PDA

View Full Version : Why we should go easy on Losman

northernbillfan
11-17-2004, 04:54 AM
JP was thrown head first into the wolf pack on Sunday night. NE was waiting to introduce him to Prime Time football, and they taught him a valuable lesson. This ain't college anymore.

The poor kid looked like the proverbial deer in the headlights. He scrambled for his life on the field that night.

All of a sudden while rolling right looking for something to throw to, his thought process was overwhelmed at the intensity in which the NFL is actually played. Out of the corner of his eye he sees some waving arms. Throws then looks...OOPS!!!

Gotta cut him some slack.

SABURZFAN
11-17-2004, 05:19 AM
screw that!!!!! :mad:

this cocky punk better get his head out of his ass too.

jamze132
11-17-2004, 07:45 AM
Lets not forget that JP was the emergency QB for the NE game. MM called his number without JP even getting a chance to warm-up. Now I don't know how to manage players in the NFL but I think that was F'd up!

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-17-2004, 07:51 AM
:baby:

Forward_Lateral
11-17-2004, 11:23 AM
I think Mularkey wanted to see what Losman was made of. He probably got what he expected, some pretty crappy play by an unprepared guy, but maybe he just wanted to find out first hand? I think next time we see J.P., he'll be prepared a bit better.

BAM
11-17-2004, 11:34 AM

Yes. He better or he's going to get every bone in his body broken.

HAMMER
11-17-2004, 11:41 AM
Nice way to welcome our QB of the future guys, "cocky punk". He was in no way prepared to play in that game and should never have been thrust into that position w/o some warning. Mularkey made a mistake, one of his many thus far, but he is a rookie as well. Imagine if we were all so perfect.

BAM
11-17-2004, 11:44 AM
Obviously M.C. Hammer missed all of training camp and preseason.

TedMock
11-17-2004, 11:46 AM
Well, after missing all the entire first half of the season, not being fully recovered, getting in a week or so of practice, and being listed as the thrid QB, he came in and played two bad series. There's no way that any realistic sports fan can place any judgement on that performance. I think we're all smart enough to realize that it was just to get him exposure. Now that he's up and practicing and not being coddled as the injured rookie, we should see a little bit better play out of him. He's still going to play poorly most of the time, but hopefully he comes along. Hopefully by next season, he's right on schedule. Rothlisberger has made it tough for JP and Eli. A lot of people will probably be wondering why these two aren't performing like Big Ben, but that's just plain stupid anyway. Big Ben has the best o-line in football, and a fantastic running game to sit back on. JP and Eli have quite possibley the two worst o-lines in football. Both have decent running games, but those running games would be so much better with Pittsburgh's o-line.

LtBillsFan66
11-17-2004, 12:04 PM
I don't think anyone was too hard on him. I'm glad it was a disaster though. Should serve as a wake up call for the cocky kid.

carybillsfan
11-17-2004, 12:11 PM
I don't think anyone was too hard on him. I'm glad it was a disaster though. Should serve as a wake up call for the cocky kid.

Agreed.

Bulldog
11-17-2004, 12:40 PM

I thought the cheap shot Vincent put on him was supposed to be the wake-up call.

Bulldog
11-17-2004, 12:41 PM

Are you being serious?

Drive 4 Five
11-17-2004, 01:22 PM
First of all, I think some of you give yourselves way too much credit. Like any NFL player needs reassurance form the likes of you, to do what he has been doing all his life. Some fans can be vehemently ****ty. Like the "mean girls". You know Losman is having a blast. He is about to do what most of us can only dream, and he is taking all your money doing it. Sorry to burst some bubbles, but you have to know that he don't give two ****s worth about the opinions of media personalities and their following. That much is evident in his personality alone. My only concern with this guy is that he's crazy, but you gotta like that mentality. "Should we be easy on him?" Please. People are already judging this guy and for what? What should concern you is the reasoning and judgement on the sidelines that placed him in that position in the first place. New England was a pack of raving dogs that night, everyone who watched the game from home saw a fierce Mike Vrabel screaming at our coaches "Don't do that!" after he put what seemed to be the finishing touch on our running game. New England was a sight to behold. They made us their *****es on national television, and showed everyone that a wounded animal is even more dangerous. Hell I was scared and I was on my couch, I can't imagine what is was like to have lived that horrible experience. Personaly, I would have left Drew out there to take his beating like a man. The benching would have come Monday morning.