11-17-2004, 03:15 PM
I think thisone says it all. Drew's at the end and he realizes it:

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/FBO113111500_lower.jpg

DraftBoy
11-17-2004, 03:18 PM
God I really do suck!

OpIv37
11-17-2004, 03:20 PM
"White jerseys, white jerseys, we're not wearing blue jerseys tonight- throw to the white jerseys".

northernbillfan
11-17-2004, 03:22 PM
He was wearing a number 80.

Drive 4 Five
11-17-2004, 03:26 PM
I am truly at a loss for words...

Forward_Lateral
11-17-2004, 03:43 PM
It's Drewkenstein!

Mr. Cynical
11-17-2004, 03:49 PM
I really have mixed feelings.

On one hand, I honestly do feel bad for him. It has got to rip his heart out realizing he just can't do it anymore. It is very sad.

On the other hand, he never has to work another day in his life and he is only 32. He will never want or need for a single material thing since he has banked multi-millions, and can probably live off the interest alone. In addition he has a loving family who he can support financially without any more effort.

Since he is a good guy, I really really wish he would just hang em up, bench himself, and then retire at year end. I know he is too competitive for that, but if I were his wife, I'd be trying to convince him that was the best route. Being ripped every week is going to do pyschological damage to him, not to mention the physical beatings he would continue to take.

At this point he should be looking at Steve Young and other concussion victims and saying to himself, why risk it? I have many many years to enjoy my life and family.

I dunno...if I were him, I'd walk away while I still could.

Michael82
11-17-2004, 03:54 PM

On one hand, I honestly do feel bad for him. It has got to rip his heart out realizing he just can't do it anymore. It is very sad.

On the other hand, he never has to work another day in his life and he is only 32. He will never want or need for a single material thing since he has banked multi-millions, and can probably live off the interest alone. In addition he has a loving family who he can support financially without any more effort.

Since he is a good guy, I really really wish he would just hang em up, bench himself, and then retire at year end. I know he is too competitive for that, but if I were his wife, I'd be trying to convince him that was the best route. Being ripped every week is going to do pyschological damage to him, not to mention the physical beatings he would continue to take.

At this point he should be looking at Steve Young and other concussion victims and saying to himself, why risk it? I have many many years to enjoy my life and family.

Good post. For once, I totally agree with you. :bf1:

OpIv37
11-17-2004, 03:56 PM

I said something very similar here- http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=821967#post821967

Of course, no one read it

Bling
11-17-2004, 03:58 PM
:jam:

Michael82
11-17-2004, 04:01 PM
I said something very similar here- http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=821967#post821967

Of course, no one read it
You aren't popular enough yet. :snicker:

:gag: :jk:

Mr. Cynical
11-17-2004, 04:04 PM
:blush:

Drive 4 Five
11-17-2004, 04:07 PM

I agree totally. I would only add that there isn't anyone other than Jim Kelly, that I would have liked or wanted to see lead the Bills to a championship. Best of luck Drew...

Michael82
11-17-2004, 04:09 PM
:blush:
I wanted to see Bledsoe tear New England up, and then walk away on top with his middle finger pointing at Belichick, and I'm sure he wanted that too. But it's not going to work that way. honestly, watching how Bledsoe is and the fact that he almost was going to quit in the last offseason...I could see him letting Losman come in when he's ready and handling it with class. And then announcing his retirement at the end of the season and doing one of those one day signing things with the Patriots to retire with the team that he started at.

Mr. Cynical
11-17-2004, 04:17 PM
I wanted to see Bledsoe tear New England up, and then walk away on top with his middle finger pointing at Belichick, and I'm sure he wanted that too. But it's not going to work that way. honestly, watching how Bledsoe is and the fact that he almost was going to quit in the last offseason...I could see him letting Losman come in when he's ready and handling it with class. And then announcing his retirement at the end of the season and doing one of those one day signing things with the Patriots to retire with the team that he started at.And I totally 100% agree with this. :up:

Seriously I also wanted to him to give BB the finger in a HUGE way. BB is a smug SOB and even though he was right about Drew, I still wanted Drew to stick it to him for his own sake as well as for the Bills.

