PDA

View Full Version : this ain't rocket surgery

nuklz2594
11-18-2004, 11:46 PM
i am in my 40's and football has not changed. a champion contender needs to be able to do two things better than their opponent:
1.stop the run on defense
2.run the ball effectively on offense
look at all the super bowl champions and 99% of them had these qualities. the exception that comes to mind is the pats when they had to rely on a. smith. during the bills run of four super bowl appearances we ran the ball. last time i checked buffalo is a cold weather team. jim kelly threw some ugly passes-he out muscled the weather with his throws. we should have beaten the giants to get our super bowl win in spite of norwood's gaffe. we tackled poorly and that is being kind.
we need to stop trying to employ offensive schemes and get back to basic football a la vince lombardi with the packers or even bill parcells giants. they were running teams. look at the ravens. they won a super bowl with trent dilfer at qb. elway did not win his super bowl until t. davis came along. t.bradshaw had franco harris. r. staubach had t. dorsett. marino never got close to a super bowl because shula and the fish could never get a rb. imagine if the fish had thurman thomas in his prime with marino--scary.
we have mcgahee and t. henry for the time being. we need blocking. look at the steelers. you would think mm would have brought their running philosophy over with him. you can't believe that their wr's of ward or burress are better than moulds. being able to run the ball starts with an attitude. the steelers,packers, and broncos have that attitude. personally i think instead of drafting mcgahee we should have drafted o-linemen. we haven't been a good running team since k. hull retired. we should have drafted jeff faine who is now with the browns. mike williams can run block. in his nfl career he has had to adjust and deal with new coaching staffs and schemes. maybe if we had a clue of what we were doing he would have shown up in shape. the running game is won in the trenches. look at the broncos. every year they produce rbs with over a 1000 yds. hell, my daughter could run behind the broncos line for positive yardage.
with an established running game you can then pass. a.reed was a good fit for the bills. do you think he would have had the numbers of his career without thurman running the ball? i don't think so. if a. reed had been with the saints for example he would not have done anything.
our defense is good. it isn't great. peyton manning will not win a super bowl until the colts learn how to play defense. every super bowl champ had a dominant defense that stopped the opponents ability to run the ball. remember the steel curtain, doomsday defense,the bears, ravens defense, and the pats.
anyway to end my rant, i will say this-until we run the ball effectively, we aren't going anywhere. look at the steelers with rothlesberger. he is throwing the ball maybe 20 times a game. he is effective because they run the ball down your throat. i think jp losman can learn which way to hand the ball off with some experience. if moulds wants to leave--let him. he has very good trade value. we need o-linemen. draft o-line and get it via free agency.
yor thoughts

Charlieguide
11-19-2004, 12:04 AM
If this isn't drunk talk, I don't know what is. Note the lack of capital letters, spotty punctuation, run-on sentences and paragraphs, and lack of transition between topics.

"Rocket surgery?" :headscrat

Tatonka
11-19-2004, 12:56 AM
rocket surgery

:rofl:

colin
11-19-2004, 02:30 AM
if you guys have never heard the phrase rocket surgery before the jokes on you.

before the slower ones jump up and say "ITS SUPPOSED TEH BE TEH ROCKET SCIENCE"
or

"ITS SUPPOSED TEH BE TEH BRAIN SURGERY"

it is a play on those words.

anyhow, yeah we suck at running and that sucks. our passing game sucks too tho, and our passing game the last two years opened up our running a good bit (so did being way behind in games, we had a good avg per but over all not great yardage).

i think 2 good linemen and one to replace Jennings need to get in here, but where are we gonna find them?

perhaps a trade of Moulds, Henry, Reed, all our O, for some linemen. that would actually make us better than we are right now, IF we can get at least one other serviceable WR besides Moulds

jamze132
11-19-2004, 10:49 AM
I will sum up what his 10,000 word rant said in just a few words: Tommy D. SUCKS!!! (and so does Drew)

Drive 4 Five
11-19-2004, 01:28 PM
rocket surgery

:rofl:

:lolcry:

That's how them boys from way out yonder talk now so don't hanker...

:roflmao:

Mr. Miyagi
11-19-2004, 03:17 PM
:lolcry:

That's how them boys from way out yonder talk now so don't hanker...

:roflmao:
As in Bledsoe of Liberty?

Tatonka
11-19-2004, 03:29 PM
i am going to be adding rocket surgery to my repetwa :D

TigerJ
11-20-2004, 08:40 AM
It's not brain science either. Run the ball. In the Rams case, however, it's not stop the run so much as it's stop the pass.

Turf
11-20-2004, 08:59 AM
If anyone's too bothered to use caps and punctuation, I'm too bothered to read it.

Billz_fan
11-20-2004, 12:20 PM
That post was written after a 12 pack :laughter:

Dozerdog
11-20-2004, 12:40 PM
I've used "Rocket Surgery" a lot in the past as well.

I also preface sentances with "I'm not a brain sturgeon, but......"

imbondz
11-20-2004, 12:55 PM
the Rams SB victory relied on offense more than it relied on D. Although, their D that year wasn't horrible. Kept the Titans to 0 points in the first half of that game.