PDA

View Full Version : New Position For Izel Reese

The King
11-18-2004, 09:45 AM
Rashaad Baker has been promoted to Starting FS

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=2941

"When he's had some opportunities he's made some plays for us," said Mularkey. "He's not afraid to stick his nose in there if you need a hit at free safety. We know that being a rookie you're going to take some lumps here and there. That's just the nature of the business. I think he's a guy that will learn from experience."

ryjam282
11-18-2004, 12:05 PM
That's good news...I guess Vincent will not be going to FS just yet......I like this Baker guy, he will be a good one soon.

justasportsfan
11-18-2004, 12:24 PM
Baker was the best player at camp. Although he's been beaten, so has the vets. The end of Coy Wire is not far.

Tatonka
11-18-2004, 12:55 PM
:rofl:

new position - the bench..

good stuff

Stewie
11-18-2004, 01:05 PM
I have to say, Reese is a classy guy. Read the quote from the article: he takes the benching like a man, and sounds like a guy who will try to step up his play to get his job back.

DraftBoy
11-18-2004, 01:05 PM
Bout time MM made this move, everybody was calling for it after TC, I cant wait to see now how Juice will blame every long play as Baker's fault and how if Reese was in there he would of made an miraculous interception returned it for a TD and single handidly won us the game, since you know Izell is god!

DraftBoy
11-18-2004, 01:06 PM
I have to say, Reese is a classy guy. Read the quote from the article: he takes the benching like a man, and sounds like a guy who will try to step up his play to get his job back.

That I agree with he's a good player he just isnt starting material sorry to say, dime back, ST, depth is what he is good at. great team player mentality though

RedEyE
11-18-2004, 03:23 PM
Baker was screwed during the Pats game. Horrible pass interfernce call. Not only was it wrong, but the players were nearly back in the huddle before they threw th flag. Hell, even Theisman thought it was a bad call, and I hate that A-Hole.

casdhf
11-18-2004, 07:13 PM
Juice?

*crickets chirping*

PromoTheRobot
11-18-2004, 07:18 PM
Too bad the QB position seems to be immune from making changes.

PTR

juice
11-18-2004, 08:15 PM
Bout time MM made this move, everybody was calling for it after TC, I cant wait to see now how Juice will blame every long play as Baker's fault and how if Reese was in there he would of made an miraculous interception returned it for a TD and single handidly won us the game, since you know Izell is god!Looking at Bakers play against the Raiders and then against the Pats, I see nothing that says he is even close to being starting material.

What have you seen?

To me he looks like an UNDRAFTED ROOKIE FREE AGENT.

casdhf
11-18-2004, 08:22 PM
He's a better option than Reese right now. He is a liability in run suppord and is completely worthless in the passing game.

but thanks for stopping by

helmetguy
11-18-2004, 08:27 PM
Looking at Bakers play against the Raiders and then against the Pats, I see nothing that says he is even close to being starting material.

What have you seen?

To me he looks like an UNDRAFTED ROOKIE FREE AGENT.
As opposed to a former Undrafted Rookie Free Agent with six years' experience still playing like an Undrafted Rookie Free Agent, juice?

juice
11-18-2004, 08:34 PM
As opposed to a former Undrafted Rookie Free Agent with six years' experience still playing like an Undrafted Rookie Free Agent, juice?This kid is a rookie playing at a position where Experience and Patience is Key.. Look for Baker to be tested early and often against the Rams.

I think Baker really struggles next to McGee this week.

Tatonka
11-19-2004, 12:55 AM
he cant be worse than reese.

period.

Tatonka
11-19-2004, 12:55 AM
reese has actually looked like coy wire jr. this year.

NapalmDeath
11-19-2004, 02:53 AM
He's a better option than Reese right now. He is a liability in run suppord and is completely worthless in the passing game.

but thanks for stopping by

Magee is a liablity in pass D. But he gets a free pass because he does well on Special teams?

