X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

How many of you just dont give a crap?

i am at the point now where i dont care..

i am tired of all the posts on the board being critical.. i know i contribute.. but we are shredding everyone on the team now.. from GM to kicker..

it is not fun to be a fan at all.. i dont feel hopeful about much at this point.. i hate half the players on this team.. and overall the team is just an embarassment.. and has been for YEARS now.. nothing has changed.. nothing will change..

all the time wasted looking up draft info, doing writeups, devoting time to roundtables and radio shows.. it is all just a waste.. i bet the actual players care less than us fans.

the whole thing just makes me sick. shame that the NHL is busy ruining their sport.. and i hate basketball and baseball..

all i lookforward to is virginia tech football.. screw the rest.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

Unfortunately I agree with you. I found myself watching more of the Philly/Dal game tonight... and those are the 2 teams I hate the most in the entire NFL, besides Miami.

There's nothing to be hopeful for as far as a Bills fan is concerned. Year after year of disappointment.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

As bad as it's been and as bad as it is right now, I never get tired of it. The day I get tired of being a Buffalo Bills fan is the day I die. Sorry you feel differently, but that's how I feel.

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
        As bad as it's been and as bad as it is right now, I never get tired of it. The day I get tired of being a Buffalo Bills fan is the day I die. Sorry you feel differently, but that's how I feel.
        must be nice.

i remember when i used to feel that way.. i guess my priorities are slowly starting to change.. thanks TD and company.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

You know I certainly dont take the losses all that hard when you are out of playoff contention but I still love football. I tune in every week because there is a chance that you will get to see something new something you haven't seen before and with the exception of 2 games this year this Bills team has kept things exciting granted we ended up on the short end of the stick in every close game we have played, but dammit I would boot myself in the face if we had pulled one of those games out at the last second and I missed it. I understand your frustrations but for someone who has 11,000+ posts I would expect it would take more than 2 blow outs to make you lose interest.

We have tons of potential and lots of young guys still developing to lose interest now would be like walking out of the movie Cast Away after Tom Hanks had been on the Island for 10 minutes. We have some exciting football ahead of us, not every game is going to be a win, hell this season most games wont be, but I will be sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens next. Thats Football.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• don137
            • Jul 2002

I do feel many players care more about the paycheck and their individual stats over the team and winning the game (i.e. Clements trying to make an interception against Jacksonville on fourth down instead of knocking the ball down to preserve the win). I feel fans are much more passionate about the game then the players.

My priorites have changed since having two kids but the year over year losing does wear on a fan. Nothing cheers me up more than seeing a smile on my boys after another loss. It's hard to be as up for a team week after week that has been all but mathmatically eliminated from the playoffs by the mid point of the season for the last four years. It sucks when half the season you are basically playing out the schedule.

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by don137
              I do feel many players care more about the paycheck and their individual stats over the team and winning the game (i.e. Clements trying to make an interception against Jacksonville on fourth down instead of knocking the ball down to preserve the win). I feel fans are much more passionate about the game then the players.
              This is exactly why I voted for Drew to remain the starter in yesterdays poll, I feel like no matter what the circumstance he always has the Teams best interest in mind. That is a rare thing in Football in sports even. And I do believe that passion will get him a ring.
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                must be nice.

i remember when i used to feel that way.. i guess my priorities are slowly starting to change.. thanks TD and company.
                This is not the time to make such a decision.
                Especially if there are significant events going on in the real world or personal lives.

Everyone should take a deep breath and form no conclusions after the debacle.

Comment

• ryjam282
                  Offical Billszone Starting QB
                  • Mar 2003

i am at the point now where i dont care..

i am tired of all the posts on the board being critical.. i know i contribute.. but we are shredding everyone on the team now.. from GM to kicker..

Come on T, all of us here are still on the Brian Moorman bandwagon, he is the best punter in the NFL.

I have to agree with you somewhat, I do get tired of this same ole' crap. I feel like we are the Bengels, like no matter who we are playing, I can just hear the opposing teams fans saying.."It's the Bills, no big deal, we'll get a win". I don't like that crap. But, I will still tune in every week and pray we can win a few more. If for nothing else then to make sure Bill Parcells doesn't get a top 5 pick from us next year.

Ryan Withey
                  Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• pats-were-right
                    Just paint a target on my forehead
                    • Dec 2003

You have a decent team. Your season, IMHO, is a mirror image of our 2000 season where we had some pieces in place but were just disjointed.

Get yourself a good "field manager" QB and you'll improve drastically. I haven't (nor has anyone) seen enough of Losman to know whether he's the guy but he certainly could be.

"You know who" can be a good QB with a first rate oline, receivers, and RB, and if the moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars. . . my point being absent perfect conditions he turns from competent to making a team look a lot worse than what it is.

Comment

• Patti120
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by don137
                      I do feel many players care more about the paycheck and their individual stats over the team and winning the game (i.e. Clements trying to make an interception against Jacksonville on fourth down instead of knocking the ball down to preserve the win). I feel fans are much more passionate about the game then the players. .

That's the difference between our team and team's like NE (an O line would help too). I hope we are incorrect but we are never going to make it to the next level unless we get team players in here who just want to win, and are willing to do whatever it takes to do so. I really hope that we have a skewed perception on the Bills players b/c they are not winning and that this is not in fact what is really going on.

I'm definitely very discouraged and embarassed right now being a Bills fan but hey what the hell else is new. The last 2 years I've gone to the Bills game when they play in NE and I think I'm going to take next year off. Maybe they will actually win and maybe I won't have to experience the nauseating (spelling??) feeling that I've gotten while at Foxboro the last 2 years.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                        • Jan 2003

must be nice.

Getting older, your priorities SHOULD change. For me, family will always come first. But if I can, I will watch as many games as possible. I love football, but my mood on Monday's isn't as gloomy as it once was after a loss.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
                          I understand your frustrations but for someone who has 11,000+ posts I would expect it would take more than 2 blow outs to make you lose interest.
                          it is not just 2 blowouts.. this goes all the way back to a taking erik flowers with our first round pick.. we have been a total joke since then.. qb controversies... with flutie and rj stabbing each other in the back.. to bledsoe being the biggest joke in the nfl.. our offense averaging under 2 tds a game for over 2 years.. the areas of need not being address.. just everything..

the team is a joke.. the bills are one of the worst teams in the nfl.. by the time the young talent is ready to step up and has a supporting cast around them, it will be time for them to go into free agency.. no matter what.. TD is still running the show, and he has proved that he can not build a team.. he had one good draft in pittsburg and the benefit of a great coach that put a contender on the field.. but he has contributed very little for over 6-7 years.. and ralph is going to be dead and this team is going to be moved before it wins a superbowl.

reality sucks.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Jul 2002

I have started to wonder why I'm paying for Sunday Ticket.

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
                              This is exactly why I voted for Drew to remain the starter in yesterdays poll, I feel like no matter what the circumstance he always has the Teams best interest in mind. That is a rare thing in Football in sports even. And I do believe that passion will get him a ring.
                              Drew is one player who I never questioned his heart or interest. That is why it is hard to criticize him but we need players with heart and talent. It's hard to find players with heart and talent. As mentioned the Pats have heart and talennt and do what is best for their team. If heart was all you needed then half of these posters would be on the team.

Comment

Working...
                              X