that during this particular game, the D was no better.

Michael82
11-16-2004, 01:59 PM
I'd love to know what MM is really thinking. He can't be as sanguine as his postgame comments make him sound. The question really is, what does he do behind closed doors. If he is as noncommital there as he is when talking to the press, then I agree, he has to grow a spine. We're never going to know, however, until or unless he takes some definitive action that reveals his true thoughts. I don't particularly mind his "coachspeak" at news conferences, knowing how common it is across the league, but is sure would be refreshing to hear a "Parcells" once in a while. "We stunk."
It's not working with Parcells though.

unpaid_bills
11-16-2004, 03:01 PM
All good points. I just think with the losing attitude and all the mistakes week after week, they need something said. Like someone said im sure behind closed doors its a different story.

How long do they stay with Drew? If he is not the only person not performing lets try something get someone in there who does not make those mistakes. They just need to get the right chemistry. These past two seasons have been hard, just when you think things are looking up - a game like this and all the setbacks