PDA

View Full Version : Same Sad Story

Drive 4 Five
11-17-2004, 03:00 PM
Setting aside his shortcomings and tragic fall from grace in New England, consider what Bledsoe has given us.

The Bills are 0-4 on the road this season and 2-14 since midway through the 2002 season. In that span of games, Bledsoe has thrown 25 interceptions and has been sacked 55 times.

The braintrust at One Bills Drive must surely be fools to continue believing that the Bills can be a winning team with this man at the helm. How can they continue to put this broken man on the field to lead our team any longer? While there can be no denying that the management and players should not share in the blame, this is one change that has been long overdue.

While many of us admire Drew for his character and effort, there can be no denying that he is a dying breed of quarterback and a fallen star that needs to be laid to rest. I for one cannot stomach to watch another Bills game with Drew Bledsoe as our starting quarterback, and my heart goes out to those of you who suffer watching this atrocity that has become Buffalo Bills football in your own backyards. Keep warm and here's to hopes of glory in seasons coming.

:cheers:

Jan Reimers
11-17-2004, 03:11 PM
Your right, fan_atic. I like Drew, but it's time for him to go, and JP to take over.

OpIv37
11-17-2004, 03:12 PM
Setting aside his shortcomings and tragic fall from grace in New England, consider what Bledsoe has given us.

The Bills are 0-4 on the road this season and 2-14 since midway through the 2002 season. In that span of games, Bledsoe has thrown 25 interceptions and has been sacked 55 times.

The braintrust at One Bills Drive must surely be fools to continue believing that the Bills can be a winning team with this man at the helm. How can they continue to put this broken man on the field to lead our team any longer? While there can be no denying that the management and players should not share in the blame, this is one change that has been long overdue.

While many of us admire Drew for his character and effort, there can be no denying that he is a dying breed of quarterback and a fallen star that needs to be laid to rest. I for one cannot stomach to watch another Bills game with Drew Bledsoe as our starting quarterback, and my heart goes out to those of you who suffer watching this atrocity that has become Buffalo Bills football in your own backyards. Keep warm and here's to hopes of glory in seasons coming.

:cheers:

It took me a long time to come around, but I agree. I like Bledsoe- I was happy when he came to Buffalo and had high hopes when he got here. His first 8 games were some of the most exciting Bills games I've ever seen (remember the shootout with Minnesota?). But he just can't get it done anymore. Maybe the coaches and the O-line destroyed his confidence. Maybe he's older and can't physically perform at the level he used to, maybe he's overrated and was never that good- the reason doesn't matter. I would have loved to see Bledsoe beat his former team, make the playoffs and go out with a shred of dignity. But we've been waiting for that to happen for 2 1/2 years. It's just an embarrassment now, to the organization and to Bledsoe himself. Thanks anyway- Drew. You're a good guy but it's time to hang 'em up. Your best hope for a legacy is to develop Losman like you did with Brady- that will allow Bills fans to remember you in a positive light.

Michael82
11-17-2004, 04:02 PM
It took me a long time to come around, but I agree. I like Bledsoe- I was happy when he came to Buffalo and had high hopes when he got here. His first 8 games were some of the most exciting Bills games I've ever seen (remember the shootout with Minnesota?). But he just can't get it done anymore. Maybe the coaches and the O-line destroyed his confidence. Maybe he's older and can't physically perform at the level he used to, maybe he's overrated and was never that good- the reason doesn't matter. I would have loved to see Bledsoe beat his former team, make the playoffs and go out with a shred of dignity. But we've been waiting for that to happen for 2 1/2 years. It's just an embarrassment now, to the organization and to Bledsoe himself. Thanks anyway- Drew. You're a good guy but it's time to hang 'em up. Your best hope for a legacy is to develop Losman like you did with Brady- that will allow Bills fans to remember you in a positive light.
Great post man. Very touching. :(

:bf1:

Drive 4 Five
11-17-2004, 04:13 PM
Great post man. Very touching. :(

:bf1:

Yeah that was definately heartfelt.
:bf1: :perplex: Sniff...

Mad Bomber
11-17-2004, 07:11 PM

Nice post. I couldn't agree more.