PDA

View Full Version : Let's find some GOOD coming out of this game...

OpIv37
11-16-2004, 07:58 AM
I'm sick of all the negativity, and coming from a self-proclaimed pessimist, that's a bold statement. So let's come up with as many positive items about this game/team as we can. Cynics (you know who you are)- please save it for the other threads.

1. Jonathan Smith showed some potential
2. Sam Adams played well
3. Even though they came at horrible times in the game, less penalties (and the officiating crew on duty averages 18 flags a game).

I know there's not much, but try to keep them coming.

chernobylwraiths
11-16-2004, 08:09 AM
We the offense barely being on the field, there was a lot less wear and tear on players like Evans and McGahee. :D

McGee had us starting around our 30 for each possesion except the first.

mchurchfie
11-16-2004, 08:34 AM
Donahoe is hopefully another step closer to getting Ralph's boot.:pray:

The King
11-16-2004, 08:39 AM
I thought Milloy played solid

OpIv37
11-16-2004, 08:57 AM
Thanks guys- this helps. I'm really down on this team right now, but all the negativity is getting to me. I need at least a miniscule amount of hope for football to be fun.

Drewpac
11-16-2004, 08:58 AM
It motivated me to make a bucket of homemade chicken wings. YUMMMMMMM...

Tatonka
11-16-2004, 09:09 AM
we didnt get blown out 31-0.

Ed
11-16-2004, 09:24 AM
Greer and Baker seemed to get more playing time in the secondary. I know they didn't play great and one of them slipped on one of the TD passes, but the experience will be good for them because I think both have a bright future with the team.

I know Josh Reed hasn't really done anything this year, and a lot of people are down on him, but I think his eventual return will make our team better. I think he still has a bright future too and I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of connection him and JP can make.

Our ST's still looked good and looks like they will be good for years to come.

There weren't any serious injuries, and with the return of Vincent possible this week, we could be heading into the final stretch with a very healthy roster.

I know our efforts against the Pats were hugely dissapointing, but it is still the Pats and I don't think they've lost at home since 2002. For whatever reasons they seem to have something really special going on there and I'm not going to get to down on the Bills just because they weren't able to measure up to them.

justasportsfan
11-16-2004, 09:25 AM
The refs were on our side this time and it still didn't help.

DraftBoy
11-16-2004, 09:38 AM
-Rashaud Baker made two great plays at FS, and got wrongly flagged for one, which was BS

-McGee looked good on KO's, and Smith made up for his idiot penalty last week with his PR this week

-Losman felt what a NFL hit is like, he looked healthy with the ability to scramble, and he got NFL exp no matter how bad, but here is the thing I really really liked about the game, after he threw the pick he looked pissed off at himself, in fact he was talking to himself as he walked to the sideline, he knows it was all on him, and he was mad. It shows to me that fire he had while at Tulane something I was hoping wouldnt get hurt by the injury. Also did anybody else notice that Drew was the 1st one on the sideline waiting for Losman to get off so he could talk to him and calm him down, that says alot to me, and another posistive

-Moulds continues to catch balls, unfortunately he dropped some too

-Edwards continues to show that he may be able to replace Big Pat in the offseason

-Moorman played well

chernobylwraiths
11-16-2004, 09:39 AM
The refs were on our side this time and it still didn't help.

Except on that pass interference call.

The King
11-16-2004, 10:03 AM
-Losman felt what a NFL hit is like, he looked healthy with the ability to scramble, and he got NFL exp no matter how bad, but here is the thing I really really liked about the game, after he threw the pick he looked pissed off at himself, in fact he was talking to himself as he walked to the sideline, he knows it was all on him, and he was mad. It shows to me that fire he had while at Tulane something I was hoping wouldnt get hurt by the injury. Also did anybody else notice that Drew was the 1st one on the sideline waiting for Losman to get off so he could talk to him and calm him down, that says alot to me, and another posistive

Bledsoe still holds a ton of value to the team in that regard. Whether he gets pulled or not he will guide Losman the best he can.

djjimkelly
11-16-2004, 10:08 AM
i know lol i might get cursed for this view lol but i actually think the line on pass protection anyway played a decent game. drew lol had time this week but he just didnt use it well lol.

TedMock
11-16-2004, 10:12 AM
Bledsoe still holds a ton of value to the team in that regard. Whether he gets pulled or not he will guide Losman the best he can.

That's actually a great point. It was nice to hear Brady mention Bledsoe's teachings on Sunday night, and how they helped shape his career. He's a class act who knows darn well that his time has passed. He's not an idiot, he knows what to do on the field, he's just not physically capable of doing it in today's NFL. Even the 'non-mobile' QB's can move a little. We've all seen Brady, Favre, Trent Green, Manning, etc. motor down field when necessary. Drew's of the old "Huge O-line, step up, throw, and never run" variety. He also seems to have lost some of the competitive spirit he once had. I was watching a NE v. Jets game on ESPN classic, and I noticed that he was much more vocal in 1996 than he is now. Anyway, maybe having him around later in the year, once JP gets the nod, will be a tremendous blessing in that regard. It seems as if he has the know-how and the ability to teach, so maybe he plays a little role in JP's development into a great QB, like he did with Brady. He's obviously not solely responsible for Brady, but if a veteran QB is there for a little guidance, it sure helps with development.

Jeff1220
11-16-2004, 10:41 AM
i know lol i might get cursed for this view lol but i actually think the line on pass protection anyway played a decent game. drew lol had time this week but he just didnt use it well lol.

See my thread about the sky cam. Even when they gave him a few seconds, there were no lanes to throw the ball.

Cntrygal
11-16-2004, 07:04 PM
kick return. :up:

casdhf
11-16-2004, 09:04 PM
I think Baker is gonna be a play maker. He reminds me of Kurt Schultz...not fast, not strong, but always around the ball.

Forward_Lateral
11-16-2004, 09:30 PM
I thought Baker played well, maybe well enough to start next week.
Moorman is the best punter in the NFL, Tim Lecler can suck a duck.
Losman got to see that the NFL is a big boy's game, not that crap he played at Tulane, so now he will be better prepared for next time.
I didn't have a heart attack, which may not be encouraging to you, but it is to me!