PDA

View Full Version : McGahee on ESPNews

Romes
11-16-2004, 04:20 PM
WM is about to be interviewed by Sean Salsbury. I'll post some notes after it is finished.

Romes
11-16-2004, 04:32 PM
Most of stuff we already heard.

-knee is good not great
-last year he had a tough time watching and sitting on the bench
-but it was good for him to take a year off and strengthen his knee
-you won't see the McGahee from college until next year (this is good news he is still getting 100 yds at 80-85%)
- offense right now lacks confidence and heart (he had a hard time answering the question: what is wrong with the offense?)
- him and travis are good friends. he hangs out with him all the time at his house.
- he would like Travis to stay in Buffalo next year for that 1-2 punch

northernbillfan
11-16-2004, 04:35 PM
Eric Moulds said similar things about TH and WM after the Jets win. Moulds was interviewed post game on ESPN and said that there is no animosity in the locker room between McGahee and Henry. They are great friends and each of them understand their roles.

Cntrygal
11-16-2004, 07:20 PM
So maybe the media is the problem? Nah, couldn't be that. Why would WM and EM tell such blatent lies?

DraftBoy
11-16-2004, 07:35 PM
So maybe the media is the problem? Nah, couldn't be that. Why would WM and EM tell such blatent lies?

They are being paid too!! CONSPIRACY THEORY!!!

EDS
11-16-2004, 07:41 PM
TD told them to! (this joke is for the conspiracy theorists out there)

It will be interesting to see how McGahee progresses. He has show good power and awareness to date, so it will be even more exciting when he adds some more speed and explosiveness next year as the knee improves.

Charlieguide
11-16-2004, 10:54 PM
I'm becoming more and more convinced that TH will stay with us. He hasn't looked great this year, so selling a trade will be tough. There are several other RB's available that have shined bright when called upon (six off the top of my head), and not as many teams looking for a trade. If they get along that well, and TH is a lifelong Bills fan, we have a good setup for the new -- and improved -- Thurman Thomas/Kenneth Davis combo. And they're eerily similar: WM and TT are versatile backs, while KD and TH are hard-hitting, up the middle runners.

Willis is certainly drawing attention, and showing great potential both on and off the field. Sounds like he'll be even better on-field next year. And I like his answer: he gave a fair, accurate answer without pointing any fingers, which shows good leadership and team mentality.

Tatonka
11-16-2004, 11:33 PM
it makes no sense what-so-ever to keep henry for the last year of his contract.. because he will be gone when the contract is up.. and we are not winning a superbowl next year with or without him.. so we have got to get something for him.

G. Host
11-16-2004, 11:51 PM
If Henry wants to stay and does not think he will not get big bucks elsewhere he may decide to stay 1-2 years and try to recover value; anyone who has taken a loss on an investment understands you need to take a short term loss to regain lost value rather than cut and run.

Some will say it will never work but if he can get an incentive contract he may stay.

Dozerdog
11-16-2004, 11:53 PM
it makes no sense what-so-ever to keep henry for the last year of his contract.. because he will be gone when the contract is up.. and we are not winning a superbowl next year with or without him.. so we have got to get something for him.

If you can get value for him- then by all means trade him.

But let's not unload Henry for the sake of unloading him. I'd rather keep Henry and then let him walk than get a 5th rounder or a scrub player for him. Henry as a backup is more valuable than a 2nd day pick

Tatonka
11-16-2004, 11:53 PM
If Henry wants to stay and does not think he will not get big bucks elsewhere he may decide to stay 1-2 years and try to recover value; anyone who has taken a loss on an investment understands you need to take a short term loss to regain lost value rather than cut and run.

Some will say it will never work but if he can get an incentive contract he may stay.

:rofl:

pretty sure henry doesnt understand investments.. that is why he isnt a free agent after this year.. he signed a one year extension for 1.5 million dollars.. because he ran out of money and couldnt make it through the offseason.

G. Host
11-17-2004, 12:25 AM
I thought of that as well but I thought I'd be kind and say he learned his lesson and wanted to recover value behind an approved line rather than make another bad deal.

justasportsfan
11-17-2004, 07:54 AM
- offense right now lacks confidence and heart (he had a hard time answering the question: what is wrong with the offense?)

Welcome to last year. Maybe we should fire Mularkey since the result is the same as it was w/ GW.

How many years will it take before the O catches up w/ the D? I mean c'mon, if we need to rebuild the O , do it. This O is pathetic every year. Is it really that hard to fix it?