IMO, MM is choosing sides. Reese hasn't played well, but neither has Magee (at least at CB...) Dumped Bobby Shaw, (One of the reasons why Bledsoe has tunnel vision now, ) but promotes 'Fast Freddie' and basically benches Aiken. (Yes the Punt return was nice but......)

MM right now is trying to mix things up which is understandable, but it is kinda funny how some players get a free pass and others don't. So if Baker gets torn up, which may or may not happen this week, then what? He gets a free pass?

helmetguy
11-19-2004, 06:00 AM
This kid is a rookie playing at a position where Experience and Patience is Key.. Look for Baker to be tested early and often against the Rams.

I think Baker really struggles next to McGee this week.
Experience and patience? Reese is in his 7th year in the NFL, juice, but has gotten outplayed by a relatively raw rookie. Of course Baker will get tested. Martz loves the wide open passing game.At least you have a firm grasp on the BLATANTLY obvious....

The King
11-19-2004, 06:38 AM
Did anyone see Playbook of the NFL network yesterday? Jerry Gray was on saying how Izel Reese was the most important guy on Defense and basically how his schemes all revolve around him? I know these things are pre-recorded but damn, was this thing filmed in training camp? It wasnt like it was a re-run it had the Bills/Rams preview and everything. The interview was about 2.5 mins and at least 2 mins were about Izel and how clutch he has been..... very odd?

Also on a side note: Has anyone seen the New Coors Light commercial with the Fridge Elway and Bruce Smith? It was pretty funny watching them try to act, Bruce still looked to be in awesome shape too.

juice
11-19-2004, 09:30 AM
he cant be worse than reese.

period.Brady toasted these young guys for over 300 yds Sunday Night.. I don't remember ANYONE passing for 300 yards on this Defense when Reese played the entire game.

Dillon broke for a couple of 20 yard gains, I wonder why they didnt replace Fletcher or Spikes, thats where the game was lost, In the success of the Pats Run Game?

The 45 yd pass drive resulted in a FG.. 3 pts and the staff starts replacing starters with Rookies.. No wonder NE was able to expose this defense so easily.

This staff was once again badly outcoached, and they are looking for the quick fix as a remedy.. But I have a feeling that this position change will have the same result as the COY WIRE EXPERIMENT.

justasportsfan
11-19-2004, 09:36 AM
Brady toasted these young guys for over 300 yds Sunday Night.. I don't remember ANYONE passing for 300 yards on this Defense when Reese played the entire game.

Dillon broke for a couple of 20 yard gains, I wonder why they didnt replace Fletcher or Spikes, thats where the game was lost, In the success of the Pats Run Game?

The 45 yd pass drive resulted in a FG.. 3 pts and the staff starts replacing starters with Rookies.. No wonder NE was able to expose this defense so easily.

This staff was once again badly outcoached, and they are looking for the quick fix as a remedy.. But I have a feeling that this position change will have the same result as the COY WIRE EXPERIMENT. Anytime your DL gives the qb all day to throw and the rb 150 yds , that qb is going to throw for 300+.

juice
11-19-2004, 09:43 AM
Anytime your DL gives the qb all day to throw and the rb 150 yds , that qb is going to throw for 300+.Exactly my point on the Reese deep pass, Brady had all day and Reese was in Man-to-man coverage.

I think Baker would have been long lost in that same situation.. at least Reese had a hand on the Ball and didn't fall down allowing a TD.

Gray seems to be buckling under the pressure instead of staying with his starting unit.. These Defensive subs have done nothing but disrupt the defense as a unit.

The DBs shouldn't be blamed for the lack of pressure generated by the DEs.

justasportsfan
11-19-2004, 09:48 AM
Exactly my point on the Reese deep pass, Brady had all day and Reese was in Man-to-man coverage.

I think Baker would have been long lost in that same situation.. at least Reese had a hand on the Ball and didn't fall down allowing a TD.