I also wanted Drew to be really successful as a Bill so that he would retire as a Bill in the HoF. Of course he would have had to play here for a good 5 years or so and had great success (SB appearance at least). I wanted that for him as well as for the Bills...the more we get into the HoF the better. :smile:

But I agree (same as Op) - I can see him helping JP like he did with Brady (as sad as that sorta makes me feel for him) and then signing for a day with NE to retire as a Pat.

Drive 4 Five
11-17-2004, 04:19 PM
I wanted to see Bledsoe tear New England up, and then walk away on top with his middle finger pointing at Belichick, and I'm sure he wanted that too. But it's not going to work that way. honestly, watching how Bledsoe is and the fact that he almost was going to quit in the last offseason...I could see him letting Losman come in when he's ready and handling it with class. And then announcing his retirement at the end of the season and doing one of those one day signing things with the Patriots to retire with the team that he started at.

I sure hope so because it is so sad to see him this way anymore. Poor bastard. The fans at Ralph Wilson stadium should give him a standing ovation at his final home game. At least to help ease the mental distress that is bound to devour him in his next life.

Michael82
11-17-2004, 04:25 PM
I sure hope so because it is so sad to see him this way anymore. Poor bastard. The fans at Ralph Wilson stadium should give him a standing ovation at his final home game. At least to help ease the mental distress that is bound to devour him in his next life.
Great idea! I will definitely give him a standing ovation. :bf1:

Drive 4 Five
11-17-2004, 04:30 PM
Great idea! I will definitely give him a standing ovation. :bf1:

Be sure and give him a salute for me as well. I'll be down here in sunny New Mexico (well sunny compared to New York anyway) dreaming of glories past...

Michael82
11-17-2004, 05:05 PM
I myself will never forget when the Bills were talking about working on a trade to bring the Pro Bowl Quarterback to Buffalo. We had RJ then and AVP, so anything was better that those two bums. I got all excited at the draft party about a possible trade and then when nothing happened on day 1, I never lost hope. Ask EB...I kept telling everybody that the deal is not dead and Drew will be a Bill. Then the big day came, On Sunday I was sitting at home on my computer and watching the draft. The big news came out.....

The Buffalo Bills have got their franchise Quarterback and have traded their 2003 future 1st round pick for Drew Bledsoe to the New England Patriots.

I, like many other fans got excited and was a huge fan of Drew's. I got all of his rookie cards and started to build a Drew Bledsoe football card collection. I went out and got his jersey when the new colors came out and then I got pumped for the season. I loved seeing Drew in training camp and he was a big draw for the fans in Rochester. Everyone wanted to come there to see Drew Bledsoe, the next Jim Kelly. And the season started out great. Drew was back to the Drew of old. He started tearing the league up and everyone, EVEN Wys, was on the Drew Bledsoe/Buffalo Bills bandwagon. Then it happened. The Bills were 5-3 and New England was coming to town. Belichick :mad: proved to everyone that the Bills and specifically Drew Bledsoe were beatable. The Bills went on a 3 game losing streak and could never recover and then when he went back to Foxboro, he was even worse and then all the calls started to grow about Drew being done. I still keep believing and hoping that our star QB will take time in the offseason and get better....

2003 opens up and again the Bills are on fire. They kill the Patriots and the Jags, but then get embarassed on Sunday night football against the hated Dolphins. This was it. The season was done. More people jumped off the Drew Bledsoe bandwagon, still not me. I still proudly have my Drew Bledsoe bobbleheads sitting on my desk and am still wearing my Bledsoe jersey, hoping and praying that Bledsoe comes back strong with a new coaching staff.

2004 rolls around and it looks good. Bledsoe looks re-energized in training camp and the team looks like they are close to being there. Bledsoe looks better in the pocket and is not doing anything major to lose the game. But wait, he turns the ball over 4 times in my first ever away game....against the Ravens in Baltimore. Then he picks it up with two nice games at home and even has people talking about him scrambling for extra time and moving around in the pocket. I begin to have hope again and think that maybe Drew Bledsoe still has something left. Then, just as in Drew Bledsoe's first year as a Bill...he faces New England and they embarass him and bring us back to reality. Drew is done. Our star quarterback that gave us hope 2 years ago is done. The Drew Bledsoe era is finished. I for one hate seeing it. I will still wear my Bledsoe jersey with pride, because he's a great guy...but I know that it's over. Good luck, Drew! I hope you decide to do the right thing and just retire with class, the way Jim Kelly and others have done. Don't hang on anymore and ruin yourself like Steve Young did.

