• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bulldog
    Top Dog
    • Jan 2003

QB changes(Bills related)

If the Giants, who are 5-4 and very much in the hunt for a playoff spot, can bench Warner in favor of Manning, why won't the Bills bench Bledsoe?

This is really starting to get rediculous. Buffalo has almost no chance of making the playoffs, but yet they continue to trot a defeated Bledsoe onto the field. I realize that JP will make his fair share of mistakes, but why prolong the inevitable? And I don't want to hear this crap about Bledsoe gives the Bills the best chance to win. How can Losman play any worse than the latest gem that Bledsoe blessed us all with? Given the proper time and reps to prepare, Losman certainly can do no worse than the whopping 14.1 QB rating Bledsoe posted against NE. Let the Losman era begin!
    I only drink when I'm alone or with others.
  • BuffaloJayhawk
    • Aug 2004

ok lets look at this. Losman has barely practiced, so let's throw him to the wolves, probalby kill his career, and we end up picking a new qb in 3 years. does that sound logical? NO. If I were to bench Crapsoe now I would do it for Matthews, at least he knows the nfl. He may suck but he's had more expirences so no.

Plus the Bills have the chance allbeit as much of a chance as I have to score, to go undefeated these next four games. So by changing QB's you tell everyone, well we suck right now, don't come to the game, don't watch us.
    http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• ScottLawrence
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Bulldog
      If the Giants, who are 5-4 and very much in the hunt for a playoff spot, can bench Warner in favor of Manning, why won't the Bills bench Bledsoe?

This is really starting to get rediculous. Buffalo has almost no chance of making the playoffs, but yet they continue to trot a defeated Bledsoe onto the field. I realize that JP will make his fair share of mistakes, but why prolong the inevitable? And I don't want to hear this crap about Bledsoe gives the Bills the best chance to win. How can Losman play any worse than the latest gem that Bledsoe blessed us all with? Given the proper time and reps to prepare, Losman certainly can do no worse than the whopping 14.1 QB rating Bledsoe posted against NE. Let the Losman era begin!

TD's got Mularkey on a leash.
      You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by BuffaloJayhawk
        ok lets look at this. Losman has barely practiced, so let's throw him to the wolves, probalby kill his career, and we end up picking a new qb in 3 years. does that sound logical? NO. If I were to bench Crapsoe now I would do it for Matthews, at least he knows the nfl. He may suck but he's had more expirences so no.

Plus the Bills have the chance allbeit as much of a chance as I have to score, to go undefeated these next four games. So by changing QB's you tell everyone, well we suck right now, don't come to the game, don't watch us.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• TedMock
          • Jul 2002

I think he (Losman) has to start getting some reps in practice, but by no way should he be thrown into a starting role after two weeks of practice. That could seriously damage his entire career. Even in preseason he played primarily with the third unit, whereas Manning and Warner alternated games with the starters. JP's leg can't be 100% yet either. His time will come, but I'd wait a couple of more weeks. I'm not saying wait until next season, just wait until he can get a few practices under his belt.

Comment

• Bulldog
            Top Dog
            • Jan 2003

No, I think you say that the current QB isn't getting it done and we need to go in another direction. I really think that the fans in Buffalo would be more willing to watch a young rookie struggle then watch a defeated veteran continue to make the same mistakes over and over again! And why would throwing Losman into the mix kill his career? Lets not act like he would be the first rookie QB in the history of the NFL to start under less than desireable conditions. The longer Buffalo waits, the longer they delay the learning curve Losman will need to become a functional QB, something Buffalo hasn't seen in quite some time now.
            I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Bulldog
              No, I think you say that the current QB isn't getting it done and we need to go in another direction. I really think that the fans in Buffalo would be more willing to watch a young rookie struggle then watch a defeated veteran continue to make the same mistakes over and over again! And why would throwing Losman into the mix kill his career? Lets not act like he would be the first rookie QB in the history of the NFL to start under less than desireable conditions. The longer Buffalo waits, the longer they delay the learning curve Losman will need to become a functional QB, something Buffalo hasn't seen in quite some time now.
              People smarter than me at football have agknowledged that you don't throw a rookie to the fire like that. So you're saying that the Bills fans want to just say "screw the season let's see the rookie?" I doubt that. The Fish have fans that are that stupid. YOu are really saying that Bills fans are stupid by saying that. Now I know it's an opinion, but I just don't get it.

Phil Simms has said time and again that he would have played longer if he had not gotten his brains beaten in in his rookie year. Steve Young, who's brains are scrambled anyway, has also said that his first year in Tampa really set his career back.
              http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TedMock
                I think he (Losman) has to start getting some reps in practice, but by no way should he be thrown into a starting role after two weeks of practice. That could seriously damage his entire career. Even in preseason he played primarily with the third unit, whereas Manning and Warner alternated games with the starters. JP's leg can't be 100% yet either. His time will come, but I'd wait a couple of more weeks. I'm not saying wait until next season, just wait until he can get a few practices under his belt.

Completely agree 100%!!! He's gotta have time to see the system develop around him in practice. Im sure by now he knows the playbook, and knows who should be were but he hasnt seen it yet from behind center. He needs more practice. Id say he's atleast 2-3 weeks out, now I dont mind giving him garabage time PT. But I dont want to see him starting for 2-3 weeks because its vital he understands and sees the system.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

BTW...this is a very idiotic and risky move by the Giants. The NY media is putting Tom Coughlin over hot coals right now for this move. They are in the playoff hunt at 4-5 right now. Who's to say that Eli will even do anything? Hell, I say this move might have knocked them out of the playoffs and I love it. If the Bills were 4-5 and in the NFC...I'd be pissed if Mike Mularkey did that.

Comment

• ticatfan
                    The Meathead of Muslims!
                    • Jul 2002

The montreal allouettes are the strongest team by far in the league, they played their starting QB every moment of the season. At least 6 of those games were blow outs, but they kept callvilo in at all times. Well last week in the eastern final,(winner goes to the Grey cup) the QB goes down with an popped shoulder, in comes the rookie ted white, in 2 years he has thrown 25 passes, well montreal is now heading south to the golf courses and toronto is going to the cup. You have to give the other guy some reps no matter what to have a back up you can count on.
                    Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
                    Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                      BTW...this is a very idiotic and risky move by the Giants. The NY media is putting Tom Coughlin over hot coals right now for this move. They are in the playoff hunt at 4-5 right now. Who's to say that Eli will even do anything? Hell, I say this move might have knocked them out of the playoffs and I love it. If the Bills were 4-5 and in the NFC...I'd be pissed if Mike Mularkey did that.
                      Based on the results by both teams, I would trust Couglin over MM to know what he's doing. His Giants have way lesser talent than the bills and yet seems to be doing better than Mularkey.

Neither you nor I know what goes on during practices for Coughlin to make this move. Only time will tell. I would like JP to go out there as soon as he is completely healthy.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Steve Young, who's brains are scrambled anyway, has also said that his first year in Tampa really set his career back.
                        As long as JP get's us at least 1 sb ring even if he ends up like Young, I say go for it.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ticatfan
                          The montreal allouettes are the strongest team by far in the league, they played their starting QB every moment of the season. At least 6 of those games were blow outs, but they kept callvilo in at all times. Well last week in the eastern final,(winner goes to the Grey cup) the QB goes down with an popped shoulder, in comes the rookie ted white, in 2 years he has thrown 25 passes, well montreal is now heading south to the golf courses and toronto is going to the cup. You have to give the other guy some reps no matter what to have a back up you can count on.
                          CFL doesn't even come close to the NFL

Comment

• jamze132
                            • Jun 2003

Your views on letting JP start are a little distorted. I seriously doubt that JP is being "thrown to the wolves". He has just as good if not better chance to win than Drew. And as far as the "throwing to the wolves" analogy, wouldn't he be "thrown to the wolves" whenever you decide he should start? I guess i was "thrown to the wolves" in peewee league.

Comment

• cordog
                              eat, drink, and be merry
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by jamze132
                              Your views on letting JP start are a little distorted. I seriously doubt that JP is being "thrown to the wolves". He has just as good if not better chance to win than Drew. And as far as the "throwing to the wolves" analogy, wouldn't he be "thrown to the wolves" whenever you decide he should start? I guess i was "thrown to the wolves" in peewee league.
                              Your wrong, Drew has a better chance to win. While drew hasnt played well, JP has never read an NFL defense, audibled, etc, etc. Hes very very raw.

Comment

Working...
                              X