Gray seems to be buckling under the pressure instead of staying with his starting unit.. These Defensive subs have done nothing but disrupt the defense as a unit.

The DBs shouldn't be blamed for the lack of pressure generated by the DEs.Up until the Pats game our weakest spot on the D was the pass. After watching the Broncos drop ball after ball in the preseason game, I knew our passing D was in trouble. Part of that pass D was Reese. Baker is just as bad as Coy and Reese. The difference is, Deese is a rookie while Reese and Coy aren't. There's room for improvement/growth when a rookie get's experience especially when he get's familiar play w/ the first unit. I doubt reese and Coy are gonna get any better.

juice
11-19-2004, 09:57 AM
Up until the Pats game our weakest spot on the D was the pass. After watching the Broncos drop ball after ball in the preseason game, I knew our passing game was in trouble. Part of that pass D was reese. Baker is just as bad as Coy and reese. The difference is, reese is a rookie while Reese and Coy aren't. There's room for improvement when a rookie get's experience. I doubt reese and Coy are gonna get any better.What are you talking about Justa.. this defensive backfield was picked to be one of the best in the League with the addition of Vincent, and that included the experienced play of Reese at FS. Losing Milloy and then Vincent showed a lack of depth not a fall off in position play.

Even with the WIRE EXPERIMENT and the injuries to Milloy and Vincent, this unit was, up until this week, on the rise and getting healthy with Vincent possibly returning this week.

Why the big panic over a third down conversion that resulted in a FG.. at least Reese got a hand on the ball and brought the man down.

Baker has been a liability in pass defense every time he has been in the game.. He gave up the winning TD in the Raiders game with a Rookie mistake and he continued to display his lack of experience against the Pats.

justasportsfan
11-19-2004, 10:08 AM
What are you talking about Justa.. this defensive backfield was picked to be one of the best in the League with the addition of Vincent, and that included the experienced play of Reese at FS. Losing Milloy and then Vincent showed a lack of depth not a fall off in position play.

Even with the WIRE EXPERIMENT and the injuries to Milloy and Vincent, this unit was, up until this week, on the rise and getting healthy with Vincent possibly returning this week.

Why the big panic over a third down conversion that resulted in a FG.. at least Reese got a hand on the ball and brought the man down.

Baker has been a liability in pass defense every time he has been in the game.. He gave up the winning TD in the Raiders game with a Rookie mistake and he continued to display his lack of experience against the Pats.Picked by whom? Not from what I've seen. Vinccent was getting burned in preseason as well. Until he comes in a does something, I'll call it like I see it.

Baker has been a liability who's no worse than Reese. Like I said, there's room for growth w/ Baker while there's nothing left w/ Reese.

juice
11-19-2004, 10:46 AM
I see your point Justa.. Looking to the future Baker may or may not be FS of the Bills future, but giving him his first start as a Rookie against one of the Leagues most explosive recieving units, might not be the most opportune situation to test his abilities in this League.

I'm looking for the best combination of DBs to give the Bills a chance at a win this week, not the best chance of winning next year.

casdhf
11-19-2004, 11:46 AM
Reese sucks

DraftBoy
11-19-2004, 12:01 PM
Exactly my point on the Reese deep pass, Brady had all day and Reese was in Man-to-man coverage.

The DBs shouldn't be blamed for the lack of pressure generated by the DEs.

Same exact situation happened later in the game and Baker made an outstanding play on the ball but he got hosed on the call for pass interference. Ive saw Reese fall down from a simple juke move Sunday night which almost led to a big catch, I believe it was overthrown though. And your right the DB's cant all be to blame but they do need to cover for the DL's lack of pressure not one unit in the entire NFL brings pressure every play which is why there are such things as coverage sacks. With Reese, McGee, Baker, Clements, Vincent out there we will never see such things. Its not all on Reese not by any means but he is also part of the problem. He has maxed out his potential as a solid tackling ST'er.