PDA

View Full Version : Is moulds afraid to get hit?

yaron_usa2
11-19-2004, 12:28 AM
I remember at least 4 times moulds jumped in the air, away from a potential hit, in order to TRY to catch the ball, and only once succeeding. You guys remember the catch he had when his tippy toes when just out of bounds, he was trying to get out of the way from being hit. And another time on a screen pass, he was afraid to move a bit toward the line of scrimmage to catch the ball so that he wouldn't get hit.

I'm not expecting him to sacrifice his life, but come on, this is football and we do need to win. Has anyone else noticed this, especially in other previous games? I've only noticed it on the last game.

NapalmDeath
11-19-2004, 02:26 AM
I only noticed it on the catch. I didn't see the entire game though, I had to work and caught the 2nd half. As for the play, why he jumped? Dunno.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-19-2004, 06:08 AM
I heard someone also say that Moulds never catches a ball with both feet on the ground anymore, I am not really sure what that means but it must have something to do with this.

Hemlepp53
11-19-2004, 07:52 AM
Come on... I need more info to make a statement on this I personally like Moulds... I have not noticed it personally...

TedMock
11-19-2004, 08:01 AM
He jumps on just about every catch. It's nothing new, though. That's always been an imperfection in his game. It wasn't made a big deal out of before because he always caught the ball. Over the last 3 seasons, he's dropped a ton of passes. He's a good WR, don't get me wrong, but he's definitely got some faults that the local fan base doesn't like to acknowledge. The locals always consider him one of the best wideouts in the league, but the national media/fans don't necessarily feel that way. I'll try to find the link, but I remember ESPN's list of top WR's last year had Moulds ranked somewhere around 16. I hope to god that we keep him next season. He's a very good, veteran WR. He's also a good teammate, and he took less money to stay in Buffalo, so we owe him one. I don't care that he's not the classiest guy off the field. Heck, I could care less about any of their personal lives. He would be the perfect tool to help transition Losman.

NC-BILLS44
11-19-2004, 09:39 AM
He's definitely not afraid to hit someone else. Didn't he layout a LB on one of Willis' runs?? I still consider Moulds to be a physical reciever. I think he is frustrated this year because he's healthy and ready, but the balls just aren't coming his way as frequently. I will agree that he seems to be dropping the ball more this year.

THATHURMANATOR
11-19-2004, 11:35 AM
He is a solid receiver. Why make something out of nothing here?

Buffalofan
11-19-2004, 11:53 AM
He is a solid receiver. Why make something out of nothing here?

I guess they are just tired of blaming everything on the QB so they are looking for a new excuse ...

Drive 4 Five
11-19-2004, 01:20 PM
He jumps on just about every catch. It's nothing new, though. That's always been an imperfection in his game. It wasn't made a big deal out of before because he always caught the ball. Over the last 3 seasons, he's dropped a ton of passes. He's a good WR, don't get me wrong, but he's definitely got some faults that the local fan base doesn't like to acknowledge. The locals always consider him one of the best wideouts in the league, but the national media/fans don't necessarily feel that way. I'll try to find the link, but I remember ESPN's list of top WR's last year had Moulds ranked somewhere around 16. I hope to god that we keep him next season. He's a very good, veteran WR. He's also a good teammate, and he took less money to stay in Buffalo, so we owe him one. I don't care that he's not the classiest guy off the field. Heck, I could care less about any of their personal lives. He would be the perfect tool to help transition Losman.

He took less money because he was smart enough to know that he was in a good position at the time, but you said it yourself, he is not an ELITE receiver and should not be making the kind of money that Harrison, Owens, and Moss make. Eric Moulds is a "good" player but not like those guys...not even close. So why is he being commended for taking slightly less money? He got what he is worth... He was smart to stay in Buffalo and he would be wise to stay put.

As far as Eric being afraid to get hit, well you don't have to be a "rocket surgeon" to know that that is just plain ol' silly now.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-19-2004, 03:24 PM
Come on... I need more info to make a statement on this I personally like Moulds... I have not noticed it personally...

If you are referring to my statement, again, I had heard it. I believe it was John Clayton who said it. Email him and ask what he means by it. I know that one thing he was talking about was when Moulds caught the ball out of bounds last week.

RedEyE
11-19-2004, 04:27 PM
Ok so he's jumping in the air to catch the ball, but he doesn't like to get hit???!!! Why in heck are you guys trying to drag this guy through the mud lately?

Personally, I would rather have a WR go get the ball rather than sitting there waiting for it to come to him. He helps eliminates INTs that way. And if you're jumping in the air to get the ball, you're most likely going to get hit. Sounds like Moulds is doing his job perfectly.

Did any of you stop and think that perhaps the ball isn't being thrown perfectly, causing him to readjust his route, or himself to make the play? Washed up QBs tend to not be able to make the right throw.

Get off of Moulds.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-19-2004, 04:32 PM
Ok so he's jumping in the air to catch the ball, but he doesn't like to get hit???!!! Why in heck are you guys trying to drag this guy through the mud lately?

Personally, I would rather have a WR go get the ball rather than sitting there waiting for it to come to him. He helps eliminates INTs that way. And if you're jumping in the air to get the ball, you're most likely going to get hit. Sounds like Moulds is doing his job perfectly.

Did any of you stop and think that perhaps the ball isn't being thrown perfectly, causing him to readjust his route, or himself to make the play? Washed up QBs tend to not be able to make the right throw.

Get off of Moulds.

Again, don't put me in your "you guys" category, I didn't say anything about Moulds leaving his feet to catch the ground. I don't even know what Clayton was talking about.

RedEyE
11-19-2004, 04:56 PM
Again, don't put me in your "you guys" category, I didn't say anything about Moulds leaving his feet to catch the ground. I don't even know what Clayton was talking about.

You're ok....

..for now.

:skeptic:

finsrclowns
11-19-2004, 07:57 PM

Someone said this a couple weeks ago and I've been watching. He does do it just about every time. And by the time he comes down he's tackled or last week he jumps on a ball head high and lands OB. Watch for yourself this week.