PDA

View Full Version : Interesting take on the remaining schedule...

Ebenezer
11-17-2004, 10:13 AM
I just had a great piece of cake so bear with me...

Look at the rest of the schedule:

St. Louis
Seattle
Miami
Cleveland
Cincinnati
SF
Pittsburgh

According to Sagarin the Rams and the Seahawks are no better than us (they have had cupcake schedules)?? Miami and SF suck; Cleveland is not playing well and Cinci (if at home) could be a win.

Am I reading this correctly???...Is 5-2 a real possibility?? Heck the Pittsburgh game may not mean anything to the Steelers...

OK, got to lock the optimist up...

The King
11-17-2004, 10:27 AM
:up: Optimism is needed these days!!

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-17-2004, 10:33 AM
I'm in!!!

TacklingDummy
11-17-2004, 10:56 AM
Looks like Dallas should be getting a top 5 pick from us. There's not 1 team on that schedule that the Bills can say they are clearly better then. Maybe Miami.

I hope R.J. Losman turns out to be worth a top 5 pick. I highly doubt it, but ya never know.

don137
11-17-2004, 10:58 AM
:jam: I'm with you....the only problem is the Bills are not the best road team (I think 2-16 in their last 18). I don't see any game as not winnable.

Drewpac
11-17-2004, 11:00 AM
Miami seems like the one game we should take but it's on the road so you never know. I think we'll probably win 2 of the next seven regardless of who the QB is.

TacklingDummy
11-17-2004, 11:03 AM
I don't see any game as not winnable.

With the production thus far of the Bills offense, I dont see any of those games a winnable. But should be able to pull out atleast 2. So im guessing 2-5 the rest of the way.

justasportsfan
11-17-2004, 11:23 AM
. Maybe Miami.

With the way Drew played against the Pats, I'm not sure if we can beat Miami either. Remember, the game is @Miami.

Earthquake Enyart
11-17-2004, 11:38 AM
The schedule is the rub. MM will play Drew as long as we have a pulse, and with this schedule, we could have a pulse for a few weeks here.

Wish we had a coach like Coughlin (that had a pair) and said "screw Drew". the future is now.

Forward_Lateral
11-17-2004, 11:42 AM
10-6 baby!!!!! We can win 7 in a row, can't we? Ok, maybe I had a few too many beers in my cherios this morning, but it helps me stay optimistic! Let's just beat St. Louis first, and then go from there.

THATHURMANATOR
11-17-2004, 11:42 AM
Looks like Dallas should be getting a top 5 pick from us. There's not 1 team on that schedule that the Bills can say they are clearly better then. Maybe Miami.

I hope R.J. Losman turns out to be worth a top 5 pick. I highly doubt it, but ya never know.

It doesn't matter if Favre was QB on this team you would have a problem with him too. Can we please give Losman a chance before you rush to label him the next Rob Johnson?

BAM
11-17-2004, 11:43 AM
R.J. Losman

Get over it, man.

Patrick76777
11-17-2004, 11:44 AM
It doesn't matter if Favre was QB on this team you would have a problem with him too. Can we please give Losman a chance before you rush to label him the next Rob Johnson?
Don’t worry Thrum, this guy has a QB hating fetish. Unless that QB wears the number 7 and is named Doug!

justasportsfan
11-17-2004, 11:45 AM
The schedule is the rub. MM will play Drew as long as we have a pulse, and with this schedule, we could have a pulse for a few weeks here.

Wish we had a coach like Coughlin (that had a pair) and said "screw Drew". the future is now.that's why TD took MM because he knew MM was going to try and salvage TD's mistake of hiring Drew.

THATHURMANATOR
11-17-2004, 11:45 AM
Don’t worry Thrum, this guy has a QB hating fetish. Unless that QB wears the number 7 and is named Doug!

I know he has been in love with that midget for years and can't get over it!

TacklingDummy
11-17-2004, 09:24 PM

Ahh yes the gold old #7. The last QB to lead the Bills to the playoffs. Gotta hate him for that. Something RoJo, Bledslow and R.J. Losman have never done or will do.

The Bills need a real QB. And RJ Losman is/will not be the answer. A wasted 1st round pick is all that was.

TacklingDummy
11-17-2004, 09:27 PM
. Can we please give Losman a chance before you rush to label him the next Rob Johnson?

Pre-season and part of one game is all I need to see. He plays just like RJ, takes off running, gets hurt, breaks something, and has those "Deer in the Headlight Eyes"

Do you want to wait 3 years like most of you wanted to with RJ to prove that Loserman is a bum?

FTG
11-17-2004, 10:20 PM

St. Louis
Seattle
Miami
Cleveland
Cincinnati
SF
Pittsburgh

According to Sagarin the Rams and the Seahawks are no better than us (they have had cupcake schedules)?? Miami and SF suck; Cleveland is not playing well and Cinci (if at home) could be a win.

Am I reading this correctly???...Is 5-2 a real possibility?? Heck the Pittsburgh game may not mean anything to the Steelers...

I don't care who we play. If it's on the road we'll lose. The only game left that I'm thinking we will definatley win is Cleveland.

finsrclowns
11-17-2004, 10:36 PM
Win this week, turn Seattle over and win there, the fins suck, so do the Browns, SF blows, Cincy's hot and cold and Pitt may not be playing for anything. Vegas may say it's 227-1, but trust me 7-0 is a cold lock baby! :jam:

BillsFever21
11-17-2004, 10:49 PM
We might win two games if we're lucky. Looks like another 5-11 or 6-10 season just like I predicted back in July and got shafted for.

Oh but Mularkey is a genius and would turn Drew around...:rolleyes:

unpaid_bills
11-17-2004, 10:56 PM
All of those games are winnable. They need to have a solid game, get Drew back on track at home.

Pray for poor weather and lots of wind.

Go Bills

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-17-2004, 11:47 PM
Ahh yes the gold old #7. The last QB to lead the Bills to the playoffs. Gotta hate him for that. Something RoJo, Bledslow and R.J. Losman have never done or will do.

The Bills need a real QB. And RJ Losman is/will not be the answer. A wasted 1st round pick is all that was.

Flutie :loser: please I don't even want to hear that name in this city/town ever again :roflmao: he should be up in Canada where he belongs he's a shrimp a midget :roflmao: he split the locker room up and all he cares about is himself he didn't care about the team :fury: he wined to Wade to let him start. RJ won that playoff game for us it was the special teams that lost it for us. I'm just glad that both are gone it's old let's get over it! give J.P. a chance he's a rookie we all saw what this kid could do in the preseason games. give him a chance to learn and grow before you go making decisions about him.

The_Philster
11-18-2004, 04:47 AM
:10:

Jeff1220
11-18-2004, 07:55 AM
I don't see the Bills doing better than 4-2 over the last six games, and more likely 3-3 or 2-4.

Rams at RWS after being humiliated on ESPN. This could be a W due to the Rams playing outdoors and the Bills being at home.

Seattle out west I see as a L

Miami is still worse than the Bills - a W

The Browns at RWS a W

L to Cinci

SF out west could go either way

BillsFanCupp38
11-18-2004, 08:42 AM
I having been looking at the rest of our schedule for a while. I thought if we beat new england we had a good chance at making the playoffs. Now are chance is a little smaller but the schedule is still in our favor. rams and seahawks are decent teams, but not on the road. I think we can take the rams and who knows maybe the hawks will have a tough time against are D while McGahee is running all over them. SF, miami, and cleavland arent scaring anyone and we have won 6 strait against cinci. And im thinking if Pittsburg can lock up homefield advantage they wont even try to play against us. And even if they dont lock it up, were at home. Pittsburg beat new england and phili at home, not on the road. When we are at home, i dont care what team we play, i am not afraid of losing cause i know that we can win any game at home. It makes that much of a difference to be at home especially when you play in a city like Buffalo cause this is our house!!!

TacklingDummy
11-18-2004, 09:22 AM
give J.P. a chance he's a rookie we all saw what this kid could do in the preseason games.

What's that? Break a leg?

Hopefully we get someone to run this franchise during the off-season that knows what they are doing.

For 4 years the Bills have needed a stud DE to put pressure on the QB and in 4 years all TD has given us is scrubs. Pressure on the QB is what causes turnovers. A stud DE will help the whole Defense. It will make the secondary 90% better, will give the offense more chances at scoring.

THATHURMANATOR
11-18-2004, 10:31 AM
What's that? Break a leg?

Hopefully we get someone to run this franchise during the off-season that knows what they are doing.

For 4 years the Bills have needed a stud DE to put pressure on the QB and in 4 years all TD has given us is scrubs. Pressure on the QB is what causes turnovers. A stud DE will help the whole Defense. It will make the secondary 90% better, will give the offense more chances at scoring.

Please tell me who this Stud D end that TD should have got that would have magically fixed everything? Schobel is a double digit sacker and Kelsay has shown flashes of being solid. I don't want to hear about Kearse who is injury prone and wanted us to break the bank.

TacklingDummy
11-18-2004, 11:20 AM
[QUOTE=THATHURMANATOR] Schobel is a double digit sacker and Kelsay has shown flashes of being solid.

Double Digit garbage time sacker. When have you seen Schobel ever make a big sack? The Bills pass rush has been piss poor for 4 years now. He also gets run right over.

Not sure about what stud DE we could of had because I didnt look into it. All I know are the ones we have are garbage.

THATHURMANATOR
11-18-2004, 11:33 AM
[QUOTE=THATHURMANATOR] Schobel is a double digit sacker and Kelsay has shown flashes of being solid.

Double Digit garbage time sacker. When have you seen Schobel ever make a big sack? The Bills pass rush has been piss poor for 4 years now. He also gets run right over.

Not sure about what stud DE we could of had because I didnt look into it. All I know are the ones we have are garbage.

So you make statements about something that you obviously know nothing about. You claim that TD is wrong for not bringing in something that for all you know doesn't exist. Schobel is a decent player. Not a probowler but I don't mind having him.

unpaid_bills
11-18-2004, 09:15 PM
Schoebel is a solid DE. We need a consitent guy on the opposing side. Plus Posey, Spikes, Fletcher need to pick up the pass rush. I honestly think the DL we have is as good as any. They play a very preventative scheme. They dont have any dominating pass rushers (speed rushers) this DL is built more to stop the run and contain the pass. There are lots more stats and factors beyond sacks. Bottom line their D is one of the best in the NFL, you dont get that ranking without solid DL play.

Remember before Dillon last week nobody ran effective against us, over 100yds. If you can stop the run you give yourself a good chance to win. They are getting burned each week with a couple big plays (blown coverage) or really tough penalties extending drives. NE had 5 FG's those could have been TD's against many other defenses.

DaBills
11-19-2004, 12:12 AM
7-0? Even if we had beat NE, Pittsburgh would still be the ***** of the bunch. Now? They all are. We are out-coached on Sundays, home OR away. Nobody un-adjusts like the Bills at halftime. (Although it's likely Pitt will rest their starters at halftime when it's 21-0.)

;-)

I'm going to harp on the coaching though because I'm still pissed about this embaressing loss. That was almost as bad as the ass-kicking the Colts put on RJ and Fade Monday night 4+ years ago. (Remember that at one point, where RJ threw something like 3 INTs over 3 consecutive series?)

Looking at Sunday's play-by-play, when Willis ran 3 of the only 4 times he went left, he broke off 11 yard runs each time. Drew even ran left once for 8 yards I believe. That's more yards than Willis got in any single time to the right, which was 3 yards. Now maybe you wear down a D through 2 quarters or probe to see where you can set them up later.

But Coach ****head is still running to the right or up the middle mid-4th quarter when it obviuosly wasn't there. Brushchi and Vlabel (sp) are just sitting there waiting. And when the run failed, there are several series where Drew just chucked it up, for INT's or INCs. If you're going to stick to the run, why not at least go back running to the side you had success at?

Bigger dissapointment than Drew being able to be 'turned around' is the so-called offensive genius MM was supposed to be. What's Drew's passer rating this week? Lower than Martha Stewart's company stock last time I looked. They're toying with the run here and there in order to set up Drew going deep. They need to pound a steady diet of the run at defenses. **** getting Drew out of his slump.

Rest of the schedule, hmmm, let's see if the remaining teams will see this fine choice of plays:

- A reverse with Moulds from Drew.

- A run draw 9-10 yards behind the line.

- Run up the middle inside the red zone. Followed by

- Two shots over the WR's heads in the endzone.

And the Jets are complaining about Hackett as their OC? Please. We go 2-5 if we are lucky. Only thing left to bet on is who will be the first player to come out publicly and say something about this team tanking? I say Henry.

:geek:

DaBills
11-19-2004, 12:21 AM
As far as DE's go, I don't mind having lunchpail guy like a Schobel. A Phil Hansen type, ya' know? Thing is, you need some superstars or at least impact players elsewhere on the D to allow the average Joe's to do their thing. But Schobel is not the impact guy we need.

We haven't had an impact superstar since Bruce Smith. Spikes isn't at that level. It seems Gray has these guys playing a system, rather than having a bunch of pro-bowlers who can go out and make plays on talent alone.

And Kearse may be too injury-prone, ok. So TD, why not go after the next Freak in the draft?

ScottLawrence
12-17-2004, 06:33 PM

St. Louis
Seattle
Miami
Cleveland
Cincinnati
SF
Pittsburgh

Looks like your on to something here.

finsrclowns
12-17-2004, 07:35 PM
Looks like your on to something here.

I stand by my prediction. :nervous:

Morgoth
12-17-2004, 10:08 PM
I stand by my prediction. :nervous:

Yeah, but the Ravens and the Broncos still have to drop 2 apiece for us to get in.