PDA

View Full Version : O-Line Attitude

Patti120
11-18-2004, 09:32 AM
I saw an interview on the NFL network of Kyle Turley last night. I used to think he was a hot head but after watching the interview, I was left thinking that we need his kind of attitude on our o-line.

Regarding the incident where he threw the Jets playes helmet, he basically said that Brooks got tackled and the D-lineman was ripping him down by his helmet and face mask and when he heard Brooks let out a scream he just lost it. He basically said that this was someone he's gone through training camp with and bled with and that as a lineman you have one job and that is protection and that this chump wanted to hurt one of his team mates, and he wasn't going to stand for it.

He also said that lineman are the last of the gladiators, fighting in the trenches, doing anything to win. He said he doesn't make friends or talk to the opposition at all b/c they are the enemy to him. He also said if someone on the d says my knee hurts, his response is don't tell me that, I'm going to hit you there, he kept stating how his job is protection, and while he won't play cheap, he's going to do whatever is necessary to protect his team mates.

Apparently a year or 2 ago he topped the coaches polls as one of the top o-lineman but no fans even mentioned him. The guys definitely a bad A$$.

Anyway, just thought it was interesting and the type of attitude we could use on our o-line instead of having a 350 lb teddy bear mentality at right tackle.. God knows what the other guys are like mentally but last week they really looked like young boys amongst men.

The King
11-18-2004, 09:35 AM
He looks a little off too. Guys that look crazy are always an asset. Hes out for the season I believe. But your right thats how a lineman should view his role of protecting the QB.

Gunzlingr
11-18-2004, 09:46 AM
I read that his career is all but done due to the severity of the injury.

Patti120
11-18-2004, 10:11 AM
Yeah, I forgot about that injury. It's too bad, he was a good linemen and had that lineman mentality that you'd like to have on your team

The King
11-18-2004, 10:29 AM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/nfl/players/3/4273.jpg

Crazy like a FOX!

Tatonka
11-18-2004, 12:59 PM
He looks a little off too. Guys that look crazy are always an asset.

like ray bentley and his alice cooper face paint..

i used to love that guy even though he was just average.

Tatonka
11-18-2004, 01:00 PM
and i love players like kyle turley.. the fact that the action cost the saints that game.. well, obviously that was bad.. but when he ripped that guys helmet off, and chucked it.. it was awesome.. i was cheering.. and i dont even like either team.

Forward_Lateral
11-18-2004, 03:33 PM
Hey, nothing wrong with standing up for your teammates, if the refs aren't going to do anything about it. I was watching CFL game (I know I was bored) last weekend, and saw one of the dirtiest things I've ever seen a D-lineman do. Montreal Lineman Ed Phillion took out QB Damon Allen (he's like 800 years old) at the knee while he was already being tackled by another guy. The refs didn't do a damn thing! I see all the cheap shotting in the NFL like this, refs just turn away. I needs to stop. Ok, I'm off of the soap box now. What was this thread about again?

jbisset
11-18-2004, 04:03 PM
I like players that has attitude and can back it up with their play....a good example this year is T.O.

finsrclowns
11-18-2004, 04:30 PM
Why would we want a guy like Turley when we have Mike Williams. Williams is bigger, heavier, and larger than Turley. You want attitude? One time big Mike threw his helmet because the buffet line at training camp wasn't moving fast enough. :sumo: :naughty: