PDA

View Full Version : If/when Jennings hits FA is their a player on the Bills who can play LT in 2005?

don137
11-17-2004, 07:25 AM
This past summer their was talk about how TD has enough cap to only sign one of the three big free agents (Schobel, Jennings and Williams) after the season.

Schobel was the recipent who received the extension so that means the most important position on an already horrific offensive line will be vacant unless the Bills drop some big salary to free up space to re-sign Jennings.

Since LT's go for big bucks in the FA market,which the Bills don't have, is their a player on this roster than can be moved to LT and be successful or do we risk actually being worse at the OL position in 2005?

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-17-2004, 07:28 AM
According to Eb that player won't come from the draft so he must be somewhere out there.

Hemlepp53
11-17-2004, 07:40 AM
This past summer their was talk about how TD has enough cap to only sign one of the three big free agents (Schobel, Jennings and Williams) after the season.

Schobel was the recipent who received the extension so that means the most important position on an already horrific offensive line will be vacant unless the Bills drop some big salary to free up space to re-sign Jennings.

Since LT's go for big bucks in the FA market,which the Bills don't have, is their a player on this roster than can be moved to LT and be successful or do we risk actually being worse at the OL position in 2005?

:clap: Good Post & Even Better Question... The Draft holds nothing for us in that area of Picks... but I am sure after this season TD or RW will make sure the OLine is worked on. We need a haul over... lets get new faces in there and phyically fit players are a must.. not fat out of shape tired by half time... We need a solid 3 players next season and we will be in top shape...

colin
11-17-2004, 08:09 AM
i could see mike move over to LT, get someone OK in here at RT (overpay, restructure stuff, whatever it takes) and just throw picks and stuff at the middle.

I remember we worked out Riley (RT) and Naole (G), and both singed elsewhere for not too much. it really really sucks that we did not get these guys.

all that said, we need a passrusher (but who doesn't) and one corner and one safety as well.

Ebenezer
11-17-2004, 08:28 AM
According to Eb that player won't come from the draft so he must be somewhere out there.
:huh:

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-17-2004, 08:59 AM
:huh:

C'mon Eb, you remember stating how funny it was that I thought there would be a decent tackle in the 2nd round. Don't tell me you forgot already.

clumping platelets
11-17-2004, 09:03 AM
Trey Teague played LT for the Broncos before he came here. I would also consider re-signing Marcus Price. Do whatever it takes to draft G Elton Brown from Virginia and put Tucker at C......

LT Teague
LG E. Brown
C Tucker
RG Villarrial
RT M. Williams

Reserves: Price, Peters, among others

This is without considering FA....once I see an official list, I'll make a determination then on who could be signed.

THATHURMANATOR
11-17-2004, 09:03 AM
I wouldn't break the bank for Jennings. He is a decent LT but is very injury prone and is going to want big money. It could work out like Ruben a couple years ago when the market for him wasn't there and we got him back at a better rate.

clumping platelets
11-17-2004, 09:05 AM
I wouldn't break the bank for Jennings. He is a decent LT but is very injury prone and is going to want big money. It could work out like Ruben a couple years ago when the market for him wasn't there and we got him back at a better rate.

Very good point Thurmy :;

Dozerdog
11-17-2004, 09:06 AM
Great point Thurm.

Plus, we don't know what vets might get cut - you cut loose a Bledsoe or Eric Moulds for Cap reasons and you might have a lot more $$$ to either keep Jennings or get a better replacement. I'd also have to see what LT's are going to be available.

Price seems to do well as a backup...and Wasn't Teague a LT in Denver?

clumping platelets
11-17-2004, 09:07 AM
Moulds should go no where :shakeno:

I do believe that the past 2 road games has sealed Drew's fate.

THATHURMANATOR
11-17-2004, 09:12 AM
Very good point Thurmy :;
Thanks!

THATHURMANATOR
11-17-2004, 09:14 AM
Great point Thurm.

Plus, we don't know what vets might get cut - you cut loose a Bledsoe or Eric Moulds for Cap reasons and you might have a lot more $$$ to either keep Jennings or get a better replacement. I'd also have to see what LT's are going to be available.

Price seems to do well as a backup...and Wasn't Teague a LT in Denver?

Exactly! Dropping Drew would save us quite a bit of space. Teague could play tackle I am sure. How good he would be is a question mark. Plus there will be a lot of guys that are available that aren't currently slated to be free agents.

Ebenezer
11-17-2004, 09:38 AM
Exactly! Dropping Drew would save us quite a bit of space. Teague could play tackle I am sure. How good he would be is a question mark. Plus there will be a lot of guys that are available that aren't currently slated to be free agents.
To save significant money on DB they would have to cut him after 6/1...the savings would be...$3.3 mill

tampabay25690
11-17-2004, 09:44 AM
I will be honest with you guys. I like the way the OL has played in recent weeks, I say we don't sign Jennings and put Price there he has been a very soild player coming in when needed. If we work him with the 1st team next year, that will just make him better. I think 1st priority next year is defensive backs, Safety, cb's!!!!!!

don137
11-17-2004, 09:44 AM
To save significant money on DB they would have to cut him after 6/1...the savings would be...$3.3 mill

The problem would be there wouldn't be much of a LT available after 6/1 to use that money on...Teague at LT doesn't leave me a warm fuzzy feeling but their may not be a better option...