:patriot:

Iehoshua
11-17-2004, 05:14 PM
Excellent compilation, Mikey. I am 100% with you until mid '03, where I saw enough to feel Drew was toast. I agree with you as well, Mr. Cyn, its sad since he was once a very very talented athlete but his day has passed. Even Pete Prisco on ESPN Radio's SportsBash admitted, despite his previous enduring support, he too realizes and sees that Bledsoe is finished.

Many of you who supported Drew borderline radically, understand none of the Visionaries wanted Bledsoe to be done. We wanted him to succeed, but we just realized sooner than most it was a pipe dream.

Here's to you, Drew. May you find happiness for the rest of your life in whatever path you choose. :salute:

OpIv37
11-17-2004, 07:27 PM
I myself will never forget when the Bills were talking about working on a trade to bring the Pro Bowl Quarterback to Buffalo. We had RJ then and AVP, so anything was better that those two bums. I got all excited at the draft party about a possible trade and then when nothing happened on day 1, I never lost hope. Ask EB...I kept telling everybody that the deal is not dead and Drew will be a Bill. Then the big day came, On Sunday I was sitting at home on my computer and watching the draft. The big news came out.....

The Buffalo Bills have got their franchise Quarterback and have traded their 2003 future 1st round pick for Drew Bledsoe to the New England Patriots.

I, like many other fans got excited and was a huge fan of Drew's. I got all of his rookie cards and started to build a Drew Bledsoe football card collection. I went out and got his jersey when the new colors came out and then I got pumped for the season. I loved seeing Drew in training camp and he was a big draw for the fans in Rochester. Everyone wanted to come there to see Drew Bledsoe, the next Jim Kelly. And the season started out great. Drew was back to the Drew of old. He started tearing the league up and everyone, EVEN Wys, was on the Drew Bledsoe/Buffalo Bills bandwagon. Then it happened. The Bills were 5-3 and New England was coming to town. Belichick :mad: proved to everyone that the Bills and specifically Drew Bledsoe were beatable. The Bills went on a 3 game losing streak and could never recover and then when he went back to Foxboro, he was even worse and then all the calls started to grow about Drew being done. I still keep believing and hoping that our star QB will take time in the offseason and get better....

2003 opens up and again the Bills are on fire. They kill the Patriots and the Jags, but then get embarassed on Sunday night football against the hated Dolphins. This was it. The season was done. More people jumped off the Drew Bledsoe bandwagon, still not me. I still proudly have my Drew Bledsoe bobbleheads sitting on my desk and am still wearing my Bledsoe jersey, hoping and praying that Bledsoe comes back strong with a new coaching staff.

2004 rolls around and it looks good. Bledsoe looks re-energized in training camp and the team looks like they are close to being there. Bledsoe looks better in the pocket and is not doing anything major to lose the game. But wait, he turns the ball over 4 times in my first ever away game....against the Ravens in Baltimore. Then he picks it up with two nice games at home and even has people talking about him scrambling for extra time and moving around in the pocket. I begin to have hope again and think that maybe Drew Bledsoe still has something left. Then, just as in Drew Bledsoe's first year as a Bill...he faces New England and they embarass him and bring us back to reality. Drew is done. Our star quarterback that gave us hope 2 years ago is done. The Drew Bledsoe era is finished. I for one hate seeing it. I will still wear my Bledsoe jersey with pride, because he's a great guy...but I know that it's over. Good luck, Drew! I hope you decide to do the right thing and just retire with class, the way Jim Kelly and others have done. Don't hang on anymore and ruin yourself like Steve Young did.

:patriot:
Great post. I held out on Drew in 2003 too, blaming Gilbride and the horrible O-line. But after the Baltimore and 2 NE games this year, I had to take my head out of the sand.

The King
11-17-2004, 07:33 PM
I agree to a point but I do think Drew will have one more surge in his career. And as a competitor why would he want to go out this way?

OpIv37
11-17-2004, 07:52 PM
I agree to a point but I do think Drew will have one more surge in his career. And as a competitor why would he want to go out this way?

of course he wouldn't want to go out this way, but he's getting older and our O-line giving up 5 sacks a game isn't helping the situation. I hope he has one last surge in him too but this is getting less and less likely. My concern is that our team aging and Bledsoe getting himself killed by holding on for that last surge.

Michael82
11-17-2004, 08:10 PM
Excellent compilation, Mikey. I am 100% with you until mid '03, where I saw enough to feel Drew was toast. I agree with you as well, Mr. Cyn, its sad since he was once a very very talented athlete but his day has passed. Even Pete Prisco on ESPN Radio's SportsBash admitted, despite his previous enduring support, he too realizes and sees that Bledsoe is finished.

Many of you who supported Drew borderline radically, understand none of the Visionaries wanted Bledsoe to be done. We wanted him to succeed, but we just realized sooner than most it was a pipe dream.

Here's to you, Drew. May you find happiness for the rest of your life in whatever path you choose. :salute:
Thanks Darth! :up:

Michael82
11-17-2004, 08:10 PM
Great post. I held out on Drew in 2003 too, blaming Gilbride and the horrible O-line. But after the Baltimore and 2 NE games this year, I had to take my head out of the sand.
Doesn't it suck being out of the sand? My head didn't totally come out until this 2nd New England game. :(

OpIv37
11-17-2004, 08:20 PM
Doesn't it suck being out of the sand? My head didn't totally come out until this 2nd New England game. :(

Me neither- the end of the 1st NE game was more on Henry and the coaching staff than Bledsoe, and I was hoping the Baltimore game was just a fluke. Even the best players have one or two bad games a year, and some of the INT's were not his fault. But we're facing reality now- after a while, the excuses run thin.

FTG
11-17-2004, 10:05 PM
The heck with all this sentimental BS. He can't get out of here soon enough for me.

finsrclowns
11-17-2004, 10:15 PM
The h#ll with reality- I'm keeping my head firmly in the sand. We go 7-0 and make the playoffs! :crazy:

Tatonka
11-17-2004, 10:25 PM
i just dont feel sorry for a rich guy who never did anything..

screw him..

i would LOVE to be a has been, hardly ever was qb with more money that i can shake a stick at, 2 monsterous homes, and a great family..

he can literally retire tomorrow and do whatever he wants for the rest of his life.. he has made over 60 million dollars in the nfl.. if not more..

so cry me a river on the sentimental drew crap. he sucks and i dont feel friggen bad for him, because while he is sucking and looking all sad and confused.. i am sitting at home looking the same way.. except i cant control how the team does.. and he can.. and on pay day.. i get 1300$ checks.. he gets 130,000$ checks.. and he is 2 years older than me..

so screw him.

BillsFever21
11-17-2004, 10:45 PM
Your head will be buried 3 feet under the next decent game he has. I lost count how many times you've switched sides on your Drew feelings.

kgun12
11-18-2004, 12:31 AM
Thank God for FTG and Tatonka, I was ready to puke. The only thing I can agree with is that he is a good person. Other than that, he pretty much sucked his whole carreer, except for the 1 SB run with NE., and for this he got a lot of money. He is a bump, alway has been (no pun intended) always will be, didn't like with they traded for him, can't wait for him to GO!

BYE BYE DREW DON'T LET THE DOOR IT YOU IN THE BUTT!!!

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
11-18-2004, 10:14 AM
wait---wasn't this supposed to be one of those "your caption here" threads?

Here's mine:

"I wonder if there will be room for me on a pregame show....I am gonna look real tough next to the other washed up qbs..."

TigerJ
11-18-2004, 12:20 PM
I can't get into trying to do a witty caption for that one. It's possible Drew may have another decent game or two this season, or even more than that. I think he has run out of good seasons though. Unlike Tatonka, I do feel badly for him. I think he loves the game, and no amount of money can really make the pain of this season go away. I hope that he walks away from the game on his own after this season and finds something after his playing days that let's him enjoy life, whether it's in broadcasting or whatever.

Michael82
11-18-2004, 01:07 PM
I can't get into trying to do a witty caption for that one. It's possible Drew may have another decent game or two this season, or even more than that. I think he has run out of good seasons though. Unlike Tatonka, I do feel badly for him. I think he loves the game, and no amount of money can really make the pain of this season go away. I hope that he walks away from the game on his own after this season and finds something after his playing days that let's him enjoy life, whether it's in broadcasting or whatever.
Good post, TigerJ. :up: