• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Ask Takeo Thread

I am just curious how this is going to work? Are we going to submit a certain number of questions to his site per week or month? Are they going to pull them from the thread? Just curious.

BTW thanks Mikey for hooking us up.

I didnt want to post this in the Ask Takeo Spikes Thread because I didnt really understand how it was all going to work?
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
    I am just curious how this is going to work? Are we going to submit a certain number of questions to his site per week or month? Are they going to pull them from the thread? Just curious.

BTW thanks Mikey for hooking us up.

I didnt want to post this in the Ask Takeo Spikes Thread because I didnt really understand how it was all going to work?
    we are fielding questions...we will put together 20 of them that will be submitted to Takeo...he will respond and it will appear on the front page in an article...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

Cool, Thanks
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

"dear TKO.. you have a sweet name and a huge paycheck.. when are you going to actually earn it?"

can someone ask him that please.

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
          Cool, Thanks
          So, please put as many serious questions as you can think of for Takeo and you might get a whole bunch published.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

my question is serious.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
              • May 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
              "dear TKO.. you have a sweet name and a huge paycheck.. when are you going to actually earn it?"

can someone ask him that please.

I am behind this question 100%

How about adding, where was that guy that the Bills fans screamed for two years ago?

Why is it that you can't ask a funny question to him, why does this board have to try to justify itself as a credible/serious board. Damn, we joke about everything and anything, but no funny questions to TKO.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                I am behind this question 100%

How about adding, where was that guy that the Bills fans screamed for two years ago?

Why is it that you can't ask a funny question to him, why does this board have to try to justify itself as a credible/serious board. Damn, we joke about everything and anything, but no funny questions to TKO.
                My sentiments exactly. Any 10th grader can come up with the lame questions you guys did. Let's have some fun.

Ask him if the Bills chef is a tool.

Comment

• DaBills
                  • Sep 2004

I think the question is legit. I'd ask it of Moulds though first. I don't see the question as humerous as much as brutally honest. Screw the fluff Entertainment tonight-lite questions.
                  “The Bills: better than the record indicates.”

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DaBills
                    I think the question is legit. I'd ask it of Moulds though first. I don't see the question as humerous as much as brutally honest. Screw the fluff Entertainment tonight-lite questions.
                    yup...and never get another interview...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                      yup...and never get another interview...
                      Oh puhlease.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                        Oh puhlease.
                        I'll tell you what...when it is posted...don't read it! if it doesn't meet your "cutting edge, get to the truth, make an ass out of the interviewee" then just pass it over...you don't ever like anything we write here anyway so just go stick it...

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                          I'll tell you what...when it is posted...don't read it! if it doesn't meet your "cutting edge, get to the truth, make an ass out of the interviewee" then just pass it over...you don't ever like anything we write here anyway so just go stick it...
                          OK. I'll ask my 8th grade son if he has any hard hitting questions for you.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly

Because there is a difference between the message boards and the front page...when we are on the front page and getting stuff for it we are very serious...you think we do all that just to pass the time or while we are waiting for a bus??? no, we aren't a major newspaper, but what we do, we take seriously...if you can't appreciate the fact that the front page is serious and that, with a volunteer staff, we try hard and are trying to be serious then we don't need the questions, we'll do it ourselves...this place really is about the front page whether you believe/like it or not.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                              Give me a minute...
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                              OK. I'll ask my 8th grade son if he has any hard hitting questions for you.
                              he probably has a better analysis about who to vote for for president then your "he throws like a girl" analysis....

Comment

Working...
